Calling all Beefeaters!

Where's the Beef??

• California Grill

• Yachtsman Steakhouse

• Concourse Steakhouse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chantilly

Mouseketeer
I need a little help choosing a restaurant for my carnivorous friend this fall.

She's had a bit of a rough year so I'm taking her to WDW for some much needed carefee-ness and one of her favorite things is to sit down to a nice glass of wine and a side of beef. :laughing: So, my question for all y'all beef-lovers is, which would you choose - Cali Grill, Yachtsman or Concourse SH?

I'm fine with any of them - they all have chicken! - but I want her to have some goooood cow! :banana:

Thanks! :hippie:

I really like Kona Cafe for steak they have a few options and they are all great. I love the teryaki steak.
It seems every disney restaurant has steak now.

I did not like Concoarse at all and have been to Yachtsman a few times and it was alway fabulous but I haven't been there is a few years.

I would rate my favorite steak places as
1 -Kona
2 -Yachtsman
3 -Le Cellier

Thanks! I have to admit, I'm leaning toward Cali - mainly because I've always thought it'd be just soooo cool to eat there! :banana: But I think this dinner will also be at the end of a full day at AK so I don't want to be too tired to enjoy it!

Does anyone know how late Yachtsman serves?

I voted for the Yachtsmen because of two things. Good meat and good wine. OK, three. Excellent service and an adult atmosphere. There will be kids there but it's more upscale. You can make a nice evening out of it with dressing up a bit and then going over to the Boardwalk for a bit.

The infamous Le Cellier is good for the price, but my favorite steak is at the Flying Fish!

Shula's has excellent cow also.

Out of the three listed I went with YSH for multiple beef choices.

Now both Jiko & Flying Fish have a wonderful steak but if you want to go for the full cow, go to Shula's at the Dolphin. Best steak on Disney property IMO.

The Yachtsman's Bourbon Steak all the way... Yes... We generally will go here on a AK day or a none park day and make a nice evening with no kids and walk the boardwalk. And I also have to agree with who ever said GOOD WINE...

Then (you did not mention this one) Le Cellier's Surf and Turf... That is my second choice.. We generally will do that for a late lunch being we are in the park and then later in the evening scoot over to Beaches and Cream for a massive dessert and then back just in time for Illuminations being we will be right there at the back of the park.

Okay that's 2 mentions of the wine at Yachtsman. I am a wine girl so that may just sway me and I'm sure multiple beef choices will make her :banana:

We're staying at Poly so Kona will definitely be visited!

Thanks for all the opinions! Now if I can just get her to put her work aside for a few hours to talk about vacation!! :dance3:

I need a little help choosing a restaurant for my carnivorous friend this fall.

Thanks! :hippie:

The best steak on disney property is at Flying Fish..the New York Strip is outstanding. Also the Filet with mac/cheese at Jiko is outstanding.

CA Grill is great all the way around.

Yachtsman..if she is a true beefeater will be truley disappointed both with the food and the service.

Have only had breakfast at Concourse.

I think the food and the wine are great at both. But...if I had to pick one it would be the Cali Grill. The atmosphere is wonderful and you can not beat the view. If you are into it the sushi is AWSOME. Wine + sushi + steak + a GREAT View of MK=One Fantastic dinner! Try to make an ADR ASAP, Cali Grill fills up fast.

The wine list at the California Grill is hard to beat. If your friend is equally enamoured of both steak and a good red wine to pair with it, I'd go there.

David

OK...I vote for the Yachtsman because you wanted someplace that has great steak...this is it! Here is how I would rate the BEEF options:

#1 Yachtsman
#2 Le Cellier
#3 Kona

I LOVE California Grill.:love: Its one of my favorites at WDW, however....just not for steak.:o

Hmmm... I'm sensing a trend. ;)

I took a peek inside when I stayed at the Beach Club last year and I liked the looks of it so I'm thinking Yachtsman it is. But how are the desserts? :love:

Hmmm... I'm sensing a trend. ;)

I took a peek inside when I stayed at the Beach Club last year and I liked the looks of it so I'm thinking Yachtsman it is. But how are the desserts? :love:

First I must say that the Chateaubriand for two at the Yachtsman is fabulous. They have a great dessert sampler for two as well. And the brussel sprouts with bacon butter are to die for.

Thanks! I have to admit, I'm leaning toward Cali - mainly because I've always thought it'd be just soooo cool to eat there! :banana: But I think this dinner will also be at the end of a full day at AK so I don't want to be too tired to enjoy it!

Does anyone know how late Yachtsman serves?

I know it is not on your poll but I would highly recommend Jiko at AKL. The chicken flatbread, tenderloin and mac and cheese and chocolate pistachio creme brulee was the best meal I have ever eaten anywhere!!!! I love Jiko so much that when I stay at AKL for 3 nights in December I am eating there twice.(I have to save one night for Boma):rotfl: You will be at AK that day anyway so it will be convenient. Please give Jiko a chance, I am sure you won't be disappointed!!!!!!:)

DH and I have had great steak at both Concourse and CA grill. We have never tried Yachtsman before...but after reading everyone's posts about it, this we might give it a try this time around Thanks!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter