Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I think it'll sell out long before then. Keep an eye on the percentage registered on runDisney and act when it gets to 90% or risk missing out!

Thanks, Thats what I was afraid of. I will watch it for her and warn her if its getting close. I notice the price goes up the 21st of August. That should make her want to register a touch sooner at least...

I think I know the answer to this, but can someone with a DL AP register early for this race, even though it is at WDW?

Anyone else notice that the Events page has race retreat at $99 but the Registration page has it at $120....:confused3

Sigh...I wish runDisney would do a better job with the web stuff. I'd be happy to go work for them and take this over :surfweb:

I noticed that too. Seems like in addition to the inordinate amount of time it has been taking to get info up on the site, there have also been LOTS of incorrect info/typos...

I'd also like to point out that the corralling for men has changed again. They have once again allowing men to start in corral B from what is stated. Glad to see this change made, as I can start in front of B and not have an issue with slower runners.

Yes, men and women can start the race together provided they qualify for the same start corral. The only exception is the first corral which will be reserved for our elite and faster female runners.

Last year, it did state, the first two corrals were reserved. This is a huge improvement if held to, and with smaller corrals, the time issue of similar paces should be no issue then.

Cindy,

Try kohl's if you have a store there or kohl's.com. Believe Fila had some none colors

Lori
If you live in Midwest Meijer has some neon colors and they are on sale this week. I found some neon at walmart also.

If you live in Midwest Meijer has some neon colors and they are on sale this week. I found some neon at walmart also.

Thanks ladies. I live in SE Fla, so no Meijer. Will be going to Kohls on Saturday. Fingers crossed. Walmart had every neon color except green.

Am I reading the new info correctly? No stroller division for the Cinderella 5k?

I don't think there are any stroller divisions remaining. The word on the WDW Marathon thread was there were numerous issues last year. I wasn't there this year so I'm not really sure what happened.

I think I know the answer to this, but can someone with a DL AP register early for this race, even though it is at WDW?

Here's the deal. Unless something changes between the WDW marathon weekend registration process and princess, anyone with the link can register early AP holder or not. I saw the early AP registration link all over running blogs, FB, and twitter when I registered for the Dopey. Both Disney Visa and DVC required verification codes but this was b/c there was a discount applied.

I don't think there are any stroller divisions remaining. The word on the WDW Marathon thread was there were numerous issues last year. I wasn't there this year so I'm not really sure what happened.

I don't know about the 5k, but in the Gate River Run 15k this year, there was a lady running with a double stroller. Insane and not really a good idea, especially in a big race. I have no idea how she managed it!

SuperHappyFunTimes said:
I don't know about the 5k, but in the Gate River Run 15k this year, there was a lady running with a double stroller. Insane and not really a good idea, especially in a big race. I have no idea how she managed it!

If she was busted she'd be banned from future GRR. They use to allow stollers and I was so bummed when I found out you couldn't run with one anymore. I can't stand how crowded the GRR finish area is. I always jump the fence. Can't imagine how someone with a stroller made it through.

Oh and I was strictly talking about rundisney events banning stollers in the 5k. There are loads of stroller friendly races.

Are you in Jax? Are you involved with any of the running groups.

so alot of stuff has happened in the last week and ive looked at my finances and 2014 just isnt looking like its going to happen but im still planing on sticking around here cause im going to kick @$$ in 2015 !!!!

Is it just me or what- i just saw on Run Disney that the 5K is Friday. When did that change? Not sure if I can take that time off now :(

I emailed RD about this a couple of weeks ago, and yes AP early registration is available for all AP holders no matter the coast. You do need to register at the My Disney Experience Site (sorry I don't have enough posts to post a link). Then you will have access to the registration. The Disneyland AP site is not up to par with it, and the online cast members are no help with it.

I emailed RD about this a couple of weeks ago, and yes AP early registration is available for all AP holders no matter the coast. You do need to register at the My Disney Experience Site (sorry I don't have enough posts to post a link). Then you will have access to the registration. The Disneyland AP site is not up to par with it, and the online cast members are no help with it.

I received the same info from Disney AP. I did go to the My Disney Experience. But for DL AP no such link exists. They suggest I try calling RD.

If she was busted she'd be banned from future GRR. They use to allow stollers and I was so bummed when I found out you couldn't run with one anymore. I can't stand how crowded the GRR finish area is. I always jump the fence. Can't imagine how someone with a stroller made it through.

Oh and I was strictly talking about rundisney events banning stollers in the 5k. There are loads of stroller friendly races.

Are you in Jax? Are you involved with any of the running groups.

I saw a handful of people running with strollers at GRR this year too...some if those people really plow through the crowds and it can be scary!
I'm in Jax myself too :)

Has anyone done space coast half marathon? I registered and was hoping to use the time from it for the PHM. The space coast race is the same day that Disney is requiring you to turn in your time. Not sure when they give you the official time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter