Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend)- thread #2

Just wanted to agree with the others on only going to 10ish.... I've only ever trained that far before a half and it has always worked great. Before my first half, which was princess in 2012, I really wanted the whole "I just did 13.1 miles" special for that day. I also have made training plans for 3 co workers, and my 64 year old parents only having them train until mile 10 and all finished great! Everyone is different, but just wanted to agree with some others that you will be just fine!

By the way I have been a die hard chocolate outrage GU fan.... Until I tried the new honey stinger "strawberry smoothie" gel. Omg. These are good, and no water needed to choke it down!

I want to give a HUGE thank you to you!!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

With the weather being wholly uncooperative last weekend, I completed 12 miles on the treadmill -- without going completely :scared1: -- thanks to my new China Beach DVDs!! :woohoo:

Only one problem... a little tough to run when you get all choked up... I :lovestruc that show!!

Looks like the weather might cooperate for my 13 miles this weekend... fingers crossed... but if not, back to China Beach I go!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

OMG tell me about it!! I watched a marathon of the current season of Biggest loser while doing my 11 miles. One guys story is so sad, I can't cry and run. My nose gets all stuffy.

OMG tell me about it!! I watched a marathon of the current season of Biggest loser while doing my 11 miles. One guys story is so sad, I can't cry and run. My nose gets all stuffy.

Exactly!!! :sad:

Even with this... challenge (!!), SO MUCH EASIER for me to run such a long distance on a treadmill while watching something that really holds my attention. Up to 5-ish I can do with music. After that... sheesh it's long!! :rotfl:

I picked the 13:00-16:00 pace for the rest of us and we are all in the 9500's.
:eek: Wait - if the 5K bibs go from 100s to 9000s, they're stuffing almost 10,000 of us into the race?! Can't be, can it?!

PrincessV
I don't know how to do all that multiple quoting..anyway the numbers are strange. I have a number in the 300's for the 5k??? and 20xxx for the GSC. I was looking at the corrals for WDW goofy, but thinking that probably won't work for our weekend. I didn't think they did corrals for the 5k.
I thought I'd get something from looking at DDD bibs, but not so much - they didn't seem to do corrals for the 5K. WDW 5Ks have started doing corrals, but I'll be darned if I can tell what they're based on! I was put in A for 2012 Jingle Jungle, despite putting in an estimated pace of 13:00/mile. :confused3 I used the same PoT for the WDW Half and GSC - a 1:16:23 10K - and was in J for the WDW Half... I think that might equate to the same for GSC, assuming they assume a slower pace for GSCers as they did for Goofy and Dopey. My GSC bib is 23xxx.

You are so good with all the encouragement to each poster.
:hug: Thank you for that - I'm merely paying it forward; I got soooo much support and encouragement here for my first rD races! Still do, for that matter! :goodvibes

That's awesome -- congrats!! The TOT 10-miler was my first long race, and you and others here were a tremendous help to me!! I boldly (stupidly??) had signed up for the 5K in the morning followed by the 10-miler that night. Incidentally, wish I got an additional something for that!! To my surprise, even after walking around WDW for 9 days right prior to it, I did the total of 13 miles in a day without a problem. I was shocked! If I could do a back-to-back my first time around (with some prior knee and IT band issues and asthma), you've got this covered!! :thumbsup2
:banana: Thanks Carolyn! I was honestly shocked by how good I felt Sunday, after doing the 4 miles Saturday. I may make easy back-to-backs part of my regular routine after this!

And she back….I know you said not again just hours after last year HOT race day….but I knew you would be back! Hoping for 2010 weather over last year.

Hey Joan!! You are right on! I'm almost embarrassed to say that since then I've done TOT, W&D, DL half, Tink half, Donald half, Minnie 10K and Space Coast full marathon!! I'll see ya in a few weeks!!

Exactly!!! :sad:

Even with this... challenge (!!), SO MUCH EASIER for me to run such a long distance on a treadmill while watching something that really holds my attention. Up to 5-ish I can do with music. After that... sheesh it's long!! :rotfl:

I did 9.8 on a very very long green a few weeks ago. Thank goodness they were cutting the big maple tree down by the church. I could mark their progress with each lap. It was funny but sad at the same time. I need to be distracted! so if you see someone trying to talk to everyone or themselves, it's probably me! LOL

:eek: Wait - if the 5K bibs go from 100s to 9000s, they're stuffing almost 10,000 of us into the race?! Can't be, can it?!

I thought I'd get something from looking at DDD bibs, but not so much - they didn't seem to do corrals for the 5K. WDW 5Ks have started doing corrals, but I'll be darned if I can tell what they're based on! I was put in A for 2012 Jingle Jungle, despite putting in an estimated pace of 13:00/mile. :confused3 I used the same PoT for the WDW Half and GSC - a 1:16:23 10K - and was in J for the WDW Half... I think that might equate to the same for GSC, assuming they assume a slower pace for GSCers as they did for Goofy and Dopey. My GSC bib is 23xxx.

I don't know how it's all going to work out but DS17 will be done before we even start.
I've only done one 5K at Disney and that was the Everest Challenge and we were in corrals.

I did 9.8 on a very very long green a few weeks ago. Thank goodness they were cutting the big maple tree down by the church. I could mark their progress with each lap. It was funny but sad at the same time. I need to be distracted! so if you see someone trying to talk to everyone or themselves, it's probably me! LOL

:rotfl: Too funny!! I'll be on the lookout... :thumbsup2

does anyone else have the urge to go run now that waivers are up? It feels so real now.
I think I'm going to hit the dreadmill before I have to go run errands.

Agreed - form what I've been seeing, it seems like GSC may be 20000-27000ish. 10K 30000s? I haven't seen any straight PHM numbers yet. 5K is perplexing me - I've got the highest number I've seen yet, 61xx, but I should be corralled mid-pack, based on time. I don't much care where I am for that, since I plan to take it very easy, so it doesn't really matter - I just like knowing how the numbers run, lol!

I'm straight PHM with no proof of time submitted, and I got #153XX.

So excited the waivers came out. :woohoo: I just wish the corrals were out too, but something is better than nothing.

I looked at DDD corrals, since that was a 10k and 13.1, so I figured it might give me at least a little reassurance I'm not in the back (need a cushion since I plan on going much slower than expected due to injuries). I know they've added a lot of corrals since then. But to me it seems to make some sense. My estimated finish based on my 10k submitted (1:02:xx) was 2:20. Last years DDD had corral C (of A to G) <2:25 as bibs 21535 - 22349. I got 216xx for GSC. I just assume this year it will be a later letter, because they are spreading out the corrals, but it will still be more middle than back. Am I crazy grasping a straws here? :confused3

Either way getting very excited now that it is getting so close. Love that my DD5 and DS7 are getting excited and keep asking when they are going to do their training for kids races:lovestruc. One question for you experienced northern runners. How big a deal is the temp change? If the weather on race day is warm compared to the arctic temperatures we in the northeast have been having, does it totally kill you race day? I go to FL a week before race and planned on a couple early am short runs at my parents - but should I wait and run later when it warms up a bit to help myself acclimate? I'm probably alone in my praying for cool weather race morning:duck:

So jealous of those of you that can watch shows running on your treadmills. I run at a gym when I'm inside. The tv selection is not great. I usually just set it to the track option and watch myself go around and around and around the track. My record is 23 laps before the machine timed out and made me reset it. Really not a record I want to improve on. This saturday actually looks conducive to an outdoor run, so here's hoping!

You have to remember that there is upwards of 15,000+ runners with all very close proof of times so for every minute or 30 second increment there could be hundreds to thousands of people who also fit that 'time' (as I bet it doesnt arrange per second i.e 2:09:09 would be ahead of 2:09:45 just in the group of 2:09) plus I found esp for princess placement v corrals is a tad more perplexing than usual (I guess the 'predominately female bell curve' is more unique than a male/female bell curve) I tend to place 1-2 corrals earlier in princess than I do in other races with same proof of time (old B & C vs D/E/F) -em
My daughters number is 3xxx and mine is 16xxx about a 13,000 difference! When we both registered we had not submitted a proof of time since neither Of us had run a 10k yet. In October we submitted our 10K proofs to disneysports@trackshack.com; DD received a confirmation but I did not, so I emailed again following up to see if my proof had been received(I was submitting my proof for both the Disney Half as well as Princess Half) I did receive a response saying yes, it was all set, then I followed up again making sure that the proof of time was submitted for both races, again they responded yes for both races.

Just got off the phone with rundisney (trackshack??)and discovered that my registration has no proof listed!

I was told to forward the original email to them and someone would look into it :mad: of course I only have the first 2 emails that I sent in on 10/21 and 10/29 but not their response emails for some reason. Guess I expected that since I was told it was all set, that it actually would be all set :confused:

My Disney half corral was appropriate for my proof submitted; I submitted a 1:01:51 10K and was placed in G

So excited the waivers came out. :woohoo: I just wish the corrals were out too, but something is better than nothing.

I looked at DDD corrals, since that was a 10k and 13.1, so I figured it might give me at least a little reassurance I'm not in the back (I plan on going much slower than expected due to injuries). I know they've added a lot of corrals since then. But to me it seems to make some sense. My estimated finish based on my 10k submitted (1:02:xx) was 2:20. Last years DDD had <2:25 as bibs 21535 - 22349. I got 21695 for GSC. I just assume this year it will be a later letter, because they are spreading out the corrals, but it will still be more middle than back. Am I crazy grasping a straws here? :confused3

Either way getting very excited now that it is getting so close. Love that my DD5 and DS7 are getting excited and keep asking when they are going to do their training for kids races:lovestruc. One question for you experienced northern runners. How big a deal is the temp change? If the weather on race day is warm compared to the arctic temperatures we in the northeast have been having, does it totally kill you race day? I go to FL a week before race and planned on a couple early am short runs at my parents - but should I wait and run later when it warms up a bit to help myself acclimate? I'm probably alone in my praying for cool weather race morning:duck:

So jealous of those of you that can watch shows running on your treadmills. I run at a gym when I'm inside. The tv selection is not great. I usually just set it to the track option and watch myself go around and around and around the track. My record is 23 laps before the machine timed out and made me reset it. Really not a record I want to improve on. This saturday actually looks conducive to an outdoor run, so here's hoping!

I don't think your corral estimate is off base at all. I'm 222-something (22,2xx) doing the GSC and submitted a 1:07 10k. I figure middle-front of the pack, given the way I ended up in B (only out of A-E there though) for Tink based on that same proof of time.

I sure wish they would put up some more info though! I'm getting super excited. Like yours, my DS is asking about his race too. For now, he's running around the house doing "laps." I'm not sure its ever going to get warm enough for him to run outside before then.

Had to laugh at your 23 laps record. My treadmill times out at 100 minutes but if I restart it quickly enough, it will keep the stats going. Sadly, I've had this experience SEVERAL times.... :rotfl:

Okay I did a 'dopey' thing and now I hope I am not paying for it…
In the excitement of registering initially for my first Half..I submitted a 5K time because I didn't realize it was a 10K or more time. After I realized it I assumed they would ignore it because it said 5K plus I said I estimated my time to be 3 hours…well I looked up my bib # and I am 70XX and all my friends are in the 16XXX or higher. Am I going to get trampled in a different corral? I want to be with my peeps and now I feel really stupid…Suggestions? Thanks!!!!:bitelip:

Okay I did a 'dopey' thing and now I hope I am not paying for it…
In the excitement of registering initially for my first Half..I submitted a 5K time because I didn't realize it was a 10K or more time. After I realized it I assumed they would ignore it because it said 5K plus I said I estimated my time to be 3 hours…well I looked up my bib # and I am 70XX and all my friends are in the 16XXX or higher. Am I going to get trampled in a different corral? I want to be with my peeps and now I feel really stupid…Suggestions? Thanks!!!!:bitelip:

If your friends are in a higher coral than yourself ie. you're in coral D. they're in coral J, you can go back and start with them.

You can move back, they can't move up, if that makes sense.

Got my bib number. Took a while because it kept saying not found. Look at my registration and saw my birthdate was off by a day. Guess I need to call and get that fixed. I'm 67xx. I submitted a 10k time of 1:17:32. This is my first half and first Disney race so I have no idea where that puts me. Getting excited!! This is really happening!! What?!!!

If your friends are in a higher coral than yourself ie. you're in coral D. they're in coral J, you can go back and start with them.

You can move back, they can't move up, if that makes sense.

Ok that's encouraging. I am SLOW LOL. I would be a fraud. Now I will probably get dirty looks from people thinking I am a fast runner in a slow corral LOL.

Of course now I will have to admit my blunder to my friends LOL

Also, half marathon and GSC will have separate pools of bib numbers (don't know if that is a factor for you), but will be overlaid with each other in the corrals. GSC appears to start at 20000.

Excellent! My GSC bib is 202XX, which at first I thought must have been a mistake because my mom (who is only running the 1/2 and had no proof of time) has a 13XXX bib number!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter