Calling all May 17th, 2012 Dream cruisers!!

Welcome aboard may_baby06! glad to have you with us. We are leaving the kids home and are looking toward to some romance too. See you at the adult pool. :thumbsup2

Sounds like a number of kid-less cruisers (us too). Are there any meets planned? (I know it's a short trip, so it's hard to work something in.)

Sounds like a number of kid-less cruisers (us too). Are there any meets planned? (I know it's a short trip, so it's hard to work something in.)

We are kidless, too! :banana: They are staying home w/Gran!

No meet planned that I know of yet. But we'd be interested. DH and I usually get on the ship early and we are planning on going to the DVC members meeting from 2:30 - 3:30. Maybe we can meet up after that. Currents is on Deck 13. There is a sitting area right in front of it. I'm pretty sure kids are allowed in that area. We did our meet there on a prior cruise. It's close to the Sail Away Party, so folks could walk right over if they wanted. Someone had suggested cocktails one night too. We are up for any suggestions.

Personally, since we've seen the sail away show and don't have kids with us, we are skipping it. We'll be in the hot tub as we sail away. Look for a guy wearing an LSU hat with a happy chick holding a Bahama Mama! :woohoo: The next three weeks cannot possibly go fast enough!

TiggerAllie- I noticed you are doing the ToTTM. So are DH and I. You going to do the CC5K?

No meet planned that I know of yet. But we'd be interested. DH and I usually get on the ship early and we are planning on going to the DVC members meeting from 2:30 - 3:30. Maybe we can meet up after that. Currents is on Deck 13. There is a sitting area right in front of it. I'm pretty sure kids are allowed in that area. We did our meet there on a prior cruise. It's close to the Sail Away Party, so folks could walk right over if they wanted. Someone had suggested cocktails one night too. We are up for any suggestions.

Personally, since we've seen the sail away show and don't have kids with us, we are skipping it. We'll be in the hot tub as we sail away. Look for a guy wearing an LSU hat with a happy chick holding a Bahama Mama! :woohoo: The next three weeks cannot possibly go fast enough!

TiggerAllie- I noticed you are doing the ToTTM. So are DH and I. You going to do the CC5K?

Jenifred: We are doing the ToTTM, and the plan is to do the CC5K. Last time they had us meet on CC, but it sounds like now they are meeting on the ship. Not sure what I'm going to do about our stuff, as I'd like to not go back to the ship after the race. (Last time we had a cabana post-5K :cloud9:, no such spoiling this trip. :rolleyes:)

Re: Currents as a meeting place, we a meet there last cruise and there is no shade at all-- it can be really brutal on a hot (August) sunny day. If everyone is kid-less, I'd be happy to meet in the adult pool area. ;) We'll also be hanging out there and will probably hit the DVC members meeting. :thumbsup2

Can't wait!!

TiggerAllie - I read that there is a big tub or locker that you can put things in while you run. It's not locked but a CM watches it until you get back. I agree, it's not worth it to go back to the boat. DH and I are planning to bring our stuff with us and go straight to the beach after. I'm not taking anything of value with me, just in case. My pace is normally about a 9:20, but I think we are doing two alcohol tastings the day before. It will certainly be interesting to see what I do on the island. If you see me lying on the road, just drag me across the finish line! :rotfl:

Jenifred: If your pace is 9:20, we'll certainly be able to come along behind you if something should happen! Last August we did the CC5K in ~ 35 minutes (first time running 5K at the end of the Couch-to-5K running plan). Since then, we've done the Princess Half in Feburary. I'd say our place would be about 10, but I don't know with the heat/sun. I think the earlier they let us start the better! What tastings do you plan on doing? We're only going in to Nassau for a bit of shopping, so I'm planning to do some pool-lounging and Aqua-ducking on Friday. We do have Palo dinner on Fri, so that might make us a bit slow Saturday morning... :)

Assuming the schedule has not changed since our last cruise, we are planning on doing the mohito tasting and either the tequilla or mixology. We've done the mixology, tequilla and beer tastings in the past. All good experiences. A friend went on the Dream in February 2012 and said his mixology instructor let them make the drinks and did a whole different set than I had. So if the same guy is doing the tasting on our cruise, we'll be doing the mixology again. We'd love some company!

FYI - I have read on some threads that the tastings have been filling up. You can book them as soon as you board, so we usually book on the first day with guest services. GS can tell you what is avialable during teh cruise, even though the Navigators for Day 2 are not out yet.

Hey Everyone! I've been booked for awhile, but just got time to post about it! We will also be childless on this cruise! Well, unless you count me, I'm bringing my Mom for Mothers Day!! LOL I'm always up for a meet in the Adult Area! This will be our first trip on the Dream and cannot wait! :cool1:

We did tequila/margarita tasting on the Dream in August, which was really good. What do they do in the mixology one? DP isn't a fan of rum, so mojitos are probably out. I have a copy of navigators from this Feb, so I'll have to check them. Then again, since we are taking DCL transfers from WDW, we probably won't get to the ship very early, so we may not have much choice.

TiggerAllie - For the mixology class, it seems like every class is different. When I did it in Spetember, we were in the Skyline bar. We did a traditional martini, an old fashioned, two speciaty drinks from the ship's bars, and one drink the bartender just made up on the spot. My friend did it in February. It was at 687 with a different CM. They did a completely different set of drinks and learned how to do multi-colored shots. My class sat and watched, his class got behind the bar and poured. So it all depends. But in both classes, if you really did not like what the instructor was going to make, he offered to do something different for you for that round of drinks.

faithfullyeeyore - Welcome, Welcome!

Anyone else staring to feel like this...:hyper:

See yall soon.

Just got our VGT assignment today!! yay!! :yay: Makes this seem so much more real and closer now! Hoping to get to a meet while onboard and put some faces with dis names!

Yay! We are getting so close..can't wait! We would love to meet up with you all at some point. We are traveling with our kids, but they are older, so we could do an adult only thing. This is our first time on a Disney Cruise so we don't much about it....like where to meet and such. If someone plans it...we will do our best to show up. Otherwise, you will probably see my family running around the ship in our Michigan State stuff...since that is all my boys wear!

Good morning everyone. It is officially DEFCON 3 at the Fred house. We have an out-of-town graduation on Tuesday night. Disney on Ice on Thursday night. The house is mess. We have two weeks worth of laundry to put away. We are going out of town for Mother's Day weekend. I have not purchased any mother’s day presents yet. The tailor still has two of my cruise outfits. And we have NOTHING packed. :eek: When on earth am I supposed to have time to get everything done?!? I am in serious need of some pixiedust: and a Conch Cooller.

It sounds like a bunch of us are able to do an adult meet, but we do have some cruisers with younger kids. I don't want anyone to feel left out. So, I propose we go ahead with an adult meet between 4:15p and 5:00p on Thursday at the adult pool. There are chairs and a sofa next to the hot tub. We'll be in that area.

If there are any parents who want to do a meet with the kids, let us know. We can always plan another meet between first and second dinning or on another day.

DP and I will be bringing along our DS age 2 and have been checking here periodically to see if anyone else had children his age and wanted to meet up. But looks like the majority on our cruise thread is coming kid-less. Maybe we can put DS in It's a Small World and meet up with adults sometime :)

Anyone else watching this rain? I know I know...don't worry..but I worry :lol
I really want to do my FIRST 5k on Castaway! Look forward to meeting you all as well!

I looked up the weather and its saying rain all that weekend. :( I'm really hoping it changes! But I guess as long as we can dock and get off the boat we will do our best to enjoy it. It is vacation after all. Trying to keep a positive attitude.

Last time we went it, we had a similar forcast. It showered in the afternoon for about 20 minutes, but it didn't ruin the day. And there is a ton of fun stuff to do on the ship during an afternoon shower. Look at it this way, a rainy day on the Dream is better than a sunny day at work!:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what the second show is going to be? I know we will have Golden Mickey's and the farewell, but whats in the middle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter