Calling all Illinois Dvc members ! THE GREYHOUND HAS BEEN FOUND

he was missing since feb. 4th and found i believe this past thursday, a few miles from home, weighing 47lbs, from 70 something. vet gave him antibotics and fluids and recommended plenty of rest and he will be just find.

my girls and i drove 1- 1/2 hour up there 2 weekends ago searching in the same woods were he was found, but we had no luck. thank goodness a man seen him when octane decided to come out of the woods.

i hear the greyhound association might have a welcome home party for octane.

here is a pic of octane

http://groups.msn.com/REGAPofIllinois/octanewelcomehome.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1889

For those who own pets,

you can have an avid chip put into your pet, and register it.

Helps to return the animal to it's owners.....

I'm doing it for my kitty, and Lab has had it for 7 years with no problem.

When licensing the animals with the City of Aurora, where I live, I also gave them the AVID chip numbers.

If an animal is found with this chip, it saves them from being destoyed during the 1 or 2 normal grace period. They track down the owners, or the vet, as needed.

I love my kitty and Doggie (DC - DDG) Disney Cat, Disney Dog ;)

GOldi

thank you for the advise:sunny:

when adopting a greyhound from a rescue group, all the greyhounds come with the avid chip, great idea, except when i went to our village to register my pooch, i let my village know that he had a avid chip and the responce was, we dont need to know that:eek:

but it is a great idea:sunny:

I could just cry looking at that picture. I will pray for Octane's recovery. He looks just like my MeiMei with the light brindle.

I'm from Northeastern PA where I adopted my two greys and they didn't come with an AVID chip. Hubby mentioned it recently and this story definitely has me sold.

Having just seen your post....I'd love to see up dated picks in a month or 2 when the Greyhound is nursed back to health...If they post them please forward the pics....I beautiful dog but oh so sad looking now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter