• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all experts plan my itinerary

needtoplan

Mouseketeer
Background- Going Sat,Sept 8-15 (sports) Me, DH, DS10,DD5 We have PHs and WP&M
Right now no plans to attend MNSSHP or Food and Wine, but they really make it hard to anticipate crowds and work around. We do want to see fireworks at MK one night.
My original itinerary:
Sat. AK 8-1, BB 2-4, EP 5-10
Sun. HS 8-1, BB 2-4, EP 5-9
Mon. AK 8-12, BB1-3, HS 4-9
Tues. MK 9-1, BB 2-4, HS 5-9
Wed. MK 9-11
Thurs. MK 9-9
Fri. MK 8-4 EP 5-10
Sat. AK 8-10, HS 11-2, MK 3-10
I had forgotten about food and wine and worry that our time at Epcot will be super crowded. Additionally, I worry that choosing EMH for our times at park will be a bad decision. Thoughts? Help please.

I agree with you, due to F&W I would switch your Epcot days to be the middle of the week days (Tues or Wed). I would probably make AK and MK my weekend parks, and do HS in the middle of the week as well. To me, that looks like a lot of Blizzard Beach (assuming that's what BB means?). Also, unless you plan to carry around wet suits, you'll have to go back to your resort after BB before your evening park which could take more time than you've allotted. We are big relax in the middle of the day at our hotel pool people, and we like the water parks as well, but they're more of a half-day event for us rather than our middle of the day "down time" sort of thing.

Regarding EMH, are you going to participate in the EMHs? If you can be there before the AM EMH opens, you can get a ton done in that first hour. That always works great for us - we've never subscribed to the "avoid the EMH park" way of thinking. Unless you aren't going to do the EMH, in which case yes you should avoid it.

I would not go to three places in one day. With how many days you're there, there's no need to at all. I'm not sure why you want to waste all that time traveling.

2 parks a day is more than enough.

A few additional items- we have our own car and by staying at Sports we are next door to Blizzard Beach, kids love the water park ( why we like sports is it is close to everything, but MK)We know that traveling between parks can take time, but that is why when we go to MK we stay there. Our doing 3 parks is not unusual for us. My biggest concerns were weekend crowds for Food and wine and doing EMH morning hours for AK twice, Hs, and MK. I worried the crowds would be chasing us, but we are arrive at the park before rope drop folks. I also worry about MK crowds flooding parks on non party days ( parties are Sun., Tues., and Fri. Night)

When are you planning to sleep? Ha! Just be ready to be flexible when you get there. It always happens to me.
Stay away from Epcot on the weekends. Don't do morning EMH unless you are at the gate 30-45 minutes prior to opening.
Have great time!

A few additional items- we have our own car and by staying at Sports we are next door to Blizzard Beach, kids love the water park ( why we like sports is it is close to everything, but MK)We know that traveling between parks can take time, but that is why when we go to MK we stay there. Our doing 3 parks is not unusual for us. My biggest concerns were weekend crowds for Food and wine and doing EMH morning hours for AK twice, Hs, and MK. I worried the crowds would be chasing us, but we are arrive at the park before rope drop folks. I also worry about MK crowds flooding parks on non party days ( parties are Sun., Tues., and Fri. Night)

Why wouldn't you just plan a full day at BB instead?

And increase time at the other parks by cutting out the third?

Having your own car helps, but it's not something I would ever do (except on like a last day)

But if your family enjoys it, go for it!

But yes, MK will be a lot more crowded on non party days.

I wouldn't worry about emh crowds if you're switching parks so much

I don't like the BB breaks everyday but its not my plan. My kids love the water parks too but I think I would do 1-2 full days at BB or maybe even 2 full half days instead of those 2 hour midday breaks there. 3 parks in one day seems like an awful lot but you know your family and if its something they can navigate without feeling wiped out the next day, then go for it!

The water parks are busiest between noon and 3:00, so if you keep your plan as it is be prepared for long lines.

If your kids love the water parks, it seems weird to be there only two hours (which becomes even less when you factor in getting changed in and out of swimsuits, finding a lounger to put your things down, etc. Seems like you'd be ducking in just two do one or two slides and then go. If it were me, I would definitely switch to more of a half day dry park/half day water park schedule.

I would think it'd be more enjoyable to dedicate one or two half days to the waterpark. You're planning on going at the time of day that the lines will be long. I'd arrive at opening and stay until 2:00 or so and then head to another park. You'll accomplish so much more than you will during two hours in the mid- afternoon. Additionally, the waterparks are not the same as relaxing at a resort pool. You're expending a lot of energy. Given the temperatures and humidity at that time of year, I think you'll all be exhausted going at that pace. But, this is just my opinion.

BB = bathroom break. This fall free dining is being offered, that's a lot of food!

I'll get my coat.

I wouldn't want to do a water park in the middle of the day and then head straight to another park - I'm always covered from head to toe in heavy sunscreen and feeling gross from all the water and sand. Plus the middle of the day is always the most crowded so I wouldn't want to plan on only two hours at a water park during the busiest time of the day. I don't feel like we would accomplish much even though we don't do the bigger slides and water rides. We either stick to one park a day or hop to another in the evening - typically only for dinner. We always have a car too but doing 3 parks each day would be wasting way too much time on travel, regardless of the method of travel. On water park days we get to the water park before opening and typically stay until 2:00 or 3:00 then head back to the resort to shower and change and then head to either Disney Springs or Epcot for a TS dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter