calling all high schoolers!

B

Bellegirl

my buds and i are having a discussion. We are unsure if we should bring bookbags to class. What do y'all do?

Well, if I had a choice, I wouldnt bring a backpack. My entire senior year I never brought a backpack around. But if you have alot of classes in a row with no time to stop at your locker, you'll need a backpack.

I am going to have to. Hampton's very intellignet group of planners gave us extreamly small lockers (AKA Where Do You Want Me To Put My Parka and Backpack?:rolleyes: ). Its just a must. I will be carting around 6 periods of books all day. Oh Well...

Brad

Personally, I find it easier to carry a bookbag, rather than running to my locker before each class, since we only have 5 minutes inbetween and for some reason I usually have to run from on side of the building to the other.

<font color=blueviolet size=4>I agree w/Meghan. My locker is on the 3rd floor, & if I have most of my classes on the 1st & 2nd floors, it's a pain to hafta go all the way up to the 3rd floor & get my bag. I just bring it w/me. Not all schools allow that though...

You guys are soooo lucky. We aren't allowed to carry a bookbag to class at our school, as a saftey precaution.

i think some kids in my school do, but i personely dont wanna carry one , plus our school has only one floor, but its pretty big. but i wont have to csrry that many books at one time.but well see how my schedule is,like if i have no time...but so far i plan not 2.

Since this upcoming year is going to be my first high school year, i couldn't speak from a HS'ers point of view, but from 8th gr., it would be a pain to have to keep stopping at your locker. The main floor of our middle school is like an 'H'. My locker was at the end of the eighth grade wing (the bottom right of an 'H'). I had classes all the way in the 7th grade wing (the bottom left of an 'H') It was a pain if you took the wrong book or something. The only safety precautions that were a problem were w/ the roly backpacks. they didn't fit in the lockers, so kids had to bring them to lunch and people were always tripping on them.

I couldn't live without mine!! Its alot easier, and it safed me a couple of detentions, cause everything you need is in it.:p

Yea its definately easier to carry a bag unless your locker is in a prime location in the middle of all your classes

Well my school doesn't allow backpacks in class...the whole school's lockers are on one area and we have 5 minutes between class to go to our lockers. Each locker is assigned to 2 people and we just split the locker down the middle...and there are no doors or locks...everything is out in the open....so i don't bring a bag to class cuz it's not allowed.

Yeah, because of Columbine and such I heard alot of schools are outlawing backpacks, because there could be a gun in them or some ridiculous crap. I'd check your schools guidelines, then try to break them. No better way to make yourself known around the school.

My school didn't outlaw backpacks...there's only 200 kids in my school and there's no point in having them..that's what the school told us...

We can wear backpacks at my school, and believe me.....everyone does! Our school only has 2 floors, so it's not that bad if we couldn't. But me and 2 other friends have to have 2 sets of books, one at school and one at home, because we have back problems and can't carry anything heavy. :D But then if we have studyhall, we've gotta carry them. So I can kinda empathize w/ some of you but not all the way.

:smooth:

Personally, I would get a back-pack- even though our school is small, it's hard to get into your homeroom or to your locker between classes- we only have like 3 minutes. and everybody has them at my school, so I would definitely get one, but that's just me!

I use a backpack at school. I'm a Junior this year. Our administration really sucks so they make everything as hard as they possibly can for us students. I have thwarted them by making my life easier and using a backpack. If that made no sense, don't worry, my school got dumb this year and today being my first day I am rather upset. Just remember this: Backpacks=good

This will be my first year @ high school and I am planning on using a backpack. I know most of my friends r so it wont b a big deal. Plus I went to my high school last year for French and all the high schoolers used them so I had a little insight. Even if there is a rule I dont really care, my school is one floor but spread out majorly. so its flat but really wide. I cant stop at my locker all the time!

I may only be going into 8th grade but i can tell ya this..I have a locker and i still use my bag. I always more then hlaf my stuff in my locker and my bag still weighs 800 pounds all the time. I need a bag, if i had to carry around all those books my arms would fall off. My school is thinking about getting rid of backpacks. we had some weird student vote thing about it and most of us still want the backbacks. those backbacks on wheels, i trip over em all the time. everybody does. our school banned those i think

I use a backpack... everyone at our school does. The school is two floors, and each floor is split into 2 levels. Its really confusing at first, but once you get used to the layout its really cool. Plus, there are also temporary buildings outside. We have 8 minutes to get to each class, but i still can't go to my locker between every class. No one uses the rolly backpacks, b/c they're hard to take up the stairs (there is an elevator, but its only for special circumstances) and the halls are too crowded. Backpacks are also cool if your a girl b/c then i can shove my makeup bag, hairbrush, etc. in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter