Calling all POFQ Experts!

somagical

Earning My Ears
Hi there - DH and I are staying at POFQ for the first time in September and plan on using the pool at POR one or some of the days. Can someone recommend the building best situated to take the walk over to POR? I know POFQ is quite small and there is no "bad" location, but I assume there is some kind of path to POR from POFQ. Thanks in advance for you help!

Building 7 would be the closest.. but it is such a small resort, that being in building 7 isn't going to save you too much walking distance. I'd request 5, 6 or 7.... 5 to be close to everything at POFQ, and still not too far from POR. 1 and 2 would be furthest from POR.
We've taken the walk over before. it's a decent walk, but is a nice, pretty walk if you have some time. Maybe take you 10 minutes to walk it I'd say building 6 of POFQ to POR's pool. It's like walking 2/3rd of the way around the World Showcase at Epcot is my guesstimate when comparing to two distances on a map.

Maybe take a nice walk over... and then on way back take the boat back to POFQ. Could always take a bus over... others can correct me if I'm wrong.. but buses will pick up at POFQ and then head to POR to pick up too. can always ask the bus driver before getting on if he's planning on heading to POR.

oh, and yes, there is a path the follows alongside the river... is a very nice walk!

just make sure to ask about the bus going to por or not from pofq. we've stayed at pofq 4 times, the last two times being nov/dec of 09 and 10 and on these two trip only one time returning at the very end of emh at mk did we share a bus with por. the first two stays we had there in earlier years we shared the bus route with por each trip to/from parks.

Building 2 is closest to the boat and the boat ride over there is much nicer than walking when it's hot--there's not much shade along the walking path from what I remember. We walked it once and my kids were cranky butts about halfway through the walk back. After that, we took the boat every time. :)

Here is a link to the map of both resorts.

As PP's stated, while building no. 7 is the closest, POFQ is such a small resort, any building will be close. It is also nice to take the boat over; it starts running at 10:00 am and stops at 11:00 pm. After 4 p.m., they run constantly. Buildings no. 2 and 5 are closest to the dock.

http://allears.net/acc/portorleansmap.jpg

We stayed in building 2 a couple weeks ago. We were on the ground level actually facing the pool area. There was a gate to the pool right across from our rooms and the boat dock was right next to our building which was very convienant. Like it has been said, none of the buildings would propose a very long walk to the pool since POFQ isn't too big.

The POFQ building doesn't matter. It is a very compact resort. You'll see. Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter