Calling all June travelers

We've gone several times in June and will be back this year, June 20-27. Be sure to use sunblock and hats, drink plenty of water, and invest in the misty fans. You might also want to tie a bandana around the strap of your bag or something. You can wet it in a fountain and use it on your face and neck to cool down. There are lots of spots in the park where you can get misted with cool water - take advantage of them to help with the heat. If your doing counter service meals, eat at off times to avoid the crowds. Staying hydrated is key - if anyone in your group doesn't care for the taste of the tap water at Disney, take the powdered drink packets to flavor it. That's all I can think of for now. Hope it helps.:)

We are also June 20-27 and are staying at the Beach Club.

I've done June before and it was HOT, HUMID, and CROWDED.

We are there June 9-16th!! We leave 4 weeks from tomorrow! We can't wait and anticipate HEAT. But we are from central Texas, so we are used to it. I actually am looking forward to a daily afternoon rain shower (not lightning ;-)!

We will be at the Beach Club!:cloud9:

We'll be going June 8th-12th! Only spending one day or 2 at disney & the others at Universal, IOA, & City Walk !!! So excited !!! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

June 7-13 for us at BWV and then off to Sanibel Island for a slower paced 2nd week.

Tip: Follow the plans to make sure you get to do whatever is at the top of your priority list but be sure to allow some time to just relax and enjoy the experience. Sometimes one has to just enjoy Disney like a kid would do.....follow a path just to see where it leads, walk through a fountain, stop and check out something little that catches your attention. The highlights of our trips have ALWAYS occurred during those laid back, just hanging out moments.

DH and I are headed down June 6-June 13th. It will be our first visit to VWL and our first trip in the busy season. We normally go off season. DD is graduating from hs this year so I guess we will have to go during her school breaks mostly. We are also going Dec 18-25th so this will be a test run during busy times. However, hot and busy at WDW is better than hot and working at home. :goodvibes We plan to purchase an AP with the discount and may end up only going during EMH and the following couple of hours if it is too busy. DH is not a Disney person and we have 3-4 visits planned in the next 12 months if we get an AP. We plan to go golfing (might pass out from the heat):rotfl: We also plan to check out the resorts and spend time in the pool if it is too hot and crowded. Debby

Our trip with the foster kids June 13 to June 20. I can't wait. I am going with the kids cub scouts group bus trip. I am so happy I don't drive this year.:worship::worship::worship::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

going to be there june 24-july 1. can't wait! :banana: all of our other trips have been during this time so we know nothing different than the heat and the crowds. we just are sure to carry plenty of water with us and having the mist fans help a lot. ponchos are also a must. we have really never had a problem being able to see everything but using fastpass is critical.

June 21-29 at CBR and our first time ever in the June heat. I'm a little scared :eek:

Previous trips have always been either March or December, and we're from Canada. We know what August humidity is like here, but I'm kinda thinking we're in for a bit of a slap.

We are going the same time as you, the 22nd to the 29th, staying at Pop Century...we are Canadian too...Niagara Falls to be exact!!! Yep, just a little wary of the heat...but considering how much complaining we do about the cold in the winter, we will bravely face the heat for Mickey!!!!:yay:

We'll be at the Yacht Club June 6-13, then moving over to Coronado Springs June 13-20!!! We're so excited - its our first time staying at Yacht Club!

We've been several times during June and July - its hot and crowded - but totally can be done! We've always had a great time!!!

We'll be going 6/16-6/23 staying at ASMo's - our 2nd trip to WDW, first time on property though. Yes, we are excited, very much so....we've been planning since November 2008. Have checklists, customized maps, binder, (almost going to start packing), disney dollars, spending money, documents, etc.

I have a coundown ticker at work...so I have a daily reminder, plus a desk calendar with the days crossed off.

It's the anticipation of knowing it's almost here and everytime I post on the boards...my countdown ticker reminds me how many days .......:goodvibes

June 16-24 @ CBR, Pirate room

Me, DW, DD#2, DGD (2yo, first trip)

Can't wait! We're so excited!

My family will be at POR 6/2 :cheer2: - 6/10 leave:sad1:
Expecting it to be hot. Not sure on rain that time of month.
Have only 2 ADR's. Will find places to eat that won't be a problem.

June 9-13 here at the Yacht club! So excited!!!!

Planning on spending most of our time at DS and MK.

June 13-20 at Beach Club, then 20-23 at Doubletree. Never been during summer vacation before. We have definitely not been early risers before, but we're going to try some early days this trip, followed by some afternoons at the pool. I'm glad to go when the kids don't have makeup work to contend with for a change!

We have been to WDW twice before in June. We tend to leave right after school gets out. This year we are staying at Kidani Village for 5 nights and then at SSR for 4 nights. This is our first trip on property and our first as DVC members. I can not wait to get to Kidani Village.
Our other trips were great - used touring plans very closely and they worked great. I am debating RideMax vs Touring Plans this time. Can' wait!!

Wow!! Great responses - Keep them coming. It was so fun to open up DIS and have 30+ responses to read from my post! YIPPEE!!:banana::banana::banana:

We are staying off WDW for 7 nights, moving to Swan for 1 night and then off to BCV for 3 nights. I know alot of moving,but we had a time share to use and an open night between stays.

Any off site ideas besides getting there at RD?

I can handle heat and crowds- as long as they are nice crowds!:hippie:

Thanks!:wizard:

I'm so excited!! I was a lucky LMT winner and got June 12-19 FREE @ POP. We were planning to be there anyway but getting it free helped talk dh into AP's this year! It's been driving me nuts to have the vouchers on my desk, but not allowing myself to go yet. DH, and both our sons all share June 13th birthday. Our oldest went to MK for his first birthday, so I don't want the baby there until his first bday either. (Gotta keep things as even as I can!)

We live down here so heat & humidity is part of life. I'm not worried about that. I just make sure everyone has lots of water and plenty of break time. We did our honeymoon during spring break crowds :scared1: so I think we can pull another June trip okay as far as that goes!

I cannot wait until June!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter