Calling all Princesses! (2014 Princess half marathon board)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I correct in thinking only activated APs get the AP early registration opportunity?

McDuck said:
Am I correct in thinking only activated APs get the AP early registration opportunity?

Not sure about this. For the WDW marathon weekend, you only need the link for early registration not a passholder #. Disney Visa usually has early registration too.

I have a question for all you pros out there. I am a beginning runner. Literally I am just starting the C25K program. LOL So am I crazy to think I can do the 10K AND the Half in February? Or do you think I have plenty of time?

Also, after those races, will I be able to even move on Monday? I figured we'd check out on Monday but a friend of mine told me I was crazy and that I'd need that day to recover.

Is it really that bad?

I have a question for all you pros out there. I am a beginning runner. Literally I am just starting the C25K program. LOL So am I crazy to think I can do the 10K AND the Half in February? Or do you think I have plenty of time?

Also, after those races, will I be able to even move on Monday? I figured we'd check out on Monday but a friend of mine told me I was crazy and that I'd need that day to recover.

Is it really that bad?

Commit to the training and you can totally do it! As far as checking out Monday, you should be fine. Keep yourself moving on Sunday after the race as much and for as long as you can to stay loose and you'll be so much less sore on Monday that you'd be if you plopped down for too long after the race. Also I swear by compression sleeves...I wear them on my calves after the race for the whole day, sometimes even sleep in them too and I have no soreness at all in the calves the next day...it's magic :)

add in some stretching and a little pool or hot tub and you will be fine. I have yet to use compression sleeves. I just might try them out in a couple of weeks when I run a half.
This past weekend was my last long run :cool1: till race and I was a little achy but didn't stop me from going out for a few too many drinks at my neighbors :rolleyes1 Hydrate don't dehydrate.

I also believe in compression and hot tub for me. Walk the parks (slowly) on Sunday and Monday I feel good!

Count me in on the compression sleeve believers. I've worn them in three 1/2 marathons and they work for me. I've run 3 1/2 marathons that I've had to travel home within a few hours of the finish and had no problems. The one I ran Saturday I was able to travel the next day and it was nice to have the recovery time. Post race recovery nutrition is important too.

Me too! Love compression sleeves. I wore compression socks during the 1/2 of the Goofy and compression sleeves after the 1/2 and full. I was out dancing Sunday night. I also am a huge believer in endurox for post-race recovery.

Not sure about this. For the WDW marathon weekend, you only need the link for early registration not a passholder #. Disney Visa usually has early registration too.

Did you need your pass number at all? I just renewed my pass so I got one of the new ones that are a different system. I can't register it online because the system doesn't accept the new passes yet. I want to register early for GSC but I'm afraid this new pass is going to mess me up.

Thanks! :goodvibes This was the first year I've run this race and all the information from this forum has been super-helpful! :thumbsup2 It's been great to hear everyones' experiences, too, since we've returned. I saved my photos from the race in a summary file here in case others are interested, as well. Happy running! princess:

Thanks for posting this. I was tearing up looking at the pictures of the race/finish line. I can't wait! This will be my first. :cool1:

Thanks!

So compression sleeves huh? I'll have to look into those.

I'm so ready to do this.

Thanks! :goodvibes This was the first year I've run this race and all the information from this forum has been super-helpful! :thumbsup2 It's been great to hear everyones' experiences, too, since we've returned. I saved my photos from the race in a summary file here in case others are interested, as well. Happy running! princess:

Thank you sooo much! That was awesome. I was on the fence about staying at CS, I think this sealed the deal for me. Loved all the pictures!

Did you need your pass number at all? I just renewed my pass so I got one of the new ones that are a different system. I can't register it online because the system doesn't accept the new passes yet. I want to register early for GSC but I'm afraid this new pass is going to mess me up.

I never need a pass number for early registration for the January weekend.

Hi! Can I join?

I'm going to do the Princess half for 2014! I'm so excited. I just started my 5K training program and I'm determined to do it. I've never run before, but this is something I've always wanted to do.

Welcome! I'm a new runner myself (started in March) and am running my first 5K on 5/18. :cool1:

The PHM is my motivation as well. You can do it! I'm already amazed at what I'm capable of.

Welcome! I'm a new runner myself (started in March) and am running my first 5K on 5/18. :cool1:

The PHM is my motivation as well. You can do it! I'm already amazed at what I'm capable of.

I am amazed at what I am capable of too. I did my first 10k a few weeks ago, I am going to do another 10k with my dd on May 18th. I ran 7 miles for the first time in a training run last Sunday and I felt fine afterwards. (I finally realized that I need to drink lots of water throughout the day after a long run to avoid a bad headache.)

I think that it clicked for me when I realized that I can keep doing my run, walk, run method. I had never heard of Jeff Galloway until a few months ago, but I was basically already doing what he advises on my own. I think that finding the "Galloway plan" has legitimized what I do, at least in my mind, and has given me a push that I can do this!

I am super excited because I think I talked my full marathon running bff into running the 1/2 with me! Girls weekend at WDW :cool1:

I really want to do the Coast to Coast and Glass Slipper, but I don't know if I can financially or physically! Glad I have a little time to think.
I'd love to do the Glass Slipper but $ and strength might prohibit :confused3

I think that finding the "Galloway plan" has legitimized what I do, at least in my mind, and has given me a push that I can do this!

For me too. I'm "old" in a runners world I think. I've never run at all before training for the 5K on Disney Marathon Weekend this past Jan. I started Jan 2012 to train for that. Most ppl would laugh at that I think but I was able to do the 5K in under 39min and then another 5K on Castaway Cay. Now remember I was the definition of Couch Potato prior and weighed 100 lbs more. I have no excuse except age at this point. BUT I'm so slow, not that I mind but I worry about being last and about getting picked up off the course and not allowed to finish :( That would be soooo sad. That said I think I've been training too hard, (still have sore hips from my last 4mi run 2 days ago). I have to be confident enough to let myself slow down a bit in both intensity and speed. So I'm going from a 3:1 run ratio down to a 2:1 this week and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter