Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone.

I]'m on the laptop right now, in bed. I had a "procedure" done yesterday and I'm still in a lot of pain. I dont even know if I made the right decision to have the procedure done (it all started with what my doctor thought was a cyst) but when he cut into it yesterday he found it was filled with blood and a blood clot, rather than fluid like he expected to find. he had to dig and clean it all out, then he put a baloon catheter in it, and the drain. I am still in a lot of pain :( and this stupid drain has to stay in for 4 weeks! and the drain is not in a place that I can keep immobile! I thought I felt up to going out to a local diner for corned beef and cabbage this evening,l but now I'm in even more pain than I was before. at least the food was good. lol (gotta keep my sense of humor right. lol)

anyway, I have no idea what to expect now. I have no idea if I can work on Monday... or tuesday.. or wednesday...etc. I can only take a few steps without pain, and I can not sit upright at all. good grief, shoot me now. lol

anyway I hope everyone is ok who wasnt feeling well. oh,. and we got a ton of snow and sleet too. yuck, its the middle of march, who needs it? lol

Terry take care of yourself Pal and feel better soon :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hi Everyone!!! How has everyone been????

hi everyone.

I]'m on the laptop right now, in bed. I had a "procedure" done yesterday and I'm still in a lot of pain. I dont even know if I made the right decision to have the procedure done (it all started with what my doctor thought was a cyst) but when he cut into it yesterday he found it was filled with blood and a blood clot, rather than fluid like he expected to find. he had to dig and clean it all out, then he put a baloon catheter in it, and the drain. I am still in a lot of pain :( and this stupid drain has to stay in for 4 weeks! and the drain is not in a place that I can keep immobile! I thought I felt up to going out to a local diner for corned beef and cabbage this evening,l but now I'm in even more pain than I was before. at least the food was good. lol (gotta keep my sense of humor right. lol)

anyway, I have no idea what to expect now. I have no idea if I can work on Monday... or tuesday.. or wednesday...etc. I can only take a few steps without pain, and I can not sit upright at all. good grief, shoot me now. lol

anyway I hope everyone is ok who wasnt feeling well. oh,. and we got a ton of snow and sleet too. yuck, its the middle of march, who needs it? lol

Hi Terry,

Sorry to hear about your procedure. I hope everything turns out ok. pixiedust: coming your way. If you need someone to talk to just pm me and I will call. Don't rush yourself back to work if you don't have to.

How are John and the boys doing?

I will check in with you later.

Karen:hug:

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling about the same today. And I've realized that most of my mental anguish is due to the fact that I don't know whether having pain 2 days later is normal or not. (Anyone ever have a balloon catheter??? :confused: ) Long story short, I have a feeling that I'll be lodging a complaint about this gynecologist, once this ordeal is over. I have a few issues already that I want addressed regarding this. I am going to see if I can change gynecologists at this point, or whether I need to continue to see him until this thing is overwith. I will be calling my primary care doctor in the morning, too.

Thanks again for all of the good wishes. I realize that in the grand scheme of things, what I'm dealing with is very minor, but it's still causing me a fair amount of physical and emotional pain at the moment. :(

Good Morning Everyone!:surfweb:

Hope everyone has a "Happy Monday"

Terry - How are you feeling?

Darlene - how is Stan Doing?

:grouphug: for everyone who needs one today!

Terry.....I'm seeing all kinds of bad signs in what you wrote. Sounds like a mis-diagnosis. I would definitely see another doctor about it. Please don't go to work if you're not 100%.

After any procedure you are going to get pain that is expected and you just have to cope (hey Ed, how goes those physical therapy sessions on your leg?) but if the pain is excessive and not expected then that is a warning sign. Sounds like the doc didn't explain things to you.

Sending hugs your way.....:grouphug:

What a crazy snowstorm we had.....though we should call it a sleetstorm. I have lived in NJ most of my life and I've never seen a storm like that. We have an irregular-shaped driveway that is all gravel so its hard to plow. Normally we just get out the snowblower and it does the job just fine. No way a snowblower would work on that compressed ice/sleet.

Fortunately, we own a front-loader backhoe and DH used that to plow our driveway. But it wasn't easy and even the backhoe struggled to push through the snow. DH ended up digging up half the driveway in the process and tore up part of the lawn as well. I'll be picking gravel out of our lawn all summer. At least the snow is covering the scorched part of our yard.

On the plus side.....DH and DS went back to work/school today. Peace restored here.

Hi everyone:

thanks for the good thoughts and get well wishes. I woke up this morning in pain and knew I couldn't go to work. In fact, I knew I had to call the doctor and be seen ASAP. Fortunately I was able to get an appt for 11:45am and DH came home and took me. After over an hour's wait in the waiting room, we finally went into the exam room (yes, I had John come in with me, and boy what a view he had during the procedure. popcorn:: :3dglasses LOL)

Anyway....to make a long story short, the doctor tried to make the balloon smaller and that did no good at all, so in the end he had to remove the thing entirely. I felt a bit of relief immediately when he removed it. I'm still very, very sore, but I feel that the cause of the pain is gone now. John and I think that the balloon was over-filled and that's what was causing me all the pain. I just hope that the gland/wound heals now, and I can forget this ever happened! I'm still on antibiotics, and after another day of bedrest, I hope to be feeling good by Wednesday.

Thanks again for all the concern, I really do appreciate it. I hope everyone else is feeling Ok. Kay. I'm glad your DH and DS are feeling better. How is everyone else doing??

John and the boys are fine; John's been very crazy busy with work but his entire department loves him because he got them ALL a raise a couple of weeks ago; kids are doing well, Robby just got a letter informing him that he's been accepted into the National Honor Society (his induction is in April), and he's playing tennis; Craig's doing well this semester and he got a promotion of sorts at work. Instead being a cashier (he works at a grocery store) he's now a front-end supervisor and also works Sunday mornings entering the weekly sales prices into the store computer system. He also got a raise which made him very happy. lol

That's about all the news from here. I hope you all are doing well :grouphug:

P.S. Kay, my DH would be envious of your front-loader backhoe, he keeps saying he wants one! lol

Terry, here's some :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: for you. I hope you are up and about in no time, take care there sweetie..................:goodvibes

Terry,

I hope you are now starting to feel a little better.

Kay,
The Knee/Leg is coming along well. I am still attending theapy twice a week
It is getting stonger, but still trys to buckle every once in a while.

Since this is the same thing that happens on my other leg ( Had same injury on my other leg in 98) I suspect the both knees will remain weak and something I will just need to be aware of.

Most days it is fine, I just need to be aware and brace my self.

Hi everyone:

thanks for the good thoughts and get well wishes. I woke up this morning in pain and knew I couldn't go to work. In fact, I knew I had to call the doctor and be seen ASAP. Fortunately I was able to get an appt for 11:45am and DH came home and took me. After over an hour's wait in the waiting room, we finally went into the exam room (yes, I had John come in with me, and boy what a view he had during the procedure. popcorn:: :3dglasses LOL)

Anyway....to make a long story short, the doctor tried to make the balloon smaller and that did no good at all, so in the end he had to remove the thing entirely. I felt a bit of relief immediately when he removed it. I'm still very, very sore, but I feel that the cause of the pain is gone now. John and I think that the balloon was over-filled and that's what was causing me all the pain. I just hope that the gland/wound heals now, and I can forget this ever happened! I'm still on antibiotics, and after another day of bedrest, I hope to be feeling good by Wednesday.

Thanks again for all the concern, I really do appreciate it. I hope everyone else is feeling Ok. Kay. I'm glad your DH and DS are feeling better. How is everyone else doing??

John and the boys are fine; John's been very crazy busy with work but his entire department loves him because he got them ALL a raise a couple of weeks ago; kids are doing well, Robby just got a letter informing him that he's been accepted into the National Honor Society (his induction is in April), and he's playing tennis; Craig's doing well this semester and he got a promotion of sorts at work. Instead being a cashier (he works at a grocery store) he's now a front-end supervisor and also works Sunday mornings entering the weekly sales prices into the store computer system. He also got a raise which made him very happy. lol

That's about all the news from here. I hope you all are doing well :grouphug:

P.S. Kay, my DH would be envious of your front-loader backhoe, he keeps saying he wants one! lol

Terry I hope this means you are now on the mend! Keep us updated!!! :hug:

Morning Everyone,

Terry - I hope you are feeling better this am. I am sending
:grouphug: pixiedust: your way.

KAREN

Thanks everyone :grouphug: I'm feeling much better today and I'll be back at work tomorrow. What an ordeal that was though! :scared: lol

Hello All,

Terry, I'm glad you are on the mend.:grouphug: Take care and congratulations to Robby and Craig, two fine young men.

:banana: :banana:

Terry......so glad things are better with you. Glad you took action on that one. Great to hear things are going so well with your boys.

Yes, a backhoe is the ultimate guy machine. Forget sports cars..a backhoe is the ultimate male show-off. Our neighbors have one as well (that's where DH got the idea). Funny how guys just like moving earth around. Every time I have plumbers/carpenters/electricians/etc come to the house they always have to go look at it. They'll ask what model it is, etc. Too funny.

We have a Kubota. I'm told they are so popular, its difficult to even buy a used one.

We don't use it that often but when its needed, its priceless.

Ed.....good to hear the leg is getting better. Those knee injuries take so long to heal.

Like the DIS boards, we're having our own computer problems here (viruses, etc). I finally got mine all fixed. Had to take another one to our local computer shop and get the hard disk reformatted. Better to just wipe it clean and start again.

Scary how dependent we are on computers these days.

Well I just woke up from a very strange dream, and Mary Rose and Andy were in it!

All I can remember is that Andy was wearing a costume, he was pretending to be a little kid, he was wearing light blue fuzzy pajamas, and he had a teddy bear in his hands, and he was at work, and when I saw him I started crying because it reminded me of when we were still planning the 2006 cruise and he had posted about wearing that exact costume to work back then (which didn't really happen in real life, just in my dream). lol

All I remember about Mary Rose is us being with some other women in a house... and I said something about your father and you got very offended, so I wrote you a letter using chocolate icing, to apologise.

And when I woke up just now, I have a sharp pain in my right shoulder blade. I just took some Advil. lol

Well I just woke up from a very strange dream, and Mary Rose and Andy were in it!

All I can remember is that Andy was wearing a costume, he was pretending to be a little kid, he was wearing light blue fuzzy pajamas, and he had a teddy bear in his hands, and he was at work, and when I saw him I started crying because it reminded me of when we were still planning the 2006 cruise and he had posted about wearing that exact costume to work back then (which didn't really happen in real life, just in my dream). lol

All I remember about Mary Rose is us being with some other women in a house... and I said something about your father and you got very offended, so I wrote you a letter using chocolate icing, to apologise.

And when I woke up just now, I have a sharp pain in my right shoulder blade. I just took some Advil. lol

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I guess my mentioning about Angelina's new job at Build-a-Bear got you thinking about me and a bear, that's toooooooooooooo funny........:lmao:

What is even funnier Terry, I just packed my blue fuzzy Goofy PJ's in my suitcase yesterday to take on our vacation later this week........:laughing:

:guilty: Sorry to hear about the pain in your shoulder though......take care!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I guess my mentioning about Angelina's new job at Build-a-Bear got you thinking about me and a bear, that's toooooooooooooo funny........:lmao:

What is even funnier Terry, I just packed my blue fuzzy Goofy PJ's in my suitcase yesterday to take on our vacation later this week........:laughing:

:guilty: Sorry to hear about the pain in your shoulder though......take care!!!

Yeah, Andy, maybe that's it. LOL You did look adorable in those fuzzy PJ's though, I have to say! LOL :laughing: And hey, are those the SAME Goofy PJs that you had on the night you got stuck outside huddling by a tree??? LOL Maybe it was the combination of those two real-life situations (your getting stuck outside in your PJs story, and Angelina working at BaB), that prompted your role in my dream??? LOL

I still have NO IDEA why I dreamt about Mary Rose the way I did though!?!?!?!? LOL

Have a great trip, Andy! :) Where are you going??

Hi Terry,

How are you feeling? That sure was a weird dream.:scared1
have you been able to go back to work?

I think about you all the time.

KAREN

Yeah, Andy, maybe that's it. LOL You did look adorable in those fuzzy PJ's though, I have to say! LOL :laughing: And hey, are those the SAME Goofy PJs that you had on the night you got stuck outside huddling by a tree??? LOL Maybe it was the combination of those two real-life situations (your getting stuck outside in your PJs story, and Angelina working at BaB), that prompted your role in my dream??? LOL

I still have NO IDEA why I dreamt about Mary Rose the way I did though!?!?!?!? LOL

Have a great trip, Andy! :) Where are you going??

Yep, those be the same PJ's as the lockout night a little while back.........:lmao:

We are spending Spring Break with my mom in Florida, just have that NEED to get AWAY!!! ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter