Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dh and I ran/walked 8 miles today! That is the farthest that I have gone so far. I felt pretty good and I had an average 13 minute mile. But gosh, it seemed far! Next weekend we are taking a shorter run and the week after that we will go for 9 miles!

Congrats, that's awesome! When I was training for my first half, I remember each distance seeming soooo far at first!! Now that I am training for my third half (PHM) and building distance up again, they seem so much less daunting-it gets easier!

One of my favorite running quotes is something about being amazed that you can do something that was impossible 2 weeks ago!

Did 5.5 miles Monday. Did ok, I wore my older sneakers and had no shin splint issues so I'm not sure what to do there. The new shoes are the exact same but a different color so they are probably made at a different factory. I will probably go back and get another pair of the blue ones (old pair) and see if that helps. I had a bit of a meltdown on the treadmill at mile 4, totally second guessing myself but I stuck it out to finish the last 1.5 and actually finished ok. I probably could have gone more but I was pushing it to get to school on time to get kids.

I am getting a little nervous about my pacing. I can't seem to get down past a 15mm, no matter what I do. I know I'll be slightly faster during the race but it's not leaving me with a lot of wiggle room. I want to enjoy this race, I did not enjoy the Everest Challenge because I felt so much pressure to finish in the allotted time.

Wondering if anyone can reassure me here. I registered for the race with my nickname, which is a derivation of my real name, because I hate my full first name and didn't want it on my bib. But today I did a 10k for POT. Got a 1:02:25 finish which I was happy with and hope will be good enough to get me to the front half of the pack. But I just realized my results are in my full legal name. Any chance they wont accept my POT? I'm nervous. I've been injured and just got cleared to run about 2 weeks ago, so I worked hard for this. I'd hate to see it refused :(

Wondering if anyone can reassure me here. I registered for the race with my nickname, which is a derivation of my real name, because I hate my full first name and didn't want it on my bib. But today I did a 10k for POT. Got a 1:02:25 finish which I was happy with and hope will be good enough to get me to the front half of the pack. But I just realized my results are in my full legal name. Any chance they wont accept my POT? I'm nervous. I've been injured and just got cleared to run about 2 weeks ago, so I worked hard for this. I'd hate to see it refused :(

Let them know when you email in your update. I think it'd be ok - my name was misspelled for the 10K I sent in and they said it wouldn't be an issue.

Just had to share...I'm a newbie runner signed up for the Enchanted 10k. I've run a few local 5k races and have my first 10k coming up next week. A few weeks ago, I suffered a hip injury while running and became very discouraged. I took the past two weeks off of running and just worked out on my elliptical on my normal running days. I also took the advice from you folks on here and was properly fitted for a new pair of running shoes. Well, yesterday was my first 5k post injury and I'm so thrilled to report that I shaved 9 minutes off of my time! The shoes ran like a dream and I had absolutely no hip pain! Couldn't have asked for better results!

Just had to share...I'm a newbie runner signed up for the Enchanted 10k. I've run a few local 5k races and have my first 10k coming up next week. A few weeks ago, I suffered a hip injury while running and became very discouraged. I took the past two weeks off of running and just worked out on my elliptical on my normal running days. I also took the advice from you folks on here and was properly fitted for a new pair of running shoes. Well, yesterday was my first 5k post injury and I'm so thrilled to report that I shaved 9 minutes off of my time! The shoes ran like a dream and I had absolutely no hip pain! Couldn't have asked for better results!

That's awesome! Injuries are so discouraging. I'm still relatively new to running as well and I find injuries mess with my head and make me doubt myself. It's great your new shoes made a difference and you finished with a time that really shows you did what you needed so you could recover from the injury and come back strong:). Well done!

That is awesome!! :)

Has anyone else been checking out attraction refurbs/closures for the PHM weekend/week?? I am unreasonably disappointed that Splash Mountain will be closed (my second favourite ride! and I only got to ride it ONCE on my last 10-day trip!) AND the peoplemover (which I've always loved and didn't even go on AT ALL on my last trip!) AND FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING (!!!!!!!!!!!) :(

I guess Blizzard Beach too- although it will probably be too cold to visit anyway. I know I should just be thankful that like 99% of things will still be open but I just can't help being sad about some of these closures!

And to be honest up until today I had actually come to terms with the fact that this would be my last Disney trip for a few years (major financial reasons), but now I'm already self-justifying another trip in the near future since I'll be missing stuff on this one! Wine and Dine 2014 is sounding pretty awesome...:rolleyes1

Has anyone else been checking out attraction refurbs/closures for the PHM weekend/week?? I am unreasonably disappointed that Splash Mountain will be closed (my second favourite ride! and I only got to ride it ONCE on my last 10-day trip!) AND the peoplemover (which I've always loved and didn't even go on AT ALL on my last trip!) AND FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING (!!!!!!!!!!!) :(

I guess Blizzard Beach too- although it will probably be too cold to visit anyway. I know I should just be thankful that like 99% of things will still be open but I just can't help being sad about some of these closures!

And to be honest up until today I had actually come to terms with the fact that this would be my last Disney trip for a few years (major financial reasons), but now I'm already self-justifying another trip in the near future since I'll be missing stuff on this one! Wine and Dine 2014 is sounding pretty awesome...:rolleyes1

splash is usually closed in the beginning of the year, so you would do best to avoid that time if it is a must-do :) in my head i think it's because it is a colder time of year, and no one wants to be soaked then.

FOTLK is sad though, but it's because it's moving, so it's for the better! peoplemover is :( too

I am running the 2014 Disney Princess and need a pacer so Hubby has volunteered to pace me. Is anyone not able to run and wants to sell their bib? Please message me if so!

Thanks!

missusa82 @ aol .com (no spaces)

Hello, I need a bit of advice. We are planning on arriving to the expo around 2ish on Thursday, but we have an option of getting there at noon (when it opens), but that flight is extremely early... Can someone tell me if we will be arriving at a good time and will still be able to get goodies.

I am running the 2014 Disney Princess and need a pacer so Hubby has volunteered to pace me. Is anyone not able to run and wants to sell their bib? Please message me if so!

Thanks!

missusa82 @ aol .com (no spaces)

Don't have a bib to offer, but there may still be spots open for travel providers. I know of someone who just got one through Dream Come True Travel (they are an official provider and have a link on the Princess page) if you are willing to consider doing a package. A WISHer works for them--ask for Kim Oehrlein.

If all else fails, there are Clif pace teams, although the pace intervals are rather large. Or you may be able to find another WISHer who will run pace with you. What pace are you shooting for? Are you a runner or run/walker?

Checking in! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I did the Turkey Chase at my high school, I did not come in where I wanted to (under an hour), but I have been averaging just under 14 minutes per mile due to the back injury and modifying all training, this race I came in at 12:17! My first mile was under 11 minutes! I think it could have been a bit better but it was VERY cold, and I have a hard time breathing in the cold. Another training run tomorrow night! Getting ready for this next challenge!

Hello, I need a bit of advice. We are planning on arriving to the expo around 2ish on Thursday, but we have an option of getting there at noon (when it opens), but that flight is extremely early... Can someone tell me if we will be arriving at a good time and will still be able to get goodies.

I was a couple hours late to the Wine and Dine expo due to sleeping in by accident. Meant to get up at 8 woke up at 1130. There was plenty available still.

I did my longest run ever on Sunday, just over 11 miles! I am less then 2 miles from half distance! It is starting to feel real!

I did my longest run ever on Sunday, just over 11 miles! I am less then 2 miles from half distance! It is starting to feel real!

Congratulations! That is fantastic. I had a bad cold this weekend and I didn't run at all. I have a feeling that once Christmas is over, the race is going to be here fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter