Calling all Fireman wives!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Friday!! I am glad it's the weekend, too!!! We will be having a busy weekend, though! But, it's better than work!!

slo - Monopoly? Wow your brave...lol We are catholic here. My sons religous ed class is really encourging them to give or do something instead of giving something up. So we are giving food to the food pantry each week and going through toys and clothes to give away. Dante got $5 from the tooth fairy for his first tooth because we had no singles in our house...lol Congrats to Emily for passing her test! Glad to hear that its not a connective tissue problem! Good Luck with pt!

Idroveallnight - So glad you made it home! It sounds like you had a great trip! How special about Mickey and Minnie being on the Carousel. Congratulations to Emily. I cant believe the things people will take their children to see. WTG Emily on Juniour National Honor Society. Glad you werent hurt more seriously on your bike collision.

Jenny - Welcome to the thread! I have been mia for awhile. My name is Abby and I am a sahm to 2. Dante 7 and Alyssa 4. We love to cook out. Glad to hear about the mild weather.

Tamara - Welcome to you also! I have been married to my hubby for 9 years. WTg on going back to school! We are actually thinking of surprising my son for his bday but I dont know if I could keep it a secret...lol

A little update on what has been keeping us busy. We got delayed 3 times to come home so we ended up driving from Miami back to Syracuse. OMGosh that was a killer drive. When we got back the kids were off for Mid Winter Recess then a couple more snow days were thrown in the next week. I was beginning to think they were never going to get back into their routines. Finally it seems all is returning to normal.

We received Dantes MRI results. The nurse called to say the doctor consulted with a neuroradiologist and they believe it is a benign cyst behind Dante's knee. It is 3 cm at its largest spot. Which on a child who weighs 45 lbs is pretty big. The test also showed some translucency (either right below or right above the knee, his regular doctor couldnt remember which location). We go back April 2nd.

Our trip was AWESOME!!! We got our Buzz Lightyear room! We were on the corner right next to the parking lot. So that made for an easy walk. Our luggage was in our room and we got early check in. They had done a wonderful job with cleaning our room. You could just smell the clean air. They had done the allergen free room cleaning for us. We LOVED the pirate and princess party! I couldnt believe how empty the park was. We ate at Planet Hollywood our first night. That had so much food!

I am so glad to be getting back to normal. I should be back to posting regularly again.

Stephanie is making her first Reconciliation this morning.
She is so nervous and scared:scared:
Luckily, they are able to take an index card with them to help them remember what to say.

Karen - Have a good weekend. What are you doing?

Abby - Welcome back - we missed you!!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your sons cyst:guilty: Does this need to be surgically removed? Lots of PD coming to you for that:wizard:
I'm so glad you had a good trip, and that the Pirate and Princess Party was fun pirate: princess:

Well, I'm off to get ready for church.
Have a good day everyone! :wave:

Thanks for the welcome back!

We dont know if surgery will be required or not. Originally we were told it was just a Bakers Cyst. Something that would eventually resolve on its own. Usually within 1-2 years. Well its been a year and a half and now its growing. The doctor said it has also become a complicated cyst. I guess a wall has somehow developed in it. I think it would be so much easier if I knew for sure what I was dealing with. I know the doctors office is busy and I am trying to wait patiently, but it gets tough sometimes. They did make sure to call and let us know that they did not believe it to be cancerous at this time. That was a godsend.

Congratulations to your daughter on her reconciliation! That is a big step!

What is the weather like for everyone? It is 20 and snowing here.

sandy- Congratulations to Steph!! What a big day!!!

Abby- it is cool today - just in the 60's! It is beautiful & sunny, though!

James has a baseball game today. They didn't win, but they did well. He played 3rd base. He has been a catcher for the last 3 years, so it was a little different. He did well, though.

Have a great day!!

Thanks for the kind words about Stephanie's first confession yesterday.:goodvibes

The service they had was very nice, and Stephanie did really well.:angel:
They had a "communial" reconciliation, which is where several priests are there and you do your confession in public (away from people so no one can hear what you are saying). I told Stephanie's teacher that Steph was very nervous, so she made sure that Stephanie went to our priest, which was nice, because Stephanie knows him. Kevin and I were chuckling, because she was talking to him for a L O N G time - what was she telling him????:confused: If must have been somewhat amusing, because I saw the priest smiling alot. :rolleyes:

Not to much going on today - I have alot to do around the house. Plus Stephanie has to finish writing a book for school tomorrow. She is writing a story about having a sleepover with Cinderella in her castleprincess: It will be a really cute story!!!!

Abby - I will keep your son in my thoughts and prayers that everything is okay with that cyst:wizard: . Please keep us posted on that!!!!
**It's cold here too, but it's a different cold - I think it's because the sun is out :sunny:

Karen - I'm sorry James' team didn't win yesterday:guilty: I thought he was pitching - did they change that?

Well, I gotta run and get ready for church
Have a good day today everyone!! :wave:

sandy - James was actually cathcher the last couple of yeasr - which he loves. Hopefully he will get to be the back up catcher this year and move to starting next season. This new age group relies on the catcher alot, so he needs some more training. (they can steal bases now and since kids are pitching now, it gets kind of wild).
I am glad Steph did well yesterday! That can be nerve wracking! It's good she got to be with someone she is comfortable with!

So glad Steph did well slo! Thanks for the kind words about Dante.

Karen, ss james didnt win. Glad he did well! I will keep my fingers crossed on his getting to be catcher.

Hi Abby, thank you for the welcome. :goodvibes

Just finished a very long and tiring weekend. We just moved into the new house we built last November. We are just beginning to landscape. We had 8 loads of dirt delivered this weekend and my arms are so sore from shoveling. DH used the Bobcat while I filled in the gaps. It's no where near done. I never thought I would crave having grass!

Karen - My brother had a friend who was a catcher, and he had the strongest legs from all that bending. My brother pitched, and this friend was always his catcher - they were so funny to watch when they didn't agree on something. I remember my brothers Little League days like it was yesterday. :rolleyes:

Abby - Your welcome!!!! :goodvibes Please keep us updated!!

rentayenta - You sure did have the workout this weekend :faint: I bet you have a lot of work, but think how proud of it you will be when you are done :teeth: Please keep us updated on the progress of your new home.

Well, I"m off to get ready for work
Have a good day today everyone!!! :wave:

I forgot to post here yesterday :eek:
I think I'm losing my mind :rolleyes:

Yesterday was filled with lots of chores and errands
One of them was my first physical therapy for my knees
The therapists taped my kneed to keep my knee caps in place, and boy does it feel weird. When I first stood up, I told the therapists that I felt like I had wobbly sealegs like Captain Jack Sparrow - she laughed :lmao:
The tape stays on until Friday.

Today is a day of cleaning house - I"m so not in the mood.
When are the free maids when you need them :rolleyes:
Oh...that's right...you have to pay for them. I think I will do it myself :upsidedow

Well, I gotta run

I have a proud mom moment to share with you all.

Last night was special person/grandparent night at Steph's school. I went with her, because they said only one grandparent, and I didn't want her to have to choose between my parents and my in-laws. So when we were there, one of Stephanie's friends says to me, "are you her mom?" I said, "yes". The little girl said to me, "she talks about you alot" and I said "is it nice things?" and she smiles and says "yes". Boy did that make me feel good:goodvibes Then Stephanie's art teacher told me how much of a joy she is, and how she's such a good child, and very good in art - that made me feel so good too:goodvibes I just wanted to share that with you all.

Well, I gotta run and get ready for work
Have a good day today everyone!!! :wave:

191d647e0c3db11d0d9c65a321a7b3b0.gif

It's Friday!!!! :woohoo:
Hip Hip Hooray!!!!! :cool1:

I was sleeping so good this morning.
We left the window open a little for some fresh air, and the sound of some rain pitter patting
was so relaxing :umbrella:
I just didn't want to wake up :sad2:

I hope everyone has a good day today!!!! :wave:

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while but I've been sick. Starting to get back on my feet now.

Boy, looks like I've got lots of reading back to do on here to get all caught up!

Hey everyone...............................

its....................................................

:cheer2:
6.gif
:cheer2:

It think today we are going to celebrate the excitement of going out to dinner tonight :banana: We haven't been out to dinner in forever. I think we are going to Joe's Crab Shack :goodvibes Then we are going to go to the mall and visit the Easter Bunny, and then we are going to the Disney Store to buy a birthday present for a friend of Stephanie (she's going to the party tomorrow).

For any of you that lurk I wanted to let you know that our dear friend Kathy (eeyoresmountainpals) is very sick in the hospital. If you could all keep her in your thought and prayers, I would appreciate it. She's a wonderful person, who has been with us on this thread for a very long time. She can use all your prayers right now - thanks!!!!!

Kathy - When you are home and read this, I want you to know that I'm thinking about you all the time. I've been keeping you in my prayers to feel better soon, and to come home soon. I luv ya!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well, I gotta run and get Ms. Steph up for school
Have a good day everyone!!! :wave:

Thanks Sandy!!!!! :hug:

slo - sounds like ya'll have a busy night! Enjoy!

kathy - I am so sorry you are not well right now!! You are in my prayers!!! I hope you are up and back on the boards soon!

Thanks! I've received so many prayers and well wishes throughout all this. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers. The prayers have worked and without them and my guardian angels I don't feel that I'd be here today! I've been very blessed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter