• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all Bluezoo fans!!!

WDWFANCBIIIME

DIS Veteran
Okay so I have gone back and forth on Bluezoo for a long time however I think I am going to take the plunge and book it for my upcoming trip... I really hope I do not regret it... I know there is a big following here on the boards so what do you all suggest??? I was slightly disappointed with Shula's so I have been really hesitant about Bluezoo / Il Mulino but I am now planning on both so I would REALLY appreciate your help!!! Please give me your suggestions so I can enjoy it as much as all of you :)

Thank you in advance I really look forward to your responses!!!

I'm glad you posted this & am really interested/excited about what responses will be. We have our 1st disney trip planned for November & I booked both Il Mulino & Bluezoo, too. (bluezoo for my 40th b-day). They both sound amazing!

What do you want to know? There are usually several specials every evening depending on what fresh fish the chef was able to get so it's hard to say what's the best. I've been so many times that I've had everything on the standard menu so I usually order one of the specials.

The scallop and pork rib appetizer is one of the best courses at any restaurant at WDW, including V&A (where I've dined many times also). However, it's large and very rich (you get two scallops). So if I get this, I usually split it or have it for my entree.

The raw bar is excellent for appetizers. Just make sure to bring plenty of $$ as it's expensive. I always have a few oysters since I don't have much opportunity to get fresh ones. I think they are $3 each here.

Out of the entrees on the regular menu, I enjoy the Cantonese lobster and the swordfish the best. The dancing fish is a spectacular presentation as they filet it tableside.

Bluezoo has an award winning pastry chef so I try to have dessert here (not much of a dessert eater). The best I've had was a special that was a chocolate peanut butter bar. The truffles were very good too.

A real highlight of this restaurant are the drinks. The mixologists here make an assortment of incredible martinis. My favorite is the Serenity. If you like bubble gum flavor, try the Bazooka.

I've read that conventions sometimes make this restaurant busy/noisy but I have never experienced that. The only night that there was any noise was last year when Chef English was hosting a large group of his friends at the table next to us (although he was gracious enough to come to our table and chat with us and take photos). Other than this one time, the atmosphere has always been quiet and very adult.

I can't speak about the non-fish dishes offered because I've never tried them.

I also enjoy Il Mulino but not as much as bluezoo. Part of it is the environment because Il Mulino is not as upscale/quiet. However the food is good, portions are huge. Since you get an amuse bouche, I never get an appetizer, it's just too much. I usually can't finish even half of my entree as it is. The tiramisu is very good so we usually split a piece of it between the table. You also get complimentary lemoncello but I skip it.

Thank you this is what I was looking for!!! These are the last two sigs I haven't eaten at (except VandA) this is what I wanted to hear I'm going to be here for magical dining month so I'm planning on that as well as the scallop appetizer :) I really appreciate this! Any others???

DH and I ate at Bluezoo two trips ago and it was amazing. I had the scallop and shortrib app(delish!). The whole dinner was just so yummy and we would return in a heartbeat. We try to try a different restaurant on each trip so we haven't made it back yet. I hope you enjoy your meal there. Let us know the outcome.

helpmejenny

We ate there for the first time on the last trip in June. I wouldn't say it is necessarily a quiet place, it just depends on the convention crowds and with 2 kids, we generally eat on the early-side for dinner.
I'm not very fond of fish so I'm sure you'll ask, "Why did you bother to go there then?". Well our server suggested the Miso Glazed Mero which is a Hawaiian Sea Bass. It was nice and caramelized and sweet. It was a meatier fish and very filling. I know the Hubs had some oysters and enjoyed them. He also had the Dirty South Swordfish and enjoyed it too. The kids had the fish sticks and maybe the chicken...can't remember but they ate well ;)
The drink were great...I had the smoking sangria but would try something else next time and Hubs had the Barrel Aged Manhattan and loved it.
At the end of it, we would definitely go again on another trip.

My favorites are the Scallop and Short Rip appetizer and the swordfish or dancing fish for my main. The Cantonese Lobster is really good but is a splurge. For dessert, I try to order whatever is new on the menu.

We love the Beet Salad which is on the Magical Dining menu. Younger DD always orders the Haricot Verts; she especially loves the truffle aioli. I am in agreement with all that Pakey said!!:)

The podcast guys just did a video on their review of Bluezoo, if you want to check it out. They had pictures of their meals.

Overall, they said the food was good but extremely overpriced and the portions were small. Apps were $18 or so, and not sized for sharing. 3 people ate and each got an app, entree and dessert, no drinks, for $275 I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter