• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all October 25, 2012 Dream 3 day cruisers!

Ok - I have finally started gathering the info for the FE list and put what I have into an Excel spreadsheet. :)

If I need more info from those who have already said they wanted to join, I have PM'd you.

Anyone else who decides to join us, please give me your cabin number and names (with ages for children) and any special celebrations and I will add you as well. :cool1:
We are also celebrating my sons 5th birthday.
Hi, yes I am sailing the Dream. I would love to participate in the FE. My cabin is 8582.
Names are Lequita - age 31 and Andrew - age 4.

I know where you are coming from! We spent an entire day visiting resorts planning where to stay and have our wedding. If you are ending the week with the cruise, then you can't go wrong.

As for resorts, it really depends on your style.
My very favorite is Yacht Club. Upscale yet relaxing. Great location for Epcot.
GF is a little snooty for our taste.
Poly is very retro. It is as much about retro as polyneasian for me.
We also love, Bay Lake Tower @ Contemporary, but I am not sure that I would want to stay in the main building.
AKL....my husband doesn't really like AKL because it is so far from the action. We did club level there once, which was nice and probably the only way we would stay there again.

Overall, they all are equally nice. I think the biggest consideration is what you want in theaming. What park do you plan to visit the most? Monorail resorts have that as a plus for visiting MK. You can also watch the MK fireworks from GF, Poly and Contemp. We also have our favorite restraunts and try to minimize trekking across the world.

Great input, thank you so much!!! but.... We were able to use our timeshare (RCI) to book our hotel, which saved us $$$ but the only choice in hotels was Old Key West. I have never stayed there - honestly I have never even wanted to stay there, but we figured it's still a deluxe resort, so it will still be nice - right? We are staying in a studio. Also, we had to change our dates a little, so we will now be starting the honeymoon with the cruise and ending with a Disney World stay. The upside of the date change is that we are staying for one extra night at OKW and it literally cost us less than half of what we were anticipating to pay for the hotel. The downside is that it wasn't on the top of our list for hotels. Any reviews?

Great input, thank you so much!!! but.... We were able to use our timeshare (RCI) to book our hotel, which saved us $$$ but the only choice in hotels was Old Key West. I have never stayed there - honestly I have never even wanted to stay there, but we figured it's still a deluxe resort, so it will still be nice - right? We are staying in a studio. Also, we had to change our dates a little, so we will now be starting the honeymoon with the cruise and ending with a Disney World stay. The upside of the date change is that we are staying for one extra night at OKW and it literally cost us less than half of what we were anticipating to pay for the hotel. The downside is that it wasn't on the top of our list for hotels. Any reviews?

We have stayed there once. We also switched to this resort pre cruise- less points to use. It's not our favorite resort- to many bus stops. We wouldn't stay there for a long period of time- 2 or 3 nights is about all we would stay, BUT that is just our opinion. Our boys didn't care for the pool. We actually used one of the smaller pools, by one of the laundry buildings more. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, just not one we would stay at for a week.

OKW is nice and the rooms are HUGE in comparison to other resorts. The resort is large and much more enjoyable if you have a car. They have a nice little counter service place, but it is a trek if you are in an outer building. I enjoy the laid back feel of OKW. As mgroshans said, the pool is not a favorite, but I think since you did an RCi exchange for DVC that you can pool hop over to SSR. (you will have to confirm that).

OKW is nice and the rooms are HUGE in comparison to other resorts. The resort is large and much more enjoyable if you have a car. They have a nice little counter service place, but it is a trek if you are in an outer building. I enjoy the laid back feel of OKW. As mgroshans said, the pool is not a favorite, but I think since you did an RCi exchange for DVC that you can pool hop over to SSR. (you will have to confirm that).

I'm glad the rooms are bigger, we are just in a studio and the floor plan looks small to me so thanks for the reassurance! We spend most of our time in the parks anyway, so I am not sure why I am stressing about this - I just need to keep reminding myself that the price was right, which is important since we are paying for the whole wedding and honeymoon by ourselves! And I like to try Disney resorts I haven't stayed at - I am sure I will love it!

:thumbsup2

Since I booked my cruise at the beginning of the year I've been so excited about going. I had a plan to pay at least $300 monthly towards the payment. But low and behold if something CAN go wrong it will go wrong. Just venting....but 1 year after getting my transmission replaced it breaks down again. I bought a lifetime warranty. After battling with AAMCO they fixed it. It took them a month. I had to rent a car for 4 weeks. The cost was over $1k. That was my Disney Cruise money. I'm not going to let that get me down. I'm still going if the Creek Don't Rise :D Reading the post here reassures me that no matter the sacrifice me and my son are going on the Disney Boat. I think I tell someone at least once a week! It could be a cashier at a grocery store. I look forward to meeting all of y'all. I'm still earning my ears and learning! :cheer2:

Saturday I went with DH over the ADR's and Tours at WDW we will do before the cruise and it wasn´t possible not to tell him about the cruise.
He was sooo happy:yay::yay::yay:
So we are now looking forward the cruise together:cheer2:

So, I got bored last night. Stayed up way past my bedtime and was looking at door magnets, mickey ears, port holes, name fills. There are some great threads here. I think I'm getting addicted. Someone stop me now! :worship:

Since I booked my cruise at the beginning of the year I've been so excited about going. I had a plan to pay at least $300 monthly towards the payment. But low and behold if something CAN go wrong it will go wrong. Just venting....but 1 year after getting my transmission replaced it breaks down again. I bought a lifetime warranty. After battling with AAMCO they fixed it. It took them a month. I had to rent a car for 4 weeks. The cost was over $1k. That was my Disney Cruise money. I'm not going to let that get me down. I'm still going if the Creek Don't Rise :D Reading the post here reassures me that no matter the sacrifice me and my son are going on the Disney Boat. I think I tell someone at least once a week! It could be a cashier at a grocery store. I look forward to meeting all of y'all. I'm still earning my ears and learning! :cheer2:

QuiQui - be strong! It seems that when it rains it pours, better to get the bad stuff out of the way now so you can focus on saving and planning your cruise with your son! You are going to have such an amazing time and once you get on that boat it will all be worth it! Keep your chin up girl! :hug:

only 182 days to go!

6 months from today!! Anyone be interested in starting a private Facebook group for this sailing? There was one for our cruise we went on in February and it was a lot of fun. It actually was more active than the DIS thread.

6 months from today!! Anyone be interested in starting a private Facebook group for this sailing? There was one for our cruise we went on in February and it was a lot of fun. It actually was more active than the DIS thread.

I check my Facebook more than the board. I'm only on the board when I'm home on a slow night. But this is coming from a Facebook Addict :rolleyes1 who is always on the app through my phone! So.....Let's create it.

We are six months away :woohoo:

Thanks dzfitch....I appreciate the hugs. I'm trying to stay strong. Six months away and I haven't been able to make a dent in what I owe but I'm going to remain faithful and see it through.

QuiQui - be strong! It seems that when it rains it pours, better to get the bad stuff out of the way now so you can focus on saving and planning your cruise with your son! You are going to have such an amazing time and once you get on that boat it will all be worth it! Keep your chin up girl! :hug:

only 182 days to go!

Who wants to do it?? I will volunteer if no one else wants to.
Stay strong! Sending pixiedust:

Go for it! I'll be there when you create it.

Groups have been created!

Adults: "Disney Dream - October 25, 2012"

Kids 17 & under: "Dream Kids - October 25, 2012"

My FB name is Diana Banks Solomon

Please PM me either here or on Facebook with both your DIS and Facebook names and I will get you added.

Also, be sure to give me your family information if you're planning to participate in the FE!

Hi,

Firstly I am new to this, but have really enjoyed reading all your comments. We are hopefully booking tomorrow to go on this cruise and very excited. I'm not sure about some of the abbreviations being used, so please excuse me if I write anything out in full (maybe someone could kindly point me in the right direction). We (myself, hubbie & 17yr old daughter) are going to Orlando (3rd visit) on 13th October for 3 weeks, staying at a friends's villa. My daughter was looking through the teen thread on here and found a fantastic report from another teenage girl who went on the Dream. It sounded so great so we went online and now looks like we will be coming along on this cruise!!
We have been on a cruise before around the Med, but it wasn't that good due to suffering from seasickness & it wasn't that great a ship. I did say I would never go on a cruise again, but this sounds great & we love Disney.
Really sorry if I have written too much, but will confirm tomorrow if booking goes okay and really keen to joing Facebook page.
Thanks
Allie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter