Calling all Elementary teachers!

lthiesfeld07

Mouseketeer
I am a new teacher, and I was just hired to teach 3rd grade! I am very excited to start planning how I am going to decorate my room!

I want to incorporate Disney into some of my bulletin boards and am asking for some help! Have some of you done this?

Here are my ideas so far...
I have a tall skinny bulletin board outside my room and I thought I would do a "Soarin" theme. A saying along the lines of "Soarin' to Tower, we are ready for 3rd grade" right now I have hot air balloons to incorporate with this (one balloon for each student)

I want my job chart to be a Tomorrowland theme. Have each student have a rocket (Space Mountain) and try to think of "Space" sayings for the job assignments...

I want to do a "Star" of the week board to showcase one student a week. I could do a star of the week theme and incorporate Hollywood Studios. Or I could do a "Character" of the week and incorporate different characters...

That's all I have so far. Just wanted to see what other teachers do!

Thanks for any input!! :)

Oh that is really exciting!

Okay, I haven't done this yet with my classroom because I am currently sharing a room with another teacher. But, when I was doing some observations, a teacher did the Disney theme in a big way. She had murals all over the place...the castle, Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth.

Her students were arranged in 4 seating groups (each group was one of the parks)! How cool is that!?! They switched names on occasion so they could all visit each park.

Outside her class on the wall, the students names were written on gold/yellow stars. She had a cutout of Mickey and Minnie on each side and her students were Castmembers.

I took pictures of everything on my phone. If I can make DS go to bed so I can pry his fingers off the phone, I'll try to post them.

Those are AWESOME ideas!!! That gave me a great idea for cast member name pages for their lockers! I was going to do Mickey Ears, but maybe I'll do that somewhere else in the room.
I hope you can get pictures!! :cool1:

1343101961.jpg

171DE7D9-225F-4946-A1B7-C1F0F883C51A.jpg

0A2621CE-1D5F-4170-ABF1-187234B20C53.jpg

45FAE1EE-926F-497C-B5F4-2A298ED3C546.jpg

214618D0-C808-4019-8DB8-773B4F4FA2C0.jpg

7C35F9F8-2252-47F9-A101-F870748EFD4A.jpg

1343101839.jpg

1343101644.jpg

1343101643.jpg

1343101642.jpg

1343101640.jpg

Not a teacher, but love the idea of a Disney themed room. I haven't come across any yet with my kids, but I think I'd be giddy if I did.

Those posted pictures are great! My 8 year old said that's a great room when she saw those.

Good luck on designing your classroom.

lthiesfeld07 said:
Love this! Where did the pictures come from? I love 4 icons! I'd like to put those in my room.

They came from a wonderful teacher that I observed last year. She was super!

OMG...those murals are beautiful!!! I doing a Disney theme this yr for my T-1 class...so excited:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter