Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My response from and email to RunDisney:

Hello April,

Thank you for your message, we are aware of the situation and these
registrations will not be accepted. They will need to register again
when registration opens officially.

Early registration will still take place on June 6.

We currently do not have 10K or a challenge for Disney's Tinkerbell Half
Marathon Weekend.

The combination Princess and Tink registraion requires you to atleast
register for the Princess Half Marathon (if you choose to register for
the Glass Slipper Challenge that will work too) and you will have the
availability to register for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon as well.

Thank you,
runDisney

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Question(s):
Looks like Active had a programming error and opened up the Princess,
GSC & Tink registrations for a long time today and lots of ladies took
the opportunity to register. I have too much "Girl Scout" in me to do
that (use a back-door registration that was clearly a mistake) and chose
not to, but now I'm worried all the early registration slots will be
taken when AP early registration opens on June 6. I am hoping to be
able to get into GSC and Tink (and the Tink 10k and/or any possible
combo half/10k challenge offered with Tink). Can you please let me know
what the status is on this situation? Will AP early registration still
be available on June 6? Is there a Tink Half/10K challenge similar to
DDD or GSC and if so, will that combo be open for early registration
along with the Princess Half on June 6? Thanks so much for all that you
do, I <3 RunDisney races!

My response from and email to RunDisney

Great response and customer service! Now, active needs to close the loophole that anyone can use the DVC & AP early registration link. I really don't think it's too difficult to simply have to enter a member number. At least with Disney Visa, you enter the last 4 of your CC.

Fantastic, SuperHappyFunTimes! Thanks for writing that email and thanks for sharing the results!

Hi everyone I am brand new here and have a billion questions but right now just a few :)

Will be running as a team in the Princess 1/2, when it comes to registering how do we do this? We'd be paying seperately so should one register both people's info and then pay (and get reimbursed by the other...not a great option ?) or is there a way to register and pay seperately and note somewhere as a team and with whom ?

Thanks and so happy to be here and YES emilyindisney I AM pumped !!

Ruthie

Hi everyone I am brand new here and have a billion questions but right now just a few :)

Will be running as a team in the Princess 1/2, when it comes to registering how do we do this? We'd be paying seperately so should one register both people's info and then pay (and get reimbursed by the other...not a great option ?) or is there a way to register and pay seperately and note somewhere as a team and with whom ?

Thanks and so happy to be here and YES emilyindisney I AM pumped !!

Ruthie

welcome :)

I've only registered for one runDisney event as a team in the past and I don't recall any option to register separately and then denote that you are a team. I believe you must register one time as a team and pay they team registration fee as a whole.

Random question...what does everyone carry their stuff in when they run? I have a SPIbelt, which I do like, but all it really holds is my phone. Once my runs start getting longer, I will need to carry more. Any thoughts?

I love my Sparkle Tech skirt from SparkleSkirts.com!!! There is a pocket in the waistband that holds my phone and then I put my Cliff Shots in the pockets on the shorts.

welcome :)

I've only registered for one runDisney event as a team in the past and I don't recall any option to register separately and then denote that you are a team. I believe you must register one time as a team and pay they team registration fee as a whole.

According to the race description, it says register separately and then a team can be formed later for a charge of $15.

That being said, I'd be open to joining a team with someone, creating a co-ed team. I'm looking at a 1:45 finish team or less.

Joining in on this thread! I've been on the GSC thread for a while but just realized Ive been missing out on this one. I ran the Princess Half this past Feb and it was THE most fantastic experience. I will never forget it! I'm so excited to take on the Glass Slipper Challenge this time around! princess:

According to the race description, it says register separately and then a team can be formed later for a charge of $15.

That being said, I'd be open to joining a team with someone, creating a co-ed team. I'm looking at a 1:45 finish team or less.

Interesting! I think this is a new way to register as a team.

Thanks for helping me with this info ! :woohoo:

I am still waiting to hear if there will be early registration for Disney Visa Card holders...are they trying to kill me? :P

I am still waiting to hear if there will be early registration for Disney Visa Card holders...are they trying to kill me? :P

Me too! I really want to have a chance to pay gobs of money to put myself through torture for months training so I can run 19.3 miles in 2 days. :) but at least I will get some cool bling. I keep checking the visa website. Still nothing.

Wow! Danhockey! That's awesome running!

SuperHappyFunTimes said:
My response from and email to RunDisney:

Hello April,

Thank you for your message, we are aware of the situation and these
registrations will not be accepted. They will need to register again
when registration opens officially.

Early registration will still take place on June 6.

We currently do not have 10K or a challenge for Disney's Tinkerbell Half
Marathon Weekend.

The combination Princess and Tink registraion requires you to atleast
register for the Princess Half Marathon (if you choose to register for
the Glass Slipper Challenge that will work too) and you will have the
availability to register for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon as well.

Thank you,
runDisney

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
!

Great news except for no challenge or 10k for Tink. Although the response does say "we CURRENTLY do not have a challenge or 10k."

Can we hope that's just because it hasn't been announced, not that "we WILL NOT have a challenge"? Lol

I can't decide if I should do the 2014 PHM. I am not a runner but an intervaler (is that a word?). I completed the 2013 PHM which was not just my first half but my first race period and I really struggled. My training hadn't gone very well with injury, illness, illness again & then finally a week and a half before the race another injury. :headache: Put the heat/humidity on top of it & I was a mess.
So do I try to redeem myself and go for it again? I'm the only one that thinks I need to prove anything but I want to do it right this time and since I know more I should be able to enjoy myself a little. Maybe. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter