Calling all Elvis fans

Shel

<font color=6600CC>Keep those alligators under the
I don't remember seeing a thread about Elvis...

What's your favorite Elvis song? movie?
And do you remember where you were when you heard he died?

My favorite Elvis song is probably off of his Aloha - Via Satellite album, called "American Trilogy". But of course no one could ever sing "How Great Thou Art" like he could either.

My favorite Elvis movie was "Blue Hawaii" because my mom had that album & I knew all the songs on it from the time I was old enough to sing!

I was 16 years old & at church camp when I heard he died. I was one of those kids who didn't own any of his music until after he died....go figure. :crazy: My family teased me endlessly!:

Originally posted by Shel

Wait...when did this happen???? :p

My favorite Elvis song is "hound dog" :tongue:

My favorite Elvis movie is "Blue Hawaii"...I remember watching it about a million times with my grandma and I loved it!!

Well I wasn't even alive when Elvis died.

Just something kind of cool to add, my aunt went to one of his concert and now she has one of his scarves now. He must of threw it into the audience or something.

I met his daughter, Lisa Marie, recently and it's so amazing how much she looks like Elvis! It's kind of creepy in a way!

Elvis fan here. My favorite song is Mama Liked The Roses, don't have a favorite movie. I was outside with friends when I read in the paper that he had died. We were watching EMT workers remove the body of a neighbor.

Originally posted by Shel

No way is he dead. I saw Elvis last week getting gas, a dozen donuts and a bacon sandwich at the 7-11 last week. I asked him if he would sing but he just ran back to his car, got in and took off. I followed him for about a mile before he ran a red light and smoked his tires (the car smoked the tires, Elvis was not smoking). I kept yelling, "SING LOVE ME TENDER! SING LOVE ME TENDER!" but he wouldn't listen. Don't you just hate it when celebrities won't acknowledge their fans?

Jeff

Song - Can't Help Falling In Love

Movie - Blue Hawaii

At home with two oldest DSs when he died

Just got back from Jewel with DD where we purchased Edy's Elvis ice cream. Two different flavors - can't wait until after dinner to try it!!!

It's funny, I've never seen an Elvis movie, but Hound Dog is my favorite song.

An just a couple of weeks ago, I found an original copy of the Blue Hawaii LP record at the "Take it or Leave It" at the dump.

Now I ijust need someone to leave a record player.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Elvis.

Fave movie: Jailhouse Rock

Fave song: Depends on my mood. I can listen to ANY gospel song that he sings. I can't pick just one. Let me just say that I have practically wore out the Elvis #1 hits and the Gold CD in my car.

Where was I when he died: I was almost 6 years old. I was at the playground with my mom. Mom's friend Joyce came by to tell us the news. I was devastated.

No one in my family likes Elvis except for an aunt and a 2nd cousin. I don't remember a time not loving him.

I think Elvis is pretty cool. I especially like his Sun era recordings. After he came back from the army I thought he was less interesting. I don't know if I have ever watched more than 5-10 minutes of an Elvis movie.

Favorite songs: Mama liked the roses, In the ghetto, hound Dog, Love me tender etc. etc.
Didn't have a favorite movie. Used to love watching them all.
I was 12yo when he died. I was at the ladies house that I used to babysit for when I heard and I went home crying. My kids make fun of me now that I have 2 boyfriends: Goofy and Elvis!

I love ALL Elvis songs (almost) equally! I also love The American Trilogy, but I just can't pick one. They cater to all of my moods!

I haven't seen all of his movies, but I do enjoy Blue Hawaii.

I wasn't even a star in the sky yet when Elvis died, but I like to relive the Elvis years during Elvis Week in August on ... I don't remember what channel. I always watch the long movie, Elvis and Me, the Priscilla Presley Story or whatever it's called.

I wish I could have been around to hear such wonderful music as that which Elvis provided, now all we get is ... Well, you know. It just doesn't compare!

Ashley:wave2:

I love Elvis music "Always On My Mind" is one of my favorites, oh and 'Suspicious Minds". I was really young when Elvis died, but I do remember it.

My mother was born the same year as Elvis and was a huge fan, so we listened to the music and watched the movies when I was a child. I don't remember where I was when he died since I was way too cool for Elvis by that time. I think Elvis was extraordinarily talented but got some notoriously bad advice/handling/medical care. He had no idea how to handle fame and the people around him didn't help. His last years were very sad IMO.

There is a a serious two-volume biography of Elvis (Last Train to Memphis and Careless Love) that I would highly recommend. The first book especially gives you a wonderful idea of who Elvis was.

Favorite song: Probably "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You."

Suspicious Minds is my favorite Elvis song. Sorry, but I didn't care too much for his movies.

I was 13 and on vacation with my mom, sister, brother, aunt and her son and daughter in Seaside Heights, NJ. I was watching TV in one room and heard a report the some guy named Elvis was dead. I went in the other room to tell my mom and they just looked at me in shock.

"Elvis is NOT dead. He just went home." Tommy Lee Jones as Agent K in Men in Black

I love Elvis. One of a kind. I remember reading a biography of Elvis in the mid-seventies (prior to his death) that started like this: "America has given the world four things that are truly unique; Coca-Cola, baseball, Mickey Mouse::MickeyMo and Elvis Presley. And only one of them is human." I never forgot that line and even now, almost 27 years after his death, that still sounds just about right to me.

Favorite Song: I couldn't possibly pick just one but here's a few. Love Me, Don't Be Cruel, Suspicious Minds, How Great Thou Art, It's Midnight, Promised Land.

Favorite Movie: Well, admittedly, most of them were pretty lame but I still liked Blue Hawaii, Change of Habit and boy, did he look good in Flaming Star.

I was at my job at the mall when I learned of Elvis' death. I didn't do my job very well that day. I was pretty upset.

Ahhhhhh, nice thread. :D

Fave song: Can't help falling in love, followed by his Vegas version of Suspicious Minds!

Fave movie: Frankie & Johnny. "You done me wrong" ;)

I was on the 'EL' on the way back to my Grandma's after a (go figure) Cubs game and, I was devastated. I called my Mom to verify the HEADLINE and the announcement. :( It was announced during the game, but I never heard it (good thing I think).

I had just recently, the only time ever, seen him Live on stage at his last concert in Chicago. That is now a fond, fond memory.

Thanks for the nice thread. :sunny:

I was 12 years old also and spending the week with my grandmother when I heard. We were fan club members in the Atlanta chapter. My mom was devastated. I always tell everyone I never knew there was any other music except Elvis until I went to High School. All we ever listened to were Elvis records and 8-Tracks!:worship:

Favorite song - Always on My Mind

Favorite movie - Loving You

We miss The King:sad:

Favourite Elvis song: Wooden Heart, A Little Less Conversation.

Favourite Elvis song: of the few that I have seen probably Clambake.

I was still at Mom's breast when he died! :jester: I have no recollection of when I learned that he died-I've just always known that he was dead.

Elvis fan here!

Some favorites: Little Sister, Stuck on You, and Blue Christmas

Not sure about Fav movie. I like Girl Happy...most of the other popular ones too. Funny thing, i never really like any of the women he stars with though.

Wasn't even thought of when he "died" Wasn't born til '81.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter