Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Hi everyone! :flower3: I think the interview at the Disney Store went well! The manager has a part time lead position open but nothing full time :( We chatted about that position as well as the seasonal. She said she has about 5 seasonal positions open and has one more group interview next week set up. There were 8 of us today so obviously not everyone will get hired. I'm really keeping my fingers and toes crossed b/c i'm so passionate about disney. I really hope i get it. Anywho, feeling a tad better today. Think I'm gonna call the doc tomorrow. See what he has to say.

Mac ~Welcome Back!! Hope the parentals have been doing well since you have been gone.

ID ~ Is Benet Academy the HS associated with Benedictine University? I hope DD likes it!

Everyone ~ :wave2: hope everyone is doing well!

Hi everyone. Only have a moment than I have to run to get DD from her youth group meeting at church. The festival was a bit of a disappointment since we were spoiled with the one up north being so much bigger and grander. It was quite simple and small but since the town itself is very small I suppose that was to be expected.

There was only 2 flea market booths, a few rides, 3 games, 2 snack trailers, one tent with brats, hot dogs and taco in a bag and one trailer with ice cream. One stage with locals entertaining the crowd. A parade of locals throwing out some candy. All and all it was nice. I suppose once we get to know the people better we will "fit in" better and enjoy ourselves more.

Thank you for the well wishes on the selling of our house up north. So far it seems to be going well. Will see. The closing is suppose to be on the 25th. Hope all goes smooth. Better run. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

HI all- :wave2:

I have been MIA a few months.
Have alot going on at home. My DD, Chrissy, had open heart surgery at Children's Memorial Hospital in September. She was due to have surgery.
She had her surgery, got out of the hospital in 6 days, and then 2 days later, she ended up with a fever, so they re-admitted her back in at Children's for 4 days. Ended up her fever was due to conjunctivitis of both eyes. Blessed that she did not have anything worse than that.
It is now about 5 and half weeks since her heart surgery and recovering well!
She went back to school about close to 3 weeks ago. Her doctors said it was okay to go back to school soon after surgery, but is not back in gym class just yet. She really had a hard time getting back to school, emotionally, as she doesn't like school, so was pretty difficult for her.

Stitchfans- you have been in my thoughts and prayers with your situation.

Mac- welcome back!

Tiggerrn- Congrats to your DD making the Joffrey ballet/Nutcracker!

DonnaW- hope all is well with your feet. I have plantar fascitis, too. I have the expensive orthotics that I put in my gym shoes. Had them for about 16 years? Tho when I wear sandals/ crocs, my feet do hurt when I switch over to my gym shoes, and vice versa.

Slo- keeping you in my prayers, with your upcoming foot surgery and about Stephanie.

Geffric- hope your feet are doing better.

Hi to all!

Rosemarie

Please Note - All times listed are for the Eastern Time Zone. Adjust
accordingly.

---

On Monday October 18, 2010 from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM on the Travel Channel is

Extreme Waterparks
Cameras explore some of the wildest and largest waterparks around
the country, including those that take the title as the largest
outdoor park and the largest indoor park; vacationers enjoy the sun at
Disney's Blizzard Beach in Florida

---

On Saturday October 23, 2010 from 06:30 AM to 07:00 AM on Teen Nick (The N) is

Full House - The House Meets the Mouse, Part 1
Jesse lands a gig playing in Disney World and the whole family
decides they'll come along; Michelle wins a contest electing her
princess for a day.

----

On Saturday October 23, 2010 from 07:00 AM to 07:30 AM on Teen Nick (The N) is

Full House - The House Meets the Mouse, Part 2
Michelle feels very lonely during her adventures around Disney
World without the rest of the Tanner family there with her, and when
Stephanie finally finds her, she becomes annoyed by her sister's
really depressing behavior.

---

just a drive by so to speak..

I see the foot dr Friday, PT 2 times per week, foot is getting better, turned in the roll a bout and just use the boot..

went back to work friday for 2 hours and Sat for 4.. boy was i tired after the 4 of standing on my foot.. this week I have friday, sat again.. and training on wed and thursday..

Stich - glad your house sold.. and a lesson i learned in KC.. lower you expectations of a crowd.. but smaller is better in many ways..

Mac ~Welcome Back!! Hope the parentals have been doing well since you have been gone.

DonnaW and SLO - hope the foot heals.. it is so interesting what you cannt do without a foot..

DG - hope Disney comes through for you.. ( I am at woodfield.)

Rose - glad chrissey is coming along fine know.

Happy Friday everyone! :flower3: I had to break out the long pea coat this morning... it was only 36 degrees according to the radio! I've been wearing a short peacoat for about a week now and yesterday I was just too cold walking to work. :laughing: I have decided to go back to school... some of you may remember I tried this once before when I first joined the DIS. Well, since I've been in my new position at work I have been able to utilize some of my photoshop skills and find myself really enjoying it. I've done some research on careers and what not and have decided to get a degree in graphic design. I have a lot of options there and I think in the long run I will be much happier doing that than what I currently do! So classes start monday! I was joking with mike that after a semester or two I can apply for the disney college program and do an internship in imagineering.... he laughed and said we will see!

Geffric ~ I knew you worked for the disney store but couldn't remember which one. do you like it there? is everyone a big disney fan? i think you need to be to work there ya know? in my interview group, it seemed everyone else was there just for a seasonal job and I was there b/c i really love disney and want to be a part of the magic! we will see what happens!

mac ~ thanks for the listings!

rose ~ good luck to your dd with her recovery.:wizard: I can't imagine having to go back to school so quickly after a major surgery.

stitch ~ bummer the festival was bit of a let down. still keeping you in my thoughts for a smooth closing with your house.

everyone ~ :wave2:
hope to see some old familiar faces around here pop by and update us on how you are... eh hem... Sk8Leigh... Bunchy.... Kim... Piglet...

Hi everyone! I am not on the DIS much anymore, but thought I should drop in and say hello.

I am offically done at TDS. I went on medical leave back in June for a hi pproblem and since it is not any better, and they need to hire for Holidays, I choose to step dpwn altogether.

DG ~ Which store did you interview at? I hope you get the job because it is an awesome place to work when you love Disney. I truly miss interacting with the guests and my fellow cast members.

Hi everyone! I am not on the DIS much anymore, but thought I should drop in and say hello.

I am offically done at TDS. I went on medical leave back in June for a hi pproblem and since it is not any better, and they need to hire for Holidays, I choose to step dpwn altogether.

DG ~ Which store did you interview at? I hope you get the job because it is an awesome place to work when you love Disney. I truly miss interacting with the guests and my fellow cast members.

Sorry to hear you had to step down. I interviewed at Orland Park. It's right near my home so it is also quite convienent! I hope the manager will find room for me there!

Orland is a great store, I got to know many of the CMs there from working at Chicago Ridge. Who is the manager there now?

Happy Sunday fellow Chicagoland Dis-ers! :flower3: Just got a call from TDS, got a seasonal position!!!:banana: I'm very excited! I go next Sunday to fill out the paperwork then the following week for orientation! The manager said she had mentioned me to her district manager in case anything full time opens up! Well, gotta run! I just wanted to update my homies here with the good news! :goodvibes Hope everyone is doing well!

5.gif

congrats!!

congrats on the job DG!!:thumbsup2 Hope everyone enjoyed this most beautiful Sunday and got outside for some sunshine!!
Rose, glad to hear Chrissy is doing well.
geffric, hope the foot continues to heal up well.
Stitch, good luck with the closing tomorrow. I hope it goes off without a hitch.
Mac, welcome home. Thanks, as always for the listings. Waiting for pix :rolleyes1 of the trip. And a mini report.
Best get moving with the rest of the lovely day.

I think I have posted here before and I wanted to say hi! Enjoying the warm temps we have been having and looking forward to our trip next week!:woohoo: Anyways have a great day everyone!:thumbsup2

congrats on the job DG!!:thumbsup2 Hope everyone enjoyed this most beautiful Sunday and got outside for some sunshine!!
Rose, glad to hear Chrissy is doing well.
geffric, hope the foot continues to heal up well.
Stitch, good luck with the closing tomorrow. I hope it goes off without a hitch.
Mac, welcome home. Thanks, as always for the listings. Waiting for pix :rolleyes1 of the trip. And a mini report.
Best get moving with the rest of the lovely day.

Thanks. Forgot to mention the buyer asked for an extension. He needed a few extra days to secure his loan. The extension is set for the 28th. Not sure how much longer after that the closing will be?:confused3

I am so touched that you actually remembered the date though.

I am fighting depression due to how tight the money is and many hounding me for payment. I don't have the rent money for this house we are living in which is due the first of November. Yes, of course we can pay it off once the money comes through.

Hi all!!! :wave:

How has the storm been by all of you?

The storm here has been weak - certainly not the storm of the century:sad2:

The day started out rainy, grey, and windy, but the afternoon was sunny, temps not to bad, and windy.

We were prepared around here to feel like we should board our windows, and that never happened:sad2: I feel like I've experienced much windier days around here in the past.

I hope you are all okay during this weather - I know the storm has been worse the farther north you go.

Have a good day!!! :wave:

Hi guys! Been unusually busy around here the past week. MIL was in the hosp for nearly a week due to severe anemia, they never found a source of possible bleeding. :confused3 She's home now but needs 24hr care as she is very, very weak. Poor DH has been frazzled. DH is interviewing for a new job within his company today, fingers crossed he gets it! Kids are busy with school, dance, sports and Halloween anticipation.

slo - we weren't hit with bad storms either. It was windy but nothing damaging.

stitichfans - hoping all goes well tomorrow and that the buyer has secured their financing. Hoping your stress with end soon.

dgr1973 - Welcome!

disneygal - congrats on TDS job! How exciting!!
- yes, Benet Academy is associated with Benedictine Univ. DD liked the open house there. We've also been to Fenwick and Montini. Going to be a tough decision.....

piglet - so sorry you had to give up your position at TDS, hoping your hip heals soon.

geffric - hope the foot is continuing to improve

mac - thanks for the listings

roseprincess - hope your DD is continuing to do well, amazing what they can do so quickly after surgery these days!

Well, my break is over guess I have to get back to work. ;) This house looks like a dump, just been too busy with running to/from the hospital and all the other activities. Time to make it a little presentable. Have a great day all! :flower3:

if you travel further north by the state line, you will see damage.

our winds have not let up yet.

we only lost 4 big tree branches so far..........

in a neighboring town, a woman was impaled in her car.
wind blew a tree down as she was driving down the road.

yikes!

Happy Saturday Everyone! :flower3: Last night DH and I went out to dinner to a restuarant we've never been too. I walked in and said 'mmmmm... smells like Disney' DH looked at me and said 'I was thinking the same thing but wasn't going to say it'. :laughing: It was a BBQ place and smelled just like the Wilderness Lodge's Whispering Canyon Cafe. It was delicious. Today we are going to get a second pumpkin so we can carve them up. I've never carved a pumpkin so this is very exciting for me! Then tomorrow is the BIG day.... I go fill out my paperwork at TDS!!! Orientation is this week, I can't wait!

Mac ~ Thanks for the dancing congrats! I hope your home survived the wind storm.

Tigg ~ Thanks for the congrats. I'm very excited!

dgr ~ thanks for stopping by! hope you are doing well.

stitch ~ hope the closing went well. :wizard:

slo ~ nice to see you around here again! :goodvibes

ID ~ I saw your post the other day and my fingers have been crossed for your DH and MIL. Hope all is going well.

Everyone ~ :wave2: have a wonderful and safe weeken!!!

:sad2:buyers lawyer contacted my lawyer. he wants another extension to secure his loan. another week. sure hope this is not a bad sign. :confused::sad2:

getting nervous and depressed. had to get a cash advance from our credit card to pay the rent. down to $60. faith is not as strong. DH is not totally well. he is still spending money we do not have on who knows what? Sure need something positive to happen.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and a great Halloween. Around here they do not celebrate Halloween like up north. Hardly any one decorated and I bet we won't get a single trick or treater.

DD is going with some of her new friends to Harrisburg to the section where the doctors and lawyers live this evening. The girls told her that they give out the best candy and sometimes even money. One of the girls said she got $50 from one lawyer. Not sure if I believe her. :laughing::confused:

Either way at least she is getting out and having some fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter