Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
irishsymphony said:
Took the plunge and am registered.

Now to figure out how to be a half marathon runner :D

It's real simple...what you do is put one foot in front of the other until you've covered 13.1 miles ;)

I'm looking for resort advice now that I'm getting close to being able to book with DVC. I'm weighing either one of the monorail resorts (BLT or VGF) or the Epcot resorts (BCV or BWV). Opinions? I'm thinking it would be convenient to be able to take the monorail to the start and be able to walk to MK from BLT. But points are less for BCV and BWV and we can walk back through Epcot. I'm just not familiar enough with the WDW options as DL is my "home"

TIA fellow princesses and princes.

I'm looking for resort advice now that I'm getting close to being able to book with DVC. I'm weighing either one of the monorail resorts (BLT or VGF) or the Epcot resorts (BCV or BWV). Opinions? I'm thinking it would be convenient to be able to take the monorail to the start and be able to walk to MK from BLT. But points are less for BCV and BWV and we can walk back through Epcot. I'm just not familiar enough with the WDW options as DL is my "home"

We booked at BWV because we thought an Epcot resort would be nice and close, and because we've been dying to try that one! I'd say BWV or BCV will be a shorter trip to the start line, but BLT or VGF will be closer if you have a chEARsquad that wants to see you run in MK!

We booked at BWV because we thought an Epcot resort would be nice and close, and because we've been dying to try that one! I'd say BWV or BCV will be a shorter trip to the start line, but BLT or VGF will be closer if you have a chEARsquad that wants to see you run in MK!

Haha! My DH will be sleeping and checking the text updates to see when I'm expected to finish :-). I'm also thinking of which would be easier to get to the finish. I'm at the back of the pack :-)

Hello!

Obviously I'm new, and this will not only be my first Disney race, but my first race ever! My husband and I are doin the 5k, and am very excited!

Although, now I have to bring MIL and SIL to watch the baby. :( I was really looking forward to being able to do the stroller division. :(

I stayed BLT for the princess in 2012. Amazing! Loved everything about it.

I'm a first timer to the racing aspect, so I can't help much with those details. But I've stayed at BLT, BWV, and BCV multiple times. They are my three favorites. I love the convenience of walking to Epcot and HS from BwV and BC. I also usually walk to MK from BLT. I'm at BWV for the race because its one of our home resorts and we had those points available to book at 11 months. Wanted to make sure we had a two bedroom. I go back and forth about whether monorail would be better to get to the race. But I do love the ability to walk back to the resort after! I figure it will be a chance to try an Epcot resort and if I think I'd like monorail the next time I'll always have another race to give it a try. Good luck with you decision. In my opinion, you can't go wrong:)

I am all signed up and training for the phm :) first half ever! I started running in april and I think im doing fairly well. Anyways I had planned to stay at a deluxe resort since we are not doing the parks this trip. Then I saw the deluxe resosrts and planned to do that UNTIL I learned thwy up the prices dramatically thst week. So we found a hotel at downtown disney that we love. Has anyone ran and stayed anywhere other than a disney resort? Also does anyone know if dooney and burke will have a special princess purse? I saw last years and I am very excited to purchase one :)

But points are less for BCV and BWV and we can walk back through Epcot.
Just keep in mind that EP won't open until its regular open time, 9am if there's no EMH; you won't be able to walk through to BCV or BWV until then. And you'll use a ticket day to do so.

Has anyone ran and stayed anywhere other than a disney resort?
I haven't yet, but probably will for the WDW 1/2 and PHM weekend, so I've been reading lots of reports from folks who stayed off-site last year... it sounds pretty easy. Key seems to be getting there early if you're driving and need to park; roads will be closed, but traffic also backs up. I'd imagine the same would be true if coming by taxi.

Just in case anyone is still on the fence... registration for the Half is now 99% FULL!!! :hourglass

I'm in! Registered this morning when it was at 96% and really glad I did! It will be my second runDisney race (10K next month), and my first half marathon. Trying to decide between BC and Poly for the weekend. I like the idea of taking the monorail from Poly to the start, but I also like the idea of walking back to BC at the end when Epcot opens. Any recommendations?

I'm in! Registered this morning when it was at 96% and really glad I did! It will be my second runDisney race (10K next month), and my first half marathon. Trying to decide between BC and Poly for the weekend. I like the idea of taking the monorail from Poly to the start, but I also like the idea of walking back to BC at the end when Epcot opens. Any recommendations?

Yay... so glad you got in! I saw it this morning when it was showing registration at 96% and I kept debating because I haven't run the PHM since 2010, nor run seriously since fall 2011 due to a back injury, but really want to get back to running... I miss it, and I need a fun goal for my 40th bday which falls on that weekend. I was also trying to find a running partner, but had no solid takers as of yet. Then I checked the site again this evening and saw it at 99%... I panicked and took no more chances! So I am all registered and will be running solo.

As for resorts, I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either BC or Poly... I stayed at the BC a couple years back when my oldest ran the 5k with me during Marathon Weekend... my boys absolutely love the pool there, and it really did work out great being able to walk back to the resort with him. I have always stayed on the monorail for the PHM and love it. I am extremely biased though because I have a serious love affair with all things monorail resort related... LOL. I have vivid memories of going to WDW as a child and always staying at the Poly (my personal fave), or the CR. I am a DVC member and for most of my runs I stayed at BLT, but this time I will be in the new VGF... booked my room this morning before I even registered for the run, so now that everything is in place I am super excited. Let the training begin!!!

Just wanted to say hello! I registered yesterday and guess I barely made it in! Lol... This will be my 2nd Princess Half (did it in 2011) but will be the 1st time for my two friends . We are all super excited and am looking forward to attempting to catch up on this thread!

There are two groups I found that are for PHM 2014 but I requested to join over a day ago and not been accepted to either yet!

Theres also a runDisney group on Fb that my friend added me to which is VERY active but it incorporates chat for ALL Run Disney events amongst other events that Run Disney participants are doing! :)

Active showed phm full last night. That's crazy fast. I wonder if they really cut down on entries this year.

Here is my fb group. 2014 Disney Princess half marathon: https://www.facebook.com/groups/548211811868612/ There are some other ones too, I didn't find them till after I created a group. It is a "small" group 150+ people but growing. No spam and drama as of yet and crossing fingers.

ETA: this is a closed group so all your family and friends don't have to read all your Disney or running posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter