• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate o bring this up, but we will have magic bands the weekend of the half. Do we check them with our bags or wear them during the race?

I got promotional info this week saying all sports will have MB. I didn't think I would like it, but now I am thinking it will be good to wear in race as I won't have to keep up with the keycard. I run with very little extra. In the past I have made my outfits and incorporate "pockets" to carry keycard and sport beans. this year I am not making anything.
I have actually extended my trip one day and will add a day in the park so I can figure out how to use "my disney experience"..all the FP+ stuff etc.

Uggg...winter has struck!!! Snow and ice everywhere!! Guess it's time to use my treadmill....I hate it soooo much....any hints to help pass the time on the tm???

Which Princess wears orange?!! :)

I think she meant change the magic band, not change the princess :)

If your mind's set on the orange magic band, it would match...Merida's hair? Or, several non-princess characters, like Nemo or Goofy. :)

Uggg...winter has struck!!! Snow and ice everywhere!! Guess it's time to use my treadmill....I hate it soooo much....any hints to help pass the time on the tm???

I save up all my TV shows on my DVR and watch them while I'm running. I'm pretty slow on the treadmill (12mm) and I can usually get between 3-4 miles done during a show with skipping the commercials.

I also just started watching all the old episodes of The Walking Dead (so no commercials) and can get about 3.5 miles done during a show.

It works out pretty well since I do two short runs during the week of 3-4 miles, so only one show is needed per run. :)

I also DVR a lot of those sappy Christmas movies from Hallmark, Lifetime, ABC Family, etc. and watch those. :P

I obviously highly rely on TV to get me through my treadmill runs!

I think she meant change the magic band, not change the princess :) If your mind's set on the orange magic band, it would match...Merida's hair? Or, several non-princess characters, like Nemo or Goofy. :)
I know. I was just being silly. :) Do people only dress up as princesses or Minnie? Would I look stupid dressed as a character instead of a Princess??

I know. I was just being silly. :) Do people only dress up as princesses or Minnie? Would I look stupid dressed as a character instead of a Princess??

no, you would not. i went as batgirl one year. mrs. incredible played off of it and the announcer called me out as batgirl when crossing the finish but alas.. i had my headphones in and was oblivious :rolleyes1

Not at all. One of the cutest outfits I have seen was a runner dressed as Russell from UP and carrying balloons.

I wear Brooks so that doesn't work for me but I LOVE the idea! So fun!

I wear only brooks as well. But doing some investigating I figured out that the NB 860 seems to be comparable to my beloved Adrenalines. I have tried different shoes twice, neither time has it gone well. But I'm thinking for fun I might try on some 860s next time I'm at my local shop getting new Adrenalines . I'd still only run in my Adrenalines, but I wear sneakers a lot and if the 860s are comfortable I could get the Disney ones at the expo for a day to day shoe:). Then my running shoes would get less mileage as well.

I can talk myself into anything.

I wear only brooks as well. But doing some investigating I figured out that the NB 860 seems to be comparable to my beloved Adrenalines. I have tried different shoes twice, neither time has it gone well. But I'm thinking for fun I might try on some 860s next time I'm at my local shop getting new Adrenalines . I'd still only run in my Adrenalines, but I wear sneakers a lot and if the 860s are comfortable I could get the Disney ones at the expo for a day to day shoe:). Then my running shoes would get less mileage as well.

I can talk myself into anything.

The new shoes are 890 v4, so those are the ones you would want to try.

I wear only brooks as well. But doing some investigating I figured out that the NB 860 seems to be comparable to my beloved Adrenalines. I have tried different shoes twice, neither time has it gone well. But I'm thinking for fun I might try on some 860s next time I'm at my local shop getting new Adrenalines . I'd still only run in my Adrenalines, but I wear sneakers a lot and if the 860s are comfortable I could get the Disney ones at the expo for a day to day shoe:). Then my running shoes would get less mileage as well. I can talk myself into anything.
Haha! Love it! Rationalizing new running shoes is the runner way ;)

The new shoes are 890 v4, so those are the ones you would want to try.

The videos I watched said the new designs for Minnie and Mickeys were 860v4, and the new goofy and Cinderella were the 890v4 I would like Mickey but would settle for Minnie. So, as I understood it that would be the 860v4.

Newbie here and I obviously haven't read all the posts! I have a question…I am deathly afraid of being swept! I know you are supposed to maintain a sub-16 min mile, which I should have no problem doing. However, I am NOT fast, I'm like a 13 min mile on avg. I read that people get swept, but then when I look at results there are people that have finish times of 4:20 etc. How is that possible that they didn't get swept? I'm confused…:confused3
THANKS!

Pooh's Pixie said:
Newbie here and I obviously haven't read all the posts! I have a question…I am deathly afraid of being swept! I know you are supposed to maintain a sub-16 min mile, which I should have no problem doing. However, I am NOT fast, I'm like a 13 min mile on avg. I read that people get swept, but then when I look at results there are people that have finish times of 4:20 etc. How is that possible that they didn't get swept? I'm confused…:confused3
THANKS!

Because the sweepers don't start until the very last person crosses the finish line. Say it takes 45-50 min for all the runners to start, but if you are in the first corral, you theoretically have the 3:30 plus the 45-50 min it took for all the corrals to go (clock time). It's one of the reasons proof of time to get into an earlier coral can be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter