Calling all Disney dorks "What's a must have item when departing WDW?"

logpey

Disney or bust!
What item is a must every trip, I always bring home a new coffee mug and kitchen utensil's, so I can have Disney with me year round.:wizard:

Having a son with diagnosed OCD, have to say I hate it when people throw that term around when talking about being "organized". I know you didnt mean harm in it, but again having a son with this disorder TRUST me it's not fun and nothing to throw around lightly!

Now on to being "organized" about Disney packing...... Always have my over the door hanging shoe organizer to put in the bathroom and keep all my doo dads organized. Hairbands, medicine, and all stuff from the toiletry bag go in it.

Have a great trip!

Well for myself it always changes, DH sometimes doesnt even care to get anything but for my girls, we usually get my DD4 something Tinkerbell (her room theme) and something Minnie Mouse for DD2. She has the suitcase, purse, bookbag and pencil case and a few scrunchies.
Before I had kids I got a minnie mouse shot glass that my DD2 saw one time and demanded. Try explaining to a toddler why they can't have a shot glass.

Well for myself it always changes, DH sometimes doesnt even care to get anything but for my girls, we usually get my DD4 something Tinkerbell (her room theme) and something Minnie Mouse for DD2. She has the suitcase, purse, bookbag and pencil case and a few scrunchies.
Before I had kids I got a minnie mouse shot glass that my DD2 saw one time and demanded. Try explaining to a toddler why they can't have a shot glass.

HaHahehe-that's funny! Thank you.:thumbsup2

I get a hoodie. A really over-sized one, about twice the size I normally wear. :cloud9: Last trip I lucked out and could actually wear it there...it was that January 2010 cold snap.

I think the first two posters missed the word departing! It's not what you're bringing to WDW, guys.... it's what you're taking back! :rotfl:

Hmm.... honestly, it changes every time.

Used to, I wanted everything to have "Walt Disney World" or "Disneyland" on it... I wanted people to know I was actually there and didn't just buy a Mickey shirt from Target! :lmao: However, I never wear tee-shirts with logos except for athletic wear and sleep wear, so that was a really dumb choice for me!

Now... instead of buying trinkets, I try to get something that I will use. I'm a big fan of the Disney Dooney & Bourke purses. I have five, but I definitely use my over-the-shoulder sketch print bag the most. Before that, it was the tassel tote. I have the giant tote bag, and it's good for carrying a lot of things, but definitely not an every-day purse.

I think on my next trip, I'm going to bring home the over-the-shoulder balloon design D&B.

We've always got to have a Christmas ornament! It's fun at Christmas when we put up the WDW ornaments because we reminisce about the trip!

We also always have to get the Disney picture frame for a family pic from that year's trip.

AND, the kids of course always need a new Expedition Everest t-shirt!!

Can't wait to see what's new this year when we get there!

I almost always go into that little shop in morocco I believe and get a few little cute condiment dishes- the little ceramic ones. So silly, but I'm not a spender when it comes to souveniers so it's a fun little thing to pick up and have at home- useful! Hah!

I always get a Christmas ornament and something fun for the kitchen. My kids love the mickey head cookie cutter and ice cube tray. I always get the kids a new T-shirt too. A camera full of pictures is my favorite souvenier though!

We always try to get a magnet for the fridge, if possible one that has the year in it. We do this for every place we go. :thumbsup2

Also, I always get a pin I like and something Steamboat Willie related.

.A doo-dad with the year on it (it's like a key chain).
.Ornamnet with the year.
Lava lamp from Pop century arcade - that's won - not bought.
.Cups with the y:cool1::thumbsup2

I always get an ornament from the Christmas shop in DTD or HS. My husband always gets a handful of the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies for the trip home. They are yummy!

Always a Christmas Ornament with the year on it and a coffee mug. Usually the biggest one I can find!

I think the first two posters missed the word departing! It's not what you're bringing to WDW, guys.... it's what you're taking back! :rotfl:

Now... instead of buying trinkets, I try to get something that I will use. I'm a big fan of the Disney Dooney & Bourke purses. I have five, but I definitely use my over-the-shoulder sketch print bag the most. Before that, it was the tassel tote. I have the giant tote bag, and it's good for carrying a lot of things, but definitely not an every-day purse.

I think on my next trip, I'm going to bring home the over-the-shoulder balloon design D&B.

I am with you, I have 2 D & B wristlets. I get so many inquires as to where I "found" them.

Having a son with diagnosed OCD, have to say I hate it when people throw that term around when talking about being "organized". I know you didnt mean harm in it, but again having a son with this disorder TRUST me it's not fun and nothing to throw around lightly!

Now on to being "organized" about Disney packing...... Always have my over the door hanging shoe organizer to put in the bathroom and keep all my doo dads organized. Hairbands, medicine, and all stuff from the toiletry bag go in it.

Have a great trip!

Did you reply to the wrong post? :confused3

Some Mickey Head Krispy treats for the ride home!
Soup Spoons- don't ask. I always have to pocket the soup spoons when we go out to eat!
And I suppose this year we will be bringing home Duffy, since DS has every other incarnation of the Disney Bear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter