Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have NO weeks to go!!!! And just in case Andy doesn't get a chance to post, WE HAVE 1 DAY UNTIL WE ALL STEP FOOT UPON THE DISNEY MAGIC!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: :sunny: pirate: :sail: :boat: :cloud9:

Safe travels to all of us traveling today!!!

PoohJen said:
GOODBYE EVERYBODY!!!! We're packing up the car now, looks like we'll actually leave about an hour ahead of schedule!! :moped: WooHoo!!! :woohoo: :tinker: Safe journeys everyone; can't wait to meet Y'all after all this time!! :banana: :wave2: party:

Jen, John and the 'men' :cool1:

Have a GREAT Trip - we miss you :grouphug: and wish you were sailing with US!

Good Luck at Bingo :rolleyes1

See Ya at MNSSHP :dance3: !!!​

Well, since I'm not leaving until tomorrow, I'll be holding down the fort here.

I posted on another thread and it was quite the shock seeing the ticker countdown show "ONE DAY TILL WE CRUISE".

Wow, after two years of waiting can't believe its finally here. I have never booked a vacation that long in advance before.

Kids and I are heading to the gym to work out, then its finally time to pack.

I have debated whether or not to even bother going to sleep since we have to leave at 4:30am. But I'm going to try to get some shuteye around 10pm.

Safe travels everyone.

Thanks Terry for getting the "1 Day" remaining to sail countdown in!!!

Something happenend this morning that rarely happens, I overslept, I didn't wake up until a little after 8am.

Then trying to get signed on with this dial-up this morning was driving me nuts.

Jeff--I loved the story about you walking around the condo complex that was so funny, we got a good laugh about that, LOL!!!

I forgot to mention that at the airport yesterday, I dropped the cruise docs envelope on the floor as I was checking us in, I didn't notice I had dropped the evelope and as we started to walk away, Angelina said, "Dad, does that belong to us?" I had Hazel's and my passports in my hand because we needed to show them, but since Angelina was under 18 I left her passport in that envelope. I'm sooooooooooooooo glad Angelina saw that envelope on the floor, or we would have gotten on the plane without her passport.

It sure sounds as though everyone is having some "fun" traveling stories to share.

We'll be leaving here later this morning, my mom is doing one last load of wash, so she can finish getting her suitcase packed, then we'll be on our way to the port area.

Bye for Now, :wave2:

Dish washer's running, suitcases packed and repacked and we're waiting for the shuttle to take us to the airport. Happy and safe travels to everyone.

Tomorrow at this time, we'll be on our way to the port!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay: :yay: :yay: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

The limo will be here in less than an hour and a half!! :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

On the way back from the bank we stopped at Kmart and they were able to remove the security tags. While I was waiting in line I saw that there were actually TWO tags!! :rolleyes1

Ok, this is my last post. See you all tonight or tomorrow!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :sunny: :dance3: :sail: :boat:

Hello everyone. Safe travels to all who left and are leaving today. Today is going to be hectic for us. We still have not finished packing and there is a lot to do around the house before we leave.

So we were walking around the mall yesterday and decided to stop in a store called ICING be Claire's. To our amazement, they had pirate earings, necklaces, pony tail holders, braclets, and much more. We are SO ready for pirate night now!!:thumbsup2

Alright, I have to go finish everything. I'll check in again later.

Paula

Holding down the fort here. Mighty quiet with so many already on the way.

See that......a tumble weed just rolled through this thread......

Okay....last load of clothes in the wash, just paid the bills, off the bank/post office. Then start packing.

Made it safe and sound to the Cape...flight as uneventful. We left our home in order to arrive ~2h before our flight anticipating long lines, and we were at our gate in about 15min...no lines anywhere. 1 bag was over weight (55lb, other was 49lb), so had to pay $25 but decided to just pay it to not have to stress about repacking in the airport.

We are staying in the Holiday Inn Express and Suites just down the road from the Radisson. Radisson didn't have any suite rooms that were non smoking (DD as asthma), so we had to move down the road. Not bad, really. Smaller than the Rad, pretty puny pool, but it is clean, it is a king bed with seperate room for DD, and free wireless, so we are happy.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Sleep well!

Jeff (Buddy Bear), I tried calling you a little bit ago while we were visiting Shirley at The Perfect Gift. I wanted to let you know that I found an extra magnet that we were talking about earlier today. I will have it with me in the DCL Terminal, or I can deliver it to your cabin if I don't see you in the teminal.

We arrived here at the Radisson about an hour ago and I'm getting ready to call Grills to let them know about our big group dinner meeting at 5pm.

Haven't run into anyone yet, but I'm sure I will soon!!!

WE ARE HERE!!! in a short time we will be meeting everyone at GRiLLS :thumbsup2

Our flight was uneventful, arrived in Orlando actually 23 minutes early, went to Beaches and Cream for lunch and a "No Way Jose" then drove to Cocoa Beach and we all fell asleep until about 8:00.

See everyone soon :dance3:

Denise

msdisney53 said:
WE ARE HERE!!! in a short time we will be meeting everyone at GRiLLS :thumbsup2

Our flight was uneventful, arrived in Orlando actually 23 minutes early, went to Beaches and Cream for lunch and a "No Way Jose" then drove to Cocoa Beach and we all fell asleep until about 8:00.

See everyone soon :dance3:

Denise

Hey Denise, welcome to Florida! Will see you tomorrow!
Susan

SeaSpray said:
Susan: We take Bonine every day while we cruise, starting the day before, which is tomorrow, so we'll be starting our Bonine tomorrow too! :drinking1

:

thanks for the reminder! i just took my first bonine. unfortunetly my dh and friends just came home with 2 bottles of pina coladas for the blender! oh well, i will just sit here and watch them have coctails by the pool!
Susan

Allright! Our limo company called this afternoon and moved us ahead, they're now picking us up at 4:30am, they say because of anticipated traffic :car: and long lines at Newark :crowded: , it's ok with us, we get to start our vacation even earlier :beach: , and I believe that this earlier departure now means that we're NOT the last one's leaving and WE DON'T HAVE TO TURN OFF THE LIGHTS!!!

See everyone tomorrow afternoon :goodvibes

Bob, Paula & Kids

Here a few pics from our dnner meet at Grills this evening. We'll be heading to the Radisson pool shortly to meet up with more Cruisin' Castaway Cruisers.

DSCF2806.jpg

DSCF2807.jpg

DSCF2808.jpg

DSCF2809.jpg

DSCF2810.jpg

DSCF2811.jpg

DSCF2812.jpg

DSCF2814.jpg

DSCF2817.jpg

Andy: thanks for organizing everything at Grills, it was great to see everyone and meet some new friends. Love the pics :cool1:

Mary Jo: hope you got some shoes for John but like I said we can always put some tissues in the toes!

Shirley and Norm: Thanks so much for the wine DH and I enjoyed the pinot noir. I hope you made out okay at the awards.

Sue: we will catch up at the port tomorrow, I think we will go to Parrot Cay for Lunch, I will Call you

As usuall I'm still doing some laundry before we sail tomorrow, so I'm off to see if they are done.

see everyone tomorrow at the Promenade Longe :smokin:

Denise :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter