• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all coupon addicts - what do you use to store your coupons?

For years I used the binder with baseball card pages. But since I am not a big grocery store shopper I have stared filing whole inserts by the date.

Also have a file for any coupons just for each of the drug stores I shop.

CVS, Walgreens, and Rite-Aide is where most of my coupon shopping is done. I check the ads online and clip coupons as I need them. Normally slickdeals , hotcouponworld, etc. will have the coupon match-up listed with date and source. Those coupons go in a small plastic accordian style folder sorted by store.

Clipping and sorting takes more time than I want to spend. The only down side is you do not have coupons on hand if you come across a good deal. When that happens I make myself a note of the deal and store. Will go back later.
That's what I do...and then I use hotcouponworld to find out what insert date the coupon I want is.

takes me about 10 minutes to find and cut all the coupons I want.

oh, I store all the weekly coupon inserts in file folders by date, and in a reusable shopping bag.

I use two different things. I use a small 8 or 10 section accordian file (the size of a fat wallet) labeled with my store names. That is what I take into the store with me.

For the bulk of my coupons, they are stored in a plastic storage box I bought at Walmart for about $3-$4. It's one of those rectangle storage containers with the colorful snap lid. That is filled with about 80 legal size envelopes -- my labeling system works (and makes sense for me). I learned that is is better for me to have many less-stuffed envelopes that only a few over-stuffed envelopes.

I do not take the storage container into the store but since it has a handle on the lid, it would be possible. I leave the container in the car and can run out, if necessary.

I used the binder/card sleeves for a while but found that it took too much time to clip the coupons small enough to fit into the little sleeves. It also took too much time to weed through them at the end of the month and pull the expired coupons from each little sleeve.

Oh, I forgot. There is about an inch or inch 1/2 between the envelopes and the lid, so I can just toss my uncut inserts in the same container. They can sit there together (as opposed to all over my house lol) until I get around to clipping them.

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter