• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling all April Boston vacationers, how well did you all do on your flights?

Yikes. this is our first time going this week. Flights are currently mega-expensive. We're going 4/17 to 4/24. Ugh. I keep hoping the prices will go down. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Yikes. this is our first time going this week. Flights are currently mega-expensive. We're going 4/17 to 4/24. Ugh. I keep hoping the prices will go down. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wait, you don't have your flights yet?? We've been going for 10 years on this school vacation week, trust me, what you see now is what you'll get. They will not come down. Good luck.

Wait, you don't have your flights yet?? We've been going for 10 years on this school vacation week, trust me, what you see now is what you'll get. They will not come down. Good luck.

Well, we decided to go 2 evenings ago. Prices haven't moved much since then, but bing travel predicts the price will fall. you can get there by going to http://www.farecast.com/
Lowest fares will Drop $47 - $197 | 81% confidence
Lowest fares will Rise $30 - $115 | 15% confidence
Lowest fares will Stay within $15 | 4% confidence

Honestly, if I could get good times with a similar price now, I'd buy. Unfortunately all the "low fare" which is twice as much as most of you paid, I'd be flying in late at night.

Have Airtran for August 16-30 am hoping i get to book a SWA flight since i dont wanna do a stop and can call Disney and get my money back from the airtran flight since it was supposed to be direct but now it wont be cuz airtranchanged their schedule

Well, it's like rubbing salt in my own, still-open wound, but I'll jump in: paid $1170 (OUCH, it hurts to type it!) for 3 of us on SWA, PVD-MCO, Sun. 4/18-Mon. 4/26. At least they're desirable times--Non-stop at 9:15 a.m. on the departure and non-stop again at 1:20 p.m. on the return.

I say "wound" because I bought the day SWA opened their flights, but being new to flying on a school vacation week, I had no idea what a mad-dash, every-man-for-himself experience it would be. (I felt like I was at some kind of virtual midnight madness sale and I was lying on the ground, trampled and stunned, at 12:01. :rotfl:)

As I'm at work and unfortunately busy, I tried to keep going back to the SWA screen to search for flights on various days all around the weekends of vacation week, but everytime I plugged in a search the prices just kept going up and up and up! I was literally watching flights being booked out from under me by the second. :eek:

I actually got so disgusted and frustrated, I said "Forget it, we're just not going then!" (My mature side emerging.) By the time my husband talked me off the ledge, I grudgingly bought the tickets around dinner time. Now I consider myself pretty travel-savvy, but I was so mad at myself for not realizing I had to JUMP on them the minute they came out, and I am still smarting. (Can you tell?)

But, by the following day, those same flights would've been $1,800 for all of us, and now they're just plain not available...

Just wait 'til next year. You can bet I will be perched at my keyboard, armor on, helmet on, shields up!

I had to laugh when I read your post, because it is soooo true. My friend was trying to book one year, wouldn't you know she could not get ahold of her hubby at the time of booking and she did not want to book without his blessing. Flights were creeping up in price by the minute. By the time she finally got a hold of him she ended up having to go Monday to Monday instead of Saturday to Saturday. In the long run, she was not that heart broken as Monday to Monday worked out better for her husbands work schedule, but you should have seen the look of panic in her eyes as she watched those prices climb.

SWA Ding that is going on for another 30 minutes if anyone is online right now.

I just got $89 each way for non-stop Manchester to MCO may 9-14th.

Now I have to call Member services and see if I can schedule a quick out of the blue trip.:banana:

Well, we decided to go 2 evenings ago. Prices haven't moved much since then, but bing travel predicts the price will fall. you can get there by going to http://www.farecast.com/
Lowest fares will Drop $47 - $197 | 81% confidence
Lowest fares will Rise $30 - $115 | 15% confidence
Lowest fares will Stay within $15 | 4% confidence

Honestly, if I could get good times with a similar price now, I'd buy. Unfortunately all the "low fare" which is twice as much as most of you paid, I'd be flying in late at night.

Thanks for that!!! I was having buyers remorse for my quicky June trip, and was recommended I buy at the price I paid. $568.20 for 3 tickets out of Logan, direct flights on Delta.

Bought the first day the flights were available on Delta out of Logan probably just under a year in advance, Apr 14-24 non-stop, for a whopping $532 each ($2128), then used 80k delta points to reduce each ticket by $200, so I ended up paying $1328. I would have just waited for JetBlue to be released and paid whatever they wanted as we love JB, but I had some delusion that I might be able to get a free flight or whatever using my points (had a little over 100k), and of course that is a pipe dream these days apparently. But we're happy with what we paid all things considered. Last time I checked the delta non-stop flights were in the $900 range out of Logan for the same time. I even looked at perhaps flying to Tampa and renting a car etc. but in the end this was the cheapest for us. :confused3

We decided to go a few weeks ago and booked the rooms at animal kingdom before booking the flights. We can't fly for less than 2400 (600+ each) for our dates from Boston area. Guess we're driving.

I'm morally opposed to paying that much to an airline for such a short flight. The 4 of us have flown to real Africa for less.

How crowded are the hotels (with pools) in Rocky Mount, NC on the popular driving days? Should I book now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter