• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Calling all January 2011 POP'pers!!!

ADR's as of now-January
12th Breakfast Cinderella's Royal Table
13th Nothing
14th Dinner at Sci-Fi
15th Lunch Yak and Yeti
Dinner-O'hana(my birthday!)
16th Lunch-Le Chef's de France

Haven't decided on counter service yet.:yay:

So what time is your birthday dinner at O'hana? We will be there for an early dinner at 5pm. Also, just FYI on Thursday the 13th is Fastasmic at HS & this is the only time during our trip. Sounds like there may still be Fastasmic Dinner Packages left, if that is something your family might be interested in. It is a good deal if you want to see the show & don't want to wait in line forever. Since you have these ADR's, I'm guessing you went with the free dining deal. Oh they all sound awesome too!!

Hi Everybody! DD and I will be travelling in from Northwest Indiana to celebrate her 10th birthday, and get some relief from lake effect snow. We are staying at Pop Jan. 9-15. DH may be joining us at some point, but does not know exactly which days as of yet. I upgraded us to the DDP. Here's my ADR's:
1/9 - Yak & Yeti (D)
1/10 - Kona (L), 1900 Park Fare (D)
1/11 - Garden Grill
1/12 - Sci-Fi (L), 50's (D)
1/13 - CRT (B) Seriously - I booked the entire trip on the basis of this ADR.
Chef Mickey's (D)
1/14 - Cape May Cafe
1/15 - Le Cellier (L)

I'm not sure which w/b Maddie's bday celebration dinner. I figured I'd let her pick. She know we're going, just not exactly when, and she doesn't know it's for her birthday,so it'sgoing to be awesome!!!

So what time is your birthday dinner at O'hana? We will be there for an early dinner at 5pm. Also, just FYI on Thursday the 13th is Fastasmic at HS & this is the only time during our trip. Sounds like there may still be Fastasmic Dinner Packages left, if that is something your family might be interested in. It is a good deal if you want to see the show & don't want to wait in line forever. Since you have these ADR's, I'm guessing you went with the free dining deal. Oh they all sound awesome too!!

O'hana is at 6:20 for us. Yes we went with free dining. Just switched from Yak and Yeti to Coral Reef instead. It is so much work! and so many decisions.

O'hana is at 6:20 for us. Yes we went with free dining. Just switched from Yak and Yeti to Coral Reef instead. It is so much work! and so many decisions.

Cool sounds like there is a good chance we will still be at O'hana when you get there. Our kids love going there & learning to hula dance. It is easy to stay there for a while since they entertain our girls so well. We will have to exchange info when we get closer, so we can meet ya that nite!

Yay! I got a little book in the mail from Disneyworld today. It just had basic planning information but still, it's Disney mail :goodvibes

Cool sounds like there is a good chance we will still be at O'hana when you get there. Our kids love going there & learning to hula dance. It is easy to stay there for a while since they entertain our girls so well. We will have to exchange info when we get closer, so we can meet ya that nite!
Sounds like a good idea. Is there a way to bookmark my post so I don't have to search for it each time?

We will be staying at Animal Kingdom Villas from Janury 12th - 16th.

Welcome! I noticed you are staying at AKL! This thread is for people staying at POP Century! :rotfl: But you are welcome to join in the fun while we're waiting for our trips!!!!:dance3:

Sounds like a good idea. Is there a way to bookmark my post so I don't have to search for it each time?

What do you mean bookmark your post? If you're looking for this thread you can go to the User CP section in the top left corner and the threads you are subscribed to will show up and you can click from there. Once you reply or post on a thread you will automatically subscribed unless you changed your preferences. Hope that helps.......:surfweb:

Hi Everybody! DD and I will be travelling in from Northwest Indiana to celebrate her 10th birthday, and get some relief from lake effect snow. We are staying at Pop Jan. 9-15. DH may be joining us at some point, but does not know exactly which days as of yet. I upgraded us to the DDP. Here's my ADR's:
1/9 - Yak & Yeti (D)
1/10 - Kona (L), 1900 Park Fare (D)
1/11 - Garden Grill
1/12 - Sci-Fi (L), 50's (D)
1/13 - CRT (B) Seriously - I booked the entire trip on the basis of this ADR.
Chef Mickey's (D)
1/14 - Cape May Cafe
1/15 - Le Cellier (L)

I'm not sure which w/b Maddie's bday celebration dinner. I figured I'd let her pick. She know we're going, just not exactly when, and she doesn't know it's for her birthday,so it'sgoing to be awesome!!!

WELCOME!!!:woohoo: Sounds like a fun trip!!! Have you ever stayed at POP before?? Your DD will have a great time at CRT!! You have several of the same ADR's as us!! :banana:

we are going to be there from the 21st to the 25th

DDs 3rd birthday is febuary 1st so this is for her birthday and it is our first trip to disney as a family DH and i have been as kids but I am super excited! :)

What do you mean bookmark your post? If you're looking for this thread you can go to the User CP section in the top left corner and the threads you are subscribed to will show up and you can click from there. Once you reply or post on a thread you will automatically subscribed unless you changed your preferences. Hope that helps.......:surfweb:
Thanks, I think I have it figured out now. Newbie here. Apparently I have to scroll down to the bottom and enable that. Will make it much easier.:goodvibes

Has anyone going this January ever been in January before? I know the weather can vary but we are hoping it will be nice. It has been 7 years since we have been. Any counter service suggestions? We are on the dining plan.

We will be going in January to celebrate my Birthday. We are going Jan. 22-29. This is the first time we will be there in January and the first time I will get to celebrate my Birthday while there.

I, too, booked my ADR's before booking the trip.

This is what we have booked.....

Jan 23-Crystal Palace-Breakfast
Jan 24-Whispering Canyon Cafe-Lunch
Jan 25-Le Cellier-Dinner
Jan 26-Crystal Palace-Breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern-Dinner
Jan 27-50's Prime Time Cafe-Lunch
Jan 28-Crystal Palace-Breakfast

Yes, I LOVE Crystal Palace. LOL. My mom told me I could book whatever I wanted since it's my Birthday trip.

As far as quick service places, I will definately be going to Earl of Sandwich a few times. YUMMO!

Here are a few of the counter service that I have thought about doing. I know on the 14th we will get food from all the different countries and on the 17th we are going to DD to eat at Wolfgang Puck before we drive back to SC. Most of these we have not tried before, so any input or better ideas would be appreciated.

12th - Need dinner at AK
?Yak & Yeti CS?

13th - Need late brkfst/early lunch at MK
?Plaza Restaurant?

14th - Dinner at Epcot
Get food from all the different countries

15th - Need lunch at HS
?Sci Fi Dine-In? or ?Fairfax Fare?

16th - Need lunch at MK
?Lunching Pad?

17th - Lunch at DD
Wolfgang Puck QS

Has anyone going this January ever been in January before? I know the weather can vary but we are hoping it will be nice. It has been 7 years since we have been. Any counter service suggestions? We are on the dining plan.

We LOVE January! :lovestruc The weather can definitely vary, but for the most part there is little rain, moderate/cool temps and very manageable crowds. Great time to go! Last year we were there the week after the snow and freezing temps. We wore jeans, tshirts/light long sleeve, sweater/jacket (in the AM and evenings). You can expect lows around 50 and highs in the 70s. Last year we had some lows in 40s (maybe high 30s) at the beginning of the trip...but it warmed up a little each day. The pool at CSR was not heated so needless to say there was NO swimming for us! :rotfl:

As for counter service restaurants I would recommend what most everyone seems to recommend....

MK: Columbia Harbour House
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons and most of the stands in World Showcase. We like Sommerfest, Kringla Bakeri and YC Fish Shop. I would like to try Tangierine Cafe or the new Cantina de San Angel on our next trip.
AK: Flame Tree BBQ but we may try Pizzafari in January
HS: None that I like here....we use a TS credit for a late lunch and prefer to eat dinner at DTD or a resort. Otherwise, I think I would recommend a sandwich at Starring Rolls or head over to Pizza Planet (I don't like the pizza at Disney, but DD does. I have had the salad here).

Here are a few of the counter service that I have thought about doing. I know on the 14th we will get food from all the different countries and on the 17th we are going to DD to eat at Wolfgang Puck before we drive back to SC. Most of these we have not tried before, so any input or better ideas would be appreciated.

12th - Need dinner at AK
?Yak & Yeti CS? IMO, this wasn't great and seating was limited. We prefer Flame Tree BBQ.

13th - Need late brkfst/early lunch at MK
?Plaza Restaurant? Do you want a counter service? The Plaza is TS. I recommend CHH or Main Street Bakery

14th - Dinner at Epcot
Get food from all the different countries YUM!

15th - Need lunch at HS
?Sci Fi Dine-In? or ?Fairfax Fare? Again, Sci-Fi is not counter service, but I do recommend if you have a TS credit to use. We haven't tried Fairfax Fare. Reviews sound good! Looks similar to Flame Tree BBQ at AK. Hmmmm...I might be missing out! :)

16th - Need lunch at MK
?Lunching Pad? I haven't tried this, but I thought it was snacks. :confused3 Have you eaten here? What's good?

17th - Lunch at DD
Wolfgang Puck QS :thumbsup2

We'd like to join in all the fun. We are staying at POP for the first time 1/9/11-1/16/11 with Free Dining!!! Thank you WDW for the Free Dining.

We're POPalicious!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter