Calling all January 2011 POP'pers!!!

In just 87 days we'll be at Pop! Arriving early on the 11th, playing till the 17th. Dear friends have just made reservations for the same dates.

I arrive the day before you both do so i will get the party started :cool1:

Just purchased our airline tickets :woohoo: or maybe its:scared1: since i have never flown, we usually take the train.

now all i have to do is keep this a secert till christmas morning

Hi!! I think we may be in for Jan 2011 at POP! It's been almost 2 yrs since our last trip. We tried CBR when they had the discounts plus $200 GC...ready to go back to POP, CBR just wasn't home! :confused3

Just started talking about the idea a few days ago, now I think we may Just Do It! I tend to roll with an idea, so here's what we're thinking:

Christmas surprise for my 2 boys, Jan 22-29, Pop preferred, celebrating hubby's 37th bday, upgrade to DDP, dining at Ohana, Crystal Palace breakfast (new to us), WCC, Biergarten, Sci-Fi (new)...still need two more, or poss Cali Grill as it's hubby's favorite and it IS his bday (I'm cheap, I hate to use 2 credits, but I will if he really wants it) :hug:. Flights are looking pretty good right now (about $750/4 from STL), but I'm still not SURE, and hate to book non-refundable tix. :scared1: Oh, what to do...what to do...???

Welcome to the party!! :dance3: It's good to hear you prefer POP to CBR. I've heard so many great things about POP and have stayed at CBR a few times! I hope you have an awesome trip!!!:wizard:

Room for two more? We are soooo ready to go!!!!! Celebrating DD 12th birthday!!!!! ( I couldn't keep the secret any longer.)
Welcome, welcome, welcome! :cool1:What a FANTASTIC place to celebrate a birthday! I hope your trip is very magical! :wizard:

In just 87 days we'll be at Pop! Arriving early on the 11th, playing till the 17th. Dear friends have just made reservations for the same dates.

WELCOME to the POP group! :woohoo:WDW is sooo much fun to go with friends! We've done this several times and is always a blast! Only 87 days left............. :headache:

A big POP-ALICIOUS :welcome: to all our new January POP'ers: Momto2PrncChrmgs, AnnMarBill and kbeels!! :cheer2:

Here's to the days until our respective vacations going by very quickly..... :car: AND our time at Walt Disney World going by very slowly..... :snail:!!!!! :goodvibes

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I just had to post that I hit my 3 month mark on my ticker today!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
excited! :banana: (that definitely deserves a dancing banana!) :goodvibes

I know a lot of you are going before me so not too much longer now! :wizard:

We're checking in on 1/9 and playing until the 14th, checking out on the 15th.:dance3:

This is our first time staying at the POP and our girls are beyond excited about this resort! We were gonna stay OP until the free dining came out...had to take advantage of that...though we did upgrade to the DDP. Our countdown calendar says 82 days from today we are leaving to drive down! :yay::yay: Will stay somewhere cheap the night of the 8th and book it on over to the POP to check in and grab our tickets and get the week started.

Here are our ADR's for the week (all lunch unless noted):

Saturday, January 8th – T-REX (dinner)

Sunday, January 9th – Tusker House

Monday, January 10th – Crystal Palace (breakfast)

Tuesday, January 11th – Coral Reef

Wednesday, January 12th – Tony’s Town Square

Thursday, January 13th – Sci Fi Dine In Theater

Friday, January 14th - 1900 Park Fare (dinner)

Saturday, January 15th – Planet Hollywood after check out

Beside myself with excitement!

Can't wait!! First time at POP....1/26-2/2! Free QSDP with 2 ADR for Askershus (with 3 girls, it had to be done) and one at O'Hana for 9 of us. My parents, Aunt, Uncle and cousin are spending the day with us at AK and then dinner at Poly!! SOO excited. I just bought the girls a bunch of CUTE Disney shirts and sweatshirt jackets at Macy's today!

Is anyone going to decorate your window and door at POP? DD thinks this is a wonderful idea.......now we have to come up with some ideas! She decorated the car last trip (honk is you love Mickey) LOL!

we're going 01/28-02/04. It's me, DH, DS(4) and DS(21 months) just realized he will turn 21 months they day we get there. It will be his third trip to Disney before his second birthday. We are meeting up with two of my aunts..so excited to have someone to help us with the kiddies this trip and ride some rides with my husband that we always kid swap on!!!

we're taking advantage of free dining...upgraded to regular dining. ADR's as follows.

1/28 Crystal Palace (dinner)
1/29 Biergarten
1/31 1900 park fare breakfast
1/31 liberty tree tavern dinner
2/2 tusker house breakfast
2/2 1900 park fare dinner
2/4 ohana breakfast

we've stayed there in the past. We've also stayed at POFQ, Polynesian and Yacht Club.

We were there last Jan. Be prepared for all seasons (sometimes all in one day) We had two days of torrential down pour but we made the best of it. Changed some parks and dining around for the rain. We had one day in DHS that was freezing and we live in NJ. THe problem was that the weather channel said it was going to be 65 that day. I don't think it made it to 50. $200 later ( three sweatshirts and a pair of gloves) we were warming up. That night as we watched fantasmic and I looked around at all the people in their disney sweatshirts I wondered what the park sales were that day for sweatshirts. The killer was that we had all that stuff back in the room..just didn't want to go back for it...:eek:

I cannot wait to go back!!! enough of my novel

Looks like it's a party going on here!!! :woohoo:

DH and I will be there starting Jan 30 - Feb 5 2011.
Staying at POP Century of course, best resort for fun and excitement.

We will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary! Can't believe it, time flies.

Anyway, we have some wonderful ADRs planned.

Sunday the 30th we arrive and will hit DTD for some shopping. Oh yes, got to get our annual vacation T-shirts made to wear in the parks.
Of course eat lunch at WPE. Love that place.
Then on to WCC for DH's favorite dinner of the trip.
Hopefully plan on a few EMH time in MK....can't wait to see the castle again.

Monday 31, we will have dinner at Crystal Palace...my favorite of the trip.

Tuesday Feb 1 dinner will be at LTT. We are looking forward to this meal. Have heard plenty of good reviews lately, not that it will stop us if they were bad. We are both comfort food people and the dishes hit the mark with us.

Wed Feb 2 is our ANNIVERSARY!!! YAY....:cheer2:
We will be dining at LeCellier for dinner. I was so excited to get this, infact had the ressie before I had the trip booked. LOL
Prime Rib and NY Strip here we come!!

Thursday Feb 3 is Ohana dinner. Love this meal too. My bff from HS will meet us there with her family as they live in Orlando.
Can't wait for bread pudding.

Friday Feb 4 is Chef Mickey's for dinner. Nothing says WDW like a trip over to CR from MK.

Sat Feb 5 we will head home. :sad2: It will break my heart but I can't stay at the happiest place on earth forever.

Oh almost forgot I will be dining at Tony's one day for lunch. It will be OOP but I have to eat with Lady and the Tramp as it is tied as my favorite movie with Bambi. So DH made this adr as a suprise for me. :love: Sweetie that he is.

All in all I hope everyone's trip will be all they dreamed of and more!!!

See ya there!!!! :dance3:

We will be there 1/29 - 2/6 for DS's 6th birthday. I can't wait! First time at POP and I'm really looking forward to it. We just purchased our airfare yesterday so now there isn't anything left to do but wait. And the anticipation is killing me! :rotfl:

Is anyone going to decorate your window and door at POP? DD thinks this is a wonderful idea.......now we have to come up with some ideas! She decorated the car last trip (honk is you love Mickey) LOL!

I would love to decorate...we were such newbies last time that we didn't do anything like that! Not this time though!

Any ideas?

Still waiting to hear if my sisters house is going to close (commission for me) so I haven't booked yet, but am DYING to~flights from STL to MCO are $129 RT (149 with taxes and fees). That is just insanely cheap!!! I did, however, go ahead and make ADR's 'JUST IN CASE'! :confused3
Sat 1/22 Arrival-no plans
Sun 1/23 MK: breakfast Crystal Palace
Mon 1/24 EPCOT: dinner Biergarten
Tues 1/25 DS: Sci-Fi lunch
Wed 1/26 AK: Ohana dinner
Thu 1/27: no plans, DH's birthday, maybe DTD, swimming, whatever!
Fri 1/28: majority rules, whichever park *Still need to make ressies for Cali Grill dinner
Have one more ADR to make but it will depend on flight times. Would love to get an early enough flight to have an ADR for arrival day, but may have a departure day breakfast...not sure yet!

We're doing something very similar this to our window: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1867638&page=13 Post 190. Someone from this board made the disney heads with our names on them. Then we just cut them and glue them to ribbon. We also have some smaller and bigger solid colored mickey head cutouts so I'll incorporate those.

We're getting really excited over here!! I just bought our plane tix last week. And we're into Holiday season, which helps make time fly by... My son's b-day was yesterday, followed by Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday (My favorite holiday! :rotfl:) Christmas, New Years and then our disney trip. So hopefully the next three months will go by quickly!!!

We're doing something very similar this to our window: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1867638&page=13 Post 190. Someone from this board made the disney heads with our names on them. Then we just cut them and glue them to ribbon. We also have some smaller and bigger solid colored mickey head cutouts so I'll incorporate those.

We're getting really excited over here!! I just bought our plane tix last week. And we're into Holiday season, which helps make time fly by... My son's b-day was yesterday, followed by Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday (My favorite holiday! :rotfl:) Christmas, New Years and then our disney trip. So hopefully the next three months will go by quickly!!!

Heehee, Black Friday is my favorite holiday, too! Although last year was more stressful than usual, probably due to the fact that I stayed up until after 3am, waiting for the Walmart online deals to be available (for the electronics), then I left the house about 530 to get to Walmart for the toys. I think I physically made myself ill, I was SOOOOO exhausted! This year it'll be one or the other. Although, if we book this DIsney trip, that will be their gift from us, and Santa's going to go a little slim this year, too! :rotfl2:

Still waiting to hear if my sisters house is going to close (commission for me) so I haven't booked yet, but am DYING to~flights from STL to MCO are $129 RT (149 with taxes and fees). That is just insanely cheap!!! I did, however, go ahead and make ADR's 'JUST IN CASE'! :confused3
Sat 1/22 Arrival-no plans
Sun 1/23 MK: breakfast Crystal Palace
Mon 1/24 EPCOT: dinner Biergarten
Tues 1/25 DS: Sci-Fi lunch
Wed 1/26 AK: Ohana dinner
Thu 1/27: no plans, DH's birthday, maybe DTD, swimming, whatever!
Fri 1/28: majority rules, whichever park *Still need to make ressies for Cali Grill dinner
Have one more ADR to make but it will depend on flight times. Would love to get an early enough flight to have an ADR for arrival day, but may have a departure day breakfast...not sure yet!

We will be there the same time as you. I will be celebrating my birthday with my mom and nanny. Also, my friend that works at POP. I see that you have breakfast plans at Crystal Palace the same time we do. Maybe we will run into each other. The next three months can't go by quick enough.

Heehee, Black Friday is my favorite holiday, too! Although last year was more stressful than usual, probably due to the fact that I stayed up until after 3am, waiting for the Walmart online deals to be available (for the electronics), then I left the house about 530 to get to Walmart for the toys. I think I physically made myself ill, I was SOOOOO exhausted! This year it'll be one or the other. Although, if we book this DIsney trip, that will be their gift from us, and Santa's going to go a little slim this year, too! :rotfl2:

DH and I are usually out from midnight until noonish the next day. We just try to take naps on Thanksgiving. :)

Thanks Carebee21 for posting your pictures! Looks gr-8! You're soooo right, the trip will be here before you know it! We are super excited.....can't wait! Lots to do.........

Will be at Pop Jan.14-16! Getting married on Jan. 17 (will be staying at Contemporary for nights surrounding wedding!). Most of the wedding guests will be at Pop from the 14th-18th!!!! :yay:

Will be at Pop Jan.14-16! Getting married on Jan. 17 (will be staying at Contemporary for nights surrounding wedding!). Most of the wedding guests will be at Pop from the 14th-18th!!!! :yay:

Congratulations!!! How exciting!

party:Happy Halloween to all of you future Pop'pers. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter