Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All!!

THANKS FOR THE COUNTDOWN TERRY!

JUST THINK IN 3/4 WEEKS WE'LL BE DOING THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!! :rotfl: :woohoo: :grouphug:

MR

Denise W - Wow, you're daughter did an awesome job on the lanyards! I think it was a great idea and I could identify you guys all over the ship!

MR

You know......I was so bummed when I returned home and all last week. But then all these discussions about dates in 2008 got my heart pumping again.

......that is until I read the countdown timer.........Yikes, triple digits on the countdown timer :scared1: :faint: :scared:

Boy, learn something new everyday. I, too, didn't know about the differences in price between the eastern and western.

I would LOVE to do a southern itinerary.

Personally, I would rather not return on Labor Day weekend but DH is really leaning towards a Western.

We need a countdown timer until DCL releases the schedule for 2008.

O'BWV said:
Good Morning All!!

THANKS FOR THE COUNTDOWN TERRY!

JUST THINK IN 3/4 WEEKS WE'LL BE DOING THE DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!! :rotfl: :woohoo: :grouphug:

MR

Well that's something to look forward to!!! :lmao:

Buddy Bear said:
Still looking to do a 7 day in 2007 I looked at early October and found that a cat 6 for a western (10/06) is $500 more than a cat 6 on an eastern (10/13). I never realized until recently that westerns are normally more than easterns. Funny thing is we prefer easterns to westerns.

Hi Jeff...I think its time you check out www.rccl.com and check the 8/17/07 sailing of the 9 night Explorer out of New Jersey and then you can give Bev a call.

MaryRose...ROTFLMAO, while we were on the ship, I was calling my DD friends mom to tell her DD to save my DD a seat at the lunch table. It is traumatic if you don't have your seat as you will be sitting the rest of the year with who knows who. And the double digit dance :rotfl2:

Terry...As usual THANKS, boy you are good with math LOL

Someone on the cruise critic board said the August 3rd 9 night explorer cruise is sold out and the 8/17/07 is very close to it. They said while on the explorer this past week they were told that the August cruises out of NJ are VERY popular. DH says with the limited amount of summer and ships in the NY metro area and the vast amount of people that live here he can see why it is sold out over a year in advance.

Have a great rest of the weekend
Joanna

Mjasp said:
Terry...As usual THANKS, boy you are good with math LOL

Someone on the cruise critic board said the August 3rd 9 night explorer cruise is sold out and the 8/17/07 is very close to it. They said while on the explorer this past week they were told that the August cruises out of NJ are VERY popular. DH says with the limited amount of summer and ships in the NY metro area and the vast amount of people that live here he can see why it is sold out over a year in advance.

Have a great rest of the weekend
Joanna

Hi Joanna :wave2:

Actually DH wrote a very cool desktop program for me, so I can count the weeks between any two dates. He also included how many seconds, minutes, hours, etc! He wrote the program for me this morning in about 2 minutes. :teeth: I keep telling him that he should post on this thread, he's a DISer too. :surfweb:

I agree with your DH on why the cruises out of the NY/NJ area are so popular, and can be expensive. When we cruised to Bermuda on Royal Caribbean back in 2003, the price was not inexpensive, that's for sure. lol

Another cruise? Say it isn't so!!!!

burymenow.gif

Hi everyone, this is Terry's (Seaspray's) husband John. She was so excited to show me these new postings, so I felt the need to reply.

Hi There John!!! Happy to see you posting!!!

Here is a copy of the group photo that was taken during our August 2006 cruise.

August2006GroupPhoto.jpg

Denise W said:
May Rose, I'm glad you liked the lanyards! My daughter Heather designed them in Photoshop for us and I submitted that to the company that made the lanyards. I thought they came out very well also!

Denise :)

Denise!

I never knew you actually designed them too! They are very cool...

Uh yeah... John has quite a sense of humor, doesn't he?? :lmao: The picture is him in the Disney online game "VMK" (Virtual Magic Kingdom). He signed onto his character, changed into his "Haunted Mansion" suit, then took his picture in front of the Haunted Mansion game. :rotfl:

Very cute, honey! :thumbsup2

And thanks again for writing that program for me this morning :teeth: Now I'll be able to tell you and Craig and Robby *exactly* how long until our next Magic cruise, down to the second!!! :lmao:

Mjasp said:
Hi Jeff...I think its time you check out www.rccl.com and check the 8/17/07 sailing of the 9 night Explorer out of New Jersey and then you can give Bev a call.

Thanks for thinking of us, but we don't have any interest in cruising unless it DCL. We already booked two rooms on the Wonder (4 day) for 08/19/07, but I can't imagine going two years without seeing a my CM friends on the Magic which is why I am trying to find an off-peak (after the Magic returns from the Med) cruise.

Last time when the Magic was in CA and we couldn't sail over the summer I worked out a Thanksgiving cruise which fell over Catherine's birthday. This time I may push for a cruise that falls near or on my birthday (10/09).

It would be cool to pull off a 4 day and then a 7 day two months later. :goodvibes

I don't think I can go another 102 weeks!!!:guilty:
This was my first cruise and now I am hooked on DCL!!!!

Paula

Hi John!!!!! Great to see you posting!! LOL!

Andy - Thanks for posting the group shot. I really love how that turned out!

MR

Hi Paula - Last time we counted down from 98 weeks. This is only a little longer than that and that time went fast NOT!!!!!!

Mare

O'BWV said:
Hi Paula - Last time we counted down from 98 weeks. This is only a little longer than that and that time went fast NOT!!!!!!

Mare

Right! LOL That time dragged...until the last couple of weeks and then all of a sudden there wasn't enough time!!! :rotfl: Maybe if I get started NOW, I'll have some nice fish mail ready for 2008 :lmao: Those little lime green squares of posterboard that I made just didn't cut it. lol :rolleyes1

This time I am not going to worry. I have two years and now I know what to pack and what not to pack.
Pack
a thousand bathingsuits
2 dresses
3 pairs of shoes
4 outfits
cover-ups

For this cruise I packed an outfit for each day and didn't even wear half of it. Mare-like Taryn said, you really do wear your bathing suit all the time.

I don't think this is a good sign-I am already thinking about what to pack!!!!!!

Paula

Hey John...You math wiz. Thanks! And I do think its time you start posting here. :wave:

Buddy Bear said:
Thanks for thinking of us, but we don't have any interest in cruising unless it DCL. We already booked two rooms on the Wonder (4 day) for 08/19/07, but I can't imagine going two years without seeing a my CM friends on the Magic which is why I am trying to find an off-peak (after the Magic returns from the Med) cruise.

Last time when the Magic was in CA and we couldn't sail over the summer I worked out a Thanksgiving cruise which fell over Catherine's birthday. This time I may push for a cruise that falls near or on my birthday (10/09).

It would be cool to pull off a 4 day and then a 7 day two months later. :goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean not wanting to miss the Magic for two years and not seeing the CMs. It was a loooooong two years between 2004 and 2006. We did have a fantastic time on the Wonder last summer, but it definitely isn't the Magic.

We did luck out and have seen cruise director Andy in 2003, 2005 and 2006 (both on the Wonder and Magic).

Here's a picture of him in July 2003 when he was part of the family entertainment staff and the Bingo-king. That's my DD up on stage with him on the second day at sea when they hold final jackpot bingo in the Walt Disney Theater.

Its a long story, but DD got to know Andy earlier in the cruise. So at the Thursday bingo game Andy suddenly jumped down off the stage, scooped up DD in his arms and hopped back onto the stage with her and put her down on the table. DH and I were a bit stunned as there was no warning he would do this.

Andy let DD call out the bingo numbers for a few games and he whispered a joke in her ear for her to call out to one of the lady CMs (one I think Andy had a fancy for).
DCL-Bingo-03.jpg

Talk about a "magical" moment on that cruise.

Denise...what company made up the name tags? They did a nice job.

.....I love our group picture! I wonder how many copies they sold? Thanks Chuck wherever you are...... And thanks for the open house. I hope my DD delivered the choc. bar to the right fish mail?

Thanks Terry for the countdown. It makes it more real. I'd still like to sneak in a 4 day one with those of you doing the back-back Wonder cruise next Aug. Not looking real hopeful though. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter