Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completed my first 4 mile run/walk this morning! I was so excited! Only 2.2 miles left for the 10k! It is starting to feel like I may actually be able to do this. :)

As always, happy training everyone! :cheer:
Fantastic, charmed1212! You can absolutely do this!!:thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was new shoe day for me!! I went to RoadRunner and got thoroughly fitted and found out that I'm a Brooks girl. :) Brooks Adrenaline with an ortho insert to be exact. I also got a pair of Zensah compression calf sleeves.
Even though I'm more on the plus size, the entire staff at the running store made me feel absolutely comfortable, and they were all excited for me when I told them I was training for the Princess Half.

You can get sport beans in a 24 pack. I have seen them online--e.g. Running Warehouse has a pack of 24 for $24--then you can get the 15% WISH discount and they ship free so they would end up being about$0.85 each.
Is there a code to use for the discount?

Pics of the medals are on the Disney Parks Blog! Now I wish I could do GSC... I love them all!

Yeah!!!! I'm even more excited now. I love the 10k and the glass slipper and I love that they are blue ribbons- (for the GSC and phm). I can't wait to hang them up with my pink coast to coast and purple and green wine and dine! (Hopefully... If I make it through!)

Pics of the medals are on the Disney Parks Blog! Now I wish I could do GSC... I love them all!

Me too - I registered too late to join in on the GSC fun. But I really do love the PHM medal - I've seen the PHM medals from previous years and this is definitely my favorite! Thanks for posting, Patty!

Also wanted to share my excitement - I'm not following a set training plan, but I usually run 3 miles daily with a 6-mile run thrown in here and there. I knew I'd need to increase the mileage soon if I want to make my 2:00 goal for the PHM and today looked like a good day to try a longer distance! So I ran a new 11-mile route and it went really well. So happy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was new shoe day for me!! I went to RoadRunner and got thoroughly fitted and found out that I'm a Brooks girl. :) Brooks Adrenaline with an ortho insert to be exact. I also got a pair of Zensah compression calf sleeves.
Even though I'm more on the plus size, the entire staff at the running store made me feel absolutely comfortable, and they were all excited for me when I told them I was training for the Princess Half.

i'm also a brooks adrenaline w/ insert girl :wave2: i actually just ordered and received my second pair of them last week!

i really :lovestruc love :lovestruc the medals and it made me so much more excited for february to get here!!

i'm also a brooks adrenaline w/ insert girl :wave2: i actually just ordered and received my second pair of them last week! i really :lovestruc love :lovestruc the medals and it made me so much more excited for february to get here!!

Me too! I just got the Adrenaline GTS 14. They are so lightweight!

I love my Adrenaline GTS 13's, they've all I've ever run in. How are the 14's different (if you know)?

I have them, and I have been running in them for a couple of weeks. They took out a "shank" in the middle. That's what they said at the running store, anyway. lol. They are a lot more lightweight, which I LOVE. I feel like my feet are barely touching the ground! If you have a running store that lets you exchange shoes after you have run in them, I would say they are worth a try! They only come in one color right now, but it is pretty!

Thanks for posting! I like that they totally went in a different direction this year. Glad to be running for this bling.

I love them because they are all Cinderella themed. I am huge Cinderella collector, so I am very excited to bring these home! I am sure I will cry!

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying or selling bibs with other runners.....I was just told by someone who works for rundisney that this year they are going to start requiring IDs at the race start and they have to match the bib registration:( The info is supposed to be in the race packets. I guess too many people are buying and selling them and since it's not allowed they are trying to stop it this way.

I am also a rundisney rookie, but I believe there are plenty of spectator locations that don't require a chear package...hopefully someone else can jump in on where spectators can see runners! Sports beans are available in individual packs at sporting goods stores (I go to Dick's) or running expos. Near me they are $1.29 a pack, usually found at the front near the registers. I've actually never seen them in a big pack, where could I find those?

Amazon!! I love that website. I saw the jelly belly ones being sold 24 for $24. :)

That's because you CAN! :thumbsup2

Absolutely! I don't recommend anyone even try to cheer inside the MK; that looked like a madhouse. But they can cheer from the TTC, outside the Poly or GF along the course, in EP (which looked far less packed than the MK).

Thank you!! :banana::banana:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay for new shoes! I tried on some Brooks and my feet felt incredible. Now to save up some dough to buy them. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Is anyone else following the beginners training program on the rundisney website? I'm sure someone has already mentioned it, but I don't have the energy to go through all 101 pages of posts ;) The Disney Princess Half will be my first race ever, so I'm both really excited and really nervous! I'd love to talk to some others about tips and where you are in the training process.

Is anyone else following the beginners training program on the rundisney website? I'm sure someone has already mentioned it, but I don't have the energy to go through all 101 pages of posts ;) The Disney Princess Half will be my first race ever, so I'm both really excited and really nervous! I'd love to talk to some others about tips and where you are in the training process.

Welcome!!!!

I am not following the rundisney plan, but I did run my first half in September and I followed my training plan as closely as possible and it worked out well. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions, but I guess my general advice would be follow the plan, put in the miles, stretch, cross train, and stretch some more. Good luck and have fun!! I found that the training journey ended up meaning just as much if not more to me than the race.

I cried a little after seeing the medals. I have been waiting for a pic to put on my wall in front of the treadmill for motivation.

YAY!! Time to break out the color printer! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter