Calling all May 17th, 2012 Dream cruisers!!

Have fun on your May 17 cruise! Unfortunately we are no longer going to be sailing with you because I will be having a baby in March and want a little bit more time in between.

Sorry that you won't be able to join us on this cruise. Its a very good reason to miss it though. Enjoy your new baby when he/she arrives.

I'm joining in! This will be the second cruise for us, but we haven't gone on the first yet. :lmao:

I'll be taking my Mom for a late Mother's Day gift. She wanted to be at home on the actual day.
Yep, we'll be brining our passports. We already have them so it won't be an extra expense. Must get off the boat to go on the Sea Lion excursion in Nassau!

Anybody else thinking about excursions yet?

I'm joining in! This will be the second cruise for us, but we haven't gone on the first yet. :lmao:

I'll be taking my Mom for a late Mother's Day gift. She wanted to be at home on the actual day.
Yep, we'll be brining our passports. We already have them so it won't be an extra expense. Must get off the boat to go on the Sea Lion excursion in Nassau!

Welcome! It looks like you are going to be having a fun year of traveling :)

We will only be doing some small excursions on Castaway Cay. Our family will be enjoying a day at Discovery Cove and Sea World in the days before, or after, our cruise.

We will only be doing some small excursions on Castaway Cay. Our family will be enjoying a day at Discovery Cove and Sea World in the days before, or after, our cruise.

Castaway Cay looks so amazing! I can't wait to snorkle and find all those cool statues :) Just looked up Discovery Cove, it looks amazing too! You guys are going to have such fun! :woohoo:

I've probably overdone it with the upcoming trips, but for the last few months I've been counting down to the March cruise, and it was just so far away I had to add the December trip. I'm finding I'm a lot less anxious now that something is three months away rather than six, and I've been counting down since nine months. I can't imagine how it feels to be counting down 400 plus days and not have something inbetween. I'm aware I spoil myself rotten, it's a problem :)

First of all - welcome from MD - we are originally from northern Baltimore County.

I've been looking over excursions to the dolphin greet but am concerned that we have to go in the excursion co's jetty for half an hour to another island to get to where the dolphins are. Don't do well on small boats. As for Nassau itself we were there 25 years ago and then 15 years ago and it has gone down hill considerably. Don't feel all that comfotable doing that sightseeing. So need to look further into the excursions.

Greetings fellow Marylander! I've heard that about Nassau, with all the cruises stopping there I'm surprised the government hasn't intervened to keep things clean and safe for everyone... Yeah, we definitely won't be doing anything on our own, I've heard people are even pestered when sitting on the beach. I like the safety of the excursions. We're going to do Atlantis on the March cruise, and I've always loved sea lions so I'm hoping it will work out for this one.

I have heard such fantastic reviews about the dolphin encounter. Isn't there one that's stationed on the Atlantis property? Would you have to travel in a boat for that? I'm sure a lot of people will want to stay on the boat for the Nassau day, but we're going to try and pack in as much excitement as we can.

Looks like we'll be joining you on the cruise!

Our cast of characters is my wife Mary and myself (our 3rd cruise) and our two favorite nieces, Caitlin and Brigid (their first cruise). Caitlin should be graduating from college a few days before the cruise, and her sister Brigid should be finishing her Sophomore year. We're not sure how we are going to surprise them with the cruise news - they think they are only getting a trip to WDW.

I don't know about FE on a 3 day cruise, but I'll be participating in FE on a 3 day cruise on the dream next month.

Looks like we'll be joining you on the cruise!

Our cast of characters is my wife Mary and myself (our 3rd cruise) and our two favorite nieces, Caitlin and Brigid (their first cruise). Caitlin should be graduating from college a few days before the cruise, and her sister Brigid should be finishing her Sophomore year. We're not sure how we are going to surprise them with the cruise news - they think they are only getting a trip to WDW.

I don't know about FE on a 3 day cruise, but I'll be participating in FE on a 3 day cruise on the dream next month.

welcomw!

Hey everyone - maybe we can meet for a fish extender cocktail the first night?
What do you think??

giving our little thread a boost here.

hoping it will attract the eyes of a few more Dis'ers going on our dates.....

I have an obsession of checking to see how many cabins are left, every few days I look. I'm hoping more people will come along for the adventure, there are so many categories still available. I know it's still a long ways off, they've still got time.

I'm trying to convince myself to spend a night at WDW when we get back, but the whole point of this cruise was that it would be a quick weekend trip :rolleyes1 I'm about 95% sure I'll book something :)

We are in!
My kids are so excited. I guess this is my mother's day trip for myself! We are spending Sun-Thurs at Disney and then jumping on the Dream. I will have a 10 yr old DD, a 8yr old DS, and a 5 yr old DS, a 24 yr old Brother and a 36 yr old DH :grin This is our first cruise!
I keep going back and forth with the passports. My youngest has Asthma and just in case, I'm going to go ahead and get them for all of us.
I'm not planning on doing the FE's this time around, but I did want to decorate up the door of our staterooms. As far as excursions, I'm thinking we're gonna stay put in Nassau and just chill around the ship. I guess I'm boring because Castaway, all I can think about is my toes in the sand!!

Welcome!!! It's best to have a passport just in case. And you can also get them stamped for the kids which will be a nice memory.

We are in!
My kids are so excited. I guess this is my mother's day trip for myself! We are spending Sun-Thurs at Disney and then jumping on the Dream. I will have a 10 yr old DD, a 8yr old DS, and a 5 yr old DS, a 24 yr old Brother and a 36 yr old DH :grin This is our first cruise!
I keep going back and forth with the passports. My youngest has Asthma and just in case, I'm going to go ahead and get them for all of us.
I'm not planning on doing the FE's this time around, but I did want to decorate up the door of our staterooms. As far as excursions, I'm thinking we're gonna stay put in Nassau and just chill around the ship. I guess I'm boring because Castaway, all I can think about is my toes in the sand!!

Welcome aboard! We look forward to cruising with you!

I changed my email and have not been getting the notifications about posts on the board. Looks like there are a lot of new families joining! HOORAY!

Someone mentioned getting together for a drink during the cruise? I think that would be fun! Anyone else up for that?

Also, for you veteran cruisers....do you think it would be okay for my sons (aged 12 and 9) to wear nice shorts in the dining rooms, instead of dress pants? I have heard it will probably be fine, but what are your thoughts? Also, any tips that we should know, since we are first timers?!

DH and I will be on this cruise with another couple we met on a prior cruise.

If there are any runners out there, they do a 5K on Castaway. It's informal but fun!

Look forward to meeting everyone.

HI everybody!

I will be joining you all on this cruise. My mom (53) and I (28) go on a cruise every year for Mother's Day, although we have never actually been on Mother's Day. It's usually before or after. This year we chose the Dream! We're incredibly excited :)

I am leaving DH at home for the Mother's Day trip, as usual. I figured it will be a good way to get myself in the Castaway Club before I have children. That way, when I do have kids, we get some past guest perks ;)

I'm interested in the secrets of Disney Cruise Line and I'm hoping to find out a bunch of new stuff on these boards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter