Calling all Dec 2005 Contemporary guests!

erinz

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Starting to get excited? I am! :banana:

I just thought it would be fun to hear about everyone's plans for the trip.

When will you be at the CR? Any special plans?

I am SO EXCITED about staying at the CR! My husband loves to sleep in, so my DD and I will just get up and take off to MK or Epcot on the monerail. Or, anytime during the week if we want, we can just stroll over to the MK to do some shopping or have a bite. :hyper:

We will be checking into the CR (Atrium Club) on Dec 3rd (well.....our plane actually arrives at midnight)

The first day we are just going to hang out....probably go to DTD in the afternoon. We'll be having dinner at the Concourse Steakhouse, and THEN off to MVMCP!! :dancer:

I'm going nuts though waiting for the Dec hours to come out. I want to plan our park days NOW!! :badpc:

How about the rest of you guys? :wave2:

Hi Erinz,

I'm not going in December but I'll be there at the Contemporary in January, 2006. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Have a great time and enjoy the Contemporary. I love that hotel. And have fun at MVMCP too. We went to MVMCP in 2004. It was the highlight of our trip. Here's a tip that we discovered. When you get into the park most of the crowd will be in Tomorrow Land. If you go to Adventure Land you'll have the park mostly to yourself. We started in Tomorrow Land but when the crowd got to be too much we went over to Adventure Land and worked our way around counter-clockwise. We were able to go on everything with no line and that includes Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which we walked onto 4 times with no line. It's very cool riding Big Thunder Mountain at night. Wow, now I'm excited for you. Have a great time and post a trip report when you get back.

Doriemg

doriemg said:
Hi Erinz,

I'm not going in December but I'll be there at the Contemporary in January, 2006. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Have a great time and enjoy the Contemporary. I love that hotel. And have fun at MVMCP too. We went to MVMCP in 2004. It was the highlight of our trip. Here's a tip that we discovered. When you get into the park most of the crowd will be in Tomorrow Land. If you go to Adventure Land you'll have the park mostly to yourself. We started in Tomorrow Land but when the crowd got to be too much we went over to Adventure Land and worked our way around counter-clockwise. We were able to go on everything with no line and that includes Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which we walked onto 4 times with no line. It's very cool riding Big Thunder Mountain at night. Wow, now I'm excited for you. Have a great time and post a trip report when you get back.

Doriemg

Oops! I didn't see your post before I posted my second reply! Thanks for the reply! The way you do MVMPC is alot like the way we do it! Adventureland, Fronteirland, Liberty Square first. And then around 10:30 we head on over to Fatasyland and Tomorrowland.

Still can't believe it's really going to happen! :earseek:

Hi Erinz!

We will be there 12/3 CR concierge too!!! I think we're on the 10th floor because of moving 12th floor concierge down temporarily.

Maybe we'll run into you there! We're there until the 10th.

Have a great time!!!!

Hi Insider,

I have made reservations to stay at the Contemporary 1/1/06 to 1/6/06, but I have been hearing a lot of "mixed" reviews of the resort. I chose it because of the convenient location and Kingdom view. Now I am consideriing changing to another resort. What would be your thinking? I feel I am spending too much money (doing the trip as Christmas gift for kids/grandkids) to stay someplace not guaranteed to be really nice. I booked a tower room with MK view. Sounds like you could have the inside track on status.

Thanks for any help from anyone!!

I can tell you that the CR is excellent! We stayed there in May and loved every m inute of it! The location alone is worth it. Walk to the MK Monorail to Epcot. Chef Mickeys. Electric water parade. We are goig to WDW 12/15 - 12/19 for a suprise Bday party for our girls. I wish we could afford the CR but we are going to stay at Pop, POR or POFQ. Depending on how much more they will be over Pop. You are gonna love the CR :flower:

We will be there Dec.1 for one night before we go on our cruise. We will be in the tower. Hoping for a MK view!

We're doing CM's Dec. 2 for breakfast. Hope to see some Disers.

Lori

Hi all-i'm a long time lurker but I had to reply!

I'm taking my parents Dec. 7-13 and we'll be at CR Tower Club for the second half (AKL concierge first half)! I'm so excited!! We're counting the days... :hourglass

jcamacam said:
Hi Erinz!

We will be there 12/3 CR concierge too!!! I think we're on the 10th floor because of moving 12th floor concierge down temporarily.

Maybe we'll run into you there! We're there until the 10th.

Have a great time!!!!

Yeah! I replied to another one of your posts on another thread. :goodvibes

I'm so excited about the rennovated rooms I can't stand it! I'm not going to tell my DH until we get there. :banana:

OK, here is what I've concluded.....

All but 5 rooms in the CR in Dec are being held for some huge convention...... :earseek:

msagent said:
Hi Insider,

I have made reservations to stay at the Contemporary 1/1/06 to 1/6/06, but I have been hearing a lot of "mixed" reviews of the resort. I chose it because of the convenient location and Kingdom view. Now I am consideriing changing to another resort. What would be your thinking? I feel I am spending too much money (doing the trip as Christmas gift for kids/grandkids) to stay someplace not guaranteed to be really nice. I booked a tower room with MK view. Sounds like you could have the inside track on status.

Thanks for any help from anyone!!

I love the Contemporary! The resort is the oldest resort on property, and it shows a little, but it is the original! If you are booked in the tower for January than there is a good chance you will have a renovated room, and in my opinion they are the best rooms on property! The Contemporary also has the largest standard rooms at Disney. (436 sq. ft.) Not to mention the only indoor monorail station! As many of the Contemporary faithful Guests say, “once you stay at the Contemporary, you never stay anywhere else!”

Little Sazzo and I will be doing a Mommy/DD trip at the CR all by ourselves from 12/20 to 12/23! We are very excited to do all the parks, MVMCP, CP, Osborne Family Lights, Santas Around the World Showcase, and all the Wonderful WDW Holiday decorations! :bounce:

We are so excited...I guess I am excited, because Little Sazzo won't find out she is going until 12/20! :goodvibes

See you there! :wave:

We'll be at the CR on 12/2 and 12/3 before moving over to BV. Looking forward to Tower room with MK view. My kids will love it. Just today my DS was bragging about how close the castle was when we stayed at Poly. Can you imagine their faces when we open the curtains. Three more months I can't wait.

I want desperately to join you at the CR in December--but I can't get a room!! Do they ever release rooms that are being held for conventions when it gets closer to travel dates??

My family and I will be there from 12/15 to 1/3/2006 tower room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter