• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Canucks! Help!

I hadn't really thought about driving, but that's not a bad idea. I just mapped the drive from Edmonton to Anaheim, and it has you drive right through Salt Lake City, where we're from. So we might be able to make it a longer trip and visit family on the way! Or we could even drive down to Salt Lake, stay with family a couple of days, then catch a cheap flight to DLR. Lots of possibilities!

Is Edmonton a hub for any airlines? Even though JetBlue has become our favorite when flying to DLR, we usually end up flying Delta anywhere else, just because SLC is a Delta hub.

What about flights out of Calgary? Are there any better options there, just because it's a bit bigger?

I really can't thank you all enough for your help! I really appreciate it! If any of you ever decide to come visit the national parks in Utah (or anything else here for that matter) please feel free to message me! I would love to help in any way I can!

Yes, Edmonton has a ton of flights. It is the capital of Alberta, so we have the same selection (if not more) than Calgary.

IMO it wouldn't be worth flying to Calgary to get a flight....they are almost the same price as out of Edmonton but then you have to drive for 3 hours on top of that.

But the drive is worth serious consideration. I think last August it cost us about $500 round trip for gas. Much better than $2000 for flights.

We drive too (we are in Vancouver, not Edmonton) and it saves a ton. Packages are stupid expensive from Canada and even flying out of Bellingham (the biggest US town with an airport from us) does not have the best deals as some people think.

Just curious, how long does it take you to drive? My BIL was thinking about doing it with his family.

Notellin' - we usually book a little later and we seem to have good luck. For that December trip we booked mid October for the second week of December. And since we don't have kids we can play around with the dates to find the best deal as we aren't tied to a specific time that we have to go.

In fact, for our end of September trip I remember we booked it the third week of August. Hubby was having a bad day at work and called me to ask if I could get time off at the end of September. The second I said yes he hit submit and the trip was booked!!

And yes, that would be a great trip for you KateDrake. Combine a Disney trip with a family visit!

Just curious, how long does it take you to drive? My BIL was thinking about doing it with his family.

Someone else already answered but I agree with them! It will take us 2.5 days. We are leaving on Saturday morning and should be in Anaheim by late Monday afternoon (allowing for insane SoCal traffic of course LOL). This time we are stopping in the Medford area overnight and the Sacramento area overnight before hitting Anaheim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter