Calling all experts...looking for fdbk on my itinerary

caroline1851

DIS Veteran
Probaly way too early to making an intinerary but i'm excited, so it helps the time go by. Going to wdw 10/19-10/25 w/ dh, ds 6 and dd2
Staying at CSR and will be on the ddp without park hoppers

sun 10/19
arrive around 3pm
check in, check out the resort
DTD-eat at either Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck express
check out the stores (legos and the place to build your own light saber)

Mon 10/20
Mgm
Breakfast oop at Pepper Mkt
arrive mgm between 9am-10a
Jedi Knight training, star tours, Muppets 3-d, lunch at pizza planet, indiana jones stunt show, great movie ride, bug play area, parade then go back to resort.
dinner at pepper mkt, relax

tue 10/21
MK
Breakfast oop at Pepper mkt
9am arrive at MK
dumbo, pooh, peter pan, mad tea party, toon town, lunch at Crystal Palace, Buzz lightyear (get fast passes earlier), TTA, leave btwn 2p-3p and return to resort.
6pm dinner at Wolfgang Puck Cafe (with all of our other family members who are meeting us there) or any otehr suggestions for dinner in dtd?

Wed 10/22
Breakfast at pepper mkt oop, pool/swimming, lunch at pepper mkt
MK
2pm arrive
Swiss family treehouse, aladdin, junglecruise, pirates of caribean, tom sawyer island, haunted mansion, it's a small world
during this time, see the 3pm parade and the Spectromagic parade and eat dinner at Cosmic Rays. ride buzz lightyear again.

Thur 10/23
My parents will be taking our kids to Sea World so dh and I will have the day to ourselves and will hit Epcot.
Breakfast at peppermkt oop
Early lunch at Coral Reef and dinner at Le Cellier
Before lunch and in between lunch and dinner: Soarin, Living seas, honey i shrunk audience, tour the world showcase
*Is lunch at coral reef and dinner at Le Cellier too much for one day? lunch could be 12:00 and dinner at 5:00 or so. I don't know.....

fri 10/24
AK
brkfast at pepper mkt oop
arrive at park around 9am.
safaria, the trails, flights of wonder, boneyard, festival of lion king, dinosaur.
eat lunch at some point at Flame bbq. Leave by 2pm. (possible?)
4:45 dinner at dtd not sure where, 6pm Cirque de Soleil w/ my mom and dad

Sat 10/25
character breakfast buffet-not sure where.
go home

What do you think?

I don't think it's too much. it feels like a lot of stuff but plenty of downtime. I don't know.....

any input is welcome :)

I think Coral Reef and LeCellier in the same day is too much. I would stick with LeCellier and plan on Coral Reef for another day.

Also, did you consider Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney? It is a fun place.

Okay, maybe i'll just skip Coral Reef. I can't really do it another day because we're not going back to Epcot and I was trying to get the most out of the dining plan. I could have a really light early breakfast, and then lunch at CR at 11:45 or so and then dinner at 6pm at Le Cellier? Still too much?

DTD-I could try Rainforest Cafe. i've been before-we have one near where i live, so in that respect,it doesn't feel "special". I bet the others we're going with will like it. I'll def. put that on my list. thank you.

I noticed you left out some of the bigger attractions which are more "thrill" type rides (Splash Mtn., BTMR, RNR, etc.). If it's due to your daughter's age, you can do a "baby swap" on those attractions. I wouldn't miss out on the Lights! Motor! Action! stunt show in the Studios though, your DH and DS would probably love it.

If you're going to Cirque de Soleil on Fri., maybe you could have dinner at Planet Hollywood since it is closeby. My children always loved it. Good Luck!:thumbsup2

Dh and I do not like "thrill" rides at all. As for Planet Hollywood, we're going to dinner with my parents and they hate that kind of place. Thank you for the suggestion though.

I'm not sure on Wed. if you can get all the rides done that you want to, plus go to both parades.

We have had 4 trips in Oct. this last year, by 2-3:00 the parks were packed, and hard to even walk around.

Keep in mind that for both parades, to get a front row seat at the hub or main street, you need to be in place around an hour prior to the parade. You can wait a little longer if you want to watch from Frontierland.

It would help if you sent one person to grab FP for everyone as soon as you get into the park.

My other observation is why are you going to the parks so late? The earlier you get there, the more you will get done without the crowds!! :goodvibes

The days you picked for each park are right on in IMHO.

My $.02.....

- If you are doing the DDP, I don't see a lot of sit downs on your itinerary. To get the most out of the plan, make sure to make your ADRs as early as possible and research menu value for both the adults and kids. I always like hitting Chef Mickey's the day we arrive as it gives the kids some one on one time with some characters and time to warm up to them before waiting in line at the parks to see them. Save DTD (and your energy) for later in the trip.

MON - I would consider adding the Beauty and the Beast Show, Playhouse Disney LIVE, Voyage of the Little Mermaid or the Stars and Motorcars Show depending on the tastes of your kids. Prime Time Cafe is a good place for a sit down at the studios and try and catch Fantasmic before leaving.

TUE - I would consider moving Crystal Palace to Wed. before you start your touring of MK since you are already going to Wolfgang Puck's in the evening.

WED - Just the suggestion above.

THUR - Get your Le Cellier ADRs setup ASAP as it fills up fast. maybe hit the Electric Umbrella for a good counter lunch in place of Coral Reef. Don't miss Illuminations. Also, make sure your parents don't miss the Pets Ahoy, Blue Horizons and Clyde and Seamore shows (get there early for this one) at Sea World. The kids will love these!!

FRI - Dinosaur has some scary stuff in it, so be aware for your DS6. I know you are not a thrill seaker, but Expedition Everest is a pretty mild, incredibly themed runaway train ride....I wouldn't miss it. Have DH run over to get FPs for that while the family makes their way to the Safari at opening.

That's all I have....make sure to plan your meals out so you can get the value out of your DDP. Looks like a great time!!!!

I'm not sure on Wed. if you can get all the rides done that you want to, plus go to both parades.

We have had 4 trips in Oct. this last year, by 2-3:00 the parks were packed, and hard to even walk around.

Keep in mind that for both parades, to get a front row seat at the hub or main street, you need to be in place around an hour prior to the parade. You can wait a little longer if you want to watch from Frontierland.

It would help if you sent one person to grab FP for everyone as soon as you get into the park.

My other observation is why are you going to the parks so late? The earlier you get there, the more you will get done without the crowds!! :goodvibes

That's a lot of rides for Wednesday? it didn't seem like that much, bu tmaybe i'll need to look at it again. I don't plan on waiting an hour for the parade, it's okay for me if we're not front row at the hub. I'll watch it from Frontierland if it means not having to wait so long. Is 9am considered late to go to parks? Uh oh, that's not good. dh is terrible at getting up early in the am. Hmmmm...the day at Epcot that we're going later is because we really want a relaxing morning WITHOUT the kids and we don't want to rush, so i'm guessing that's the time we'll be there. Then, the 2pm mk start is because we're going to have a late night the nightr before and i think the kids will be too tired to have a late night followed by an early morning. I didn't realize the parks would be that crowded at 2pm or so....now i'm concerned. Not sure ....maybe i'l lhave to change some things around. I just don't want every morning that we have to get up super early, eat and rush to a park first thing. i don't know......

The days you picked for each park are right on in IMHO.

My $.02.....

- If you are doing the DDP, I don't see a lot of sit downs on your itinerary. To get the most out of the plan, make sure to make your ADRs as early as possible and research menu value for both the adults and kids. I always like hitting Chef Mickey's the day we arrive as it gives the kids some one on one time with some characters and time to warm up to them before waiting in line at the parks to see them. Save DTD (and your energy) for later in the trip.

MON - I would consider adding the Beauty and the Beast Show, Playhouse Disney LIVE, Voyage of the Little Mermaid or the Stars and Motorcars Show depending on the tastes of your kids. Prime Time Cafe is a good place for a sit down at the studios and try and catch Fantasmic before leaving.

TUE - I would consider moving Crystal Palace to Wed. before you start your touring of MK since you are already going to Wolfgang Puck's in the evening.

WED - Just the suggestion above.

THUR - Get your Le Cellier ADRs setup ASAP as it fills up fast. maybe hit the Electric Umbrella for a good counter lunch in place of Coral Reef. Don't miss Illuminations. Also, make sure your parents don't miss the Pets Ahoy, Blue Horizons and Clyde and Seamore shows (get there early for this one) at Sea World. The kids will love these!!

FRI - Dinosaur has some scary stuff in it, so be aware for your DS6. I know you are not a thrill seaker, but Expedition Everest is a pretty mild, incredibly themed runaway train ride....I wouldn't miss it. Have DH run over to get FPs for that while the family makes their way to the Safari at opening.

That's all I have....make sure to plan your meals out so you can get the value out of your DDP. Looks like a great time!!!!

I have 5 sit downs and 7 counter service. I went over the menus and figured what we would get and with the ddp i'm still saving over $80 plus the snacks, so i'm good with that.

As far as MgM goes, i don't really want to be at the park all day into the night. The kids are 2 and 6 and i feel like a 6 hour day will be enough. I'd rather miss some things and not be too tired, though i should add in Playhouse Disney-that looks fun.
We want to DTD right at the beginning of the trip because ds wants the build your own lightsaber badly and loves legos more than anything.
I thought of putting a buffet at the start of a park tour, but i always feel bogged down and like crap after eating a buffet (even if i dont' eat a ton), so i'm not sure if that's the best thing to do right before, maybe i'll think about it though.
In general, is Dinosaur too scary for most 6 year olds? If so, i'l probaly skip that. Is Everest tamer or worse than Thunder Mountain? I can't even handle that......sad, but true :)

Thanks for the input so far...I would love to hear more.

In general, is Dinosaur too scary for most 6 year olds? If so, i'l probaly skip that. Is Everest tamer or worse than Thunder Mountain? I can't even handle that......sad, but true :) QUOTE]

So if you can't handle BTMR, I wouldn't do EE (but my DW is a ride wimp and loves EE). Dinosaur is loud and a not so friendly T-Rex pays a visit. Every kid is different, but I believe it to be to intense for my DS5 and DD7 for at least another year or 2.

Also, remember that gratuity is not included in the DDP for 08 so don't forget to account for the extra 15-20% at sit downs.

Have fun!

They are saying the new T-Rex restaurant is supposed to be open in downtown disney by that time....so that could be a lot of fun. Seems to be themed similar to Rainforest Cafe, but Pre-Historic.

I think your plan looks pretty good, AK can definitely be done by 2 or so. I think you have most of the rides that aren't 'thrill' rides. I really enjoyed the Stars and Motorcars show at MGM, plus it is a nice time to sit down and relax!

Remember it is ok to take breaks while you are there. Especially with a 2 y/o, going back for a nap might work to keep everyone fresh and maybe put things in the evening.

I would just make priority list for each park and do the best you can, but don't push it....otherwise you will just be miserable! (confession: my wife and I's first real fight after marriage was about my 'schedule' at WDW....I have calmed down now, but only after a lot of trips to get it out of my system :scared: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter