• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Night Andy!

Welcome Home Terry!

Go Doreen - One more post!

MR

Ok this is a tribute to all my friends and now family on the DIS BOARDS... we have shared tears and laughter as we all know.. . Sometimes it has helped us to just sign on to see a friendly name to talk to..Some of these friends have been there for over 2 yrs others for 2 months.. and we have seen our children grow.. and our own lives changed,, some for the better some for the worse.. but we are always there for each other...

You were all there for me during my crisis this yr,, and I cant thank you all enough. You are a speical group of friends.. I have traveled 2 other cruises and have not made friends like I have here..

So if this were a toast ... this post is to you my friends and family of the DCL CRUISE DOUBLE DIP...Aug 19-26 :drinking1 :rockband: party: :jumping1:

Thank you for post 1000.... see you all on FRIDAY or SATURDAY ,,, this week. :banana:

Good night...
DOREEN

:welcome: :disrocks: :sail: Welcome Jude!!! and a few other folks this last week or so, I think!

zzz, would you believe I'm still working on door signs?!!! :teeth: I had hoped to be packed this weekend, but that was a pipe dream! :rolleyes: We leave around 11:59 Wednesday nite for the LONNGGGG drive to Orlando. How will it all come together?!! Yikes! :crazy:

Meanwhile....:bday: Happy Birthday to Me!!! party: With all this cruise planning, it really was an afterthought for me!!! We had a great weekend though; family came in from out of town (they brought Josh back from NY for me!) and we went kayaking and canoeing in NC. Beautiful weather this wkend! AND, of course, had to forego my pre-cruise diet for some AWESOME chocolate cake from Costco - my favorite!!!:cake:

Safe travels Everyone!!! :moped: :cloud9: :thumbsup2

Reenieny18 said:
So if this were a toast ... this post is to you my friends and family of the DCL CRUISE DOUBLE DIP...Aug 19-26 :drinking1 :rockband: party: :jumping1:

Thank you for post 1000.... see you all on FRIDAY or SATURDAY ,,, this week. :banana:

Good night...
DOREEN

Great job. Way to start off your next 1000! :thumbsup2

Welcome Jude!

I have 2 DSs (8 & 4) and we have late dining. I'm making DH bring his tux b/c we never get dressed up. He's only wearing it for formal night but he does have a jacket and tie for the semi-formal night and for Palo. The rest of the time he'll be wearing polo shirts and dockers and I'll probably be wearing capris. The boys have clothes to wear to the dining room but we are not expecting them to eat with us too much.

Elyse

DOREEN - CONGRATS ON THE 1,000TH!!!! party: AND WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SENTIMENT! I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you! :grouphug:

Jen - Happy Birthday! Hope the day was great! :bday:

MR

Doreen - Congrats on 1000!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: That was a great toast and I feel the same way! I can't wait to meet everybody in person this weekend!!!

I wish I could stay up to see us hit 11,000 but I am just wiped out. I had to leave the poor dog in the garage tonight. She just still smells too bad. I will be picking up the supplies on the way home tomorrow to get her smelling good to go visit her friend later this week. She is feeling a little better though but I don't think she has even had a drink of water since this morning. She did keep some food down though.

Linda

Another question - do I need to call DCL and tell them that my SIL birthday is Sunday or will they just know because they have her birthday on record?

Linda

Linda - I hope you and your pup get a good night's sleep and that things are much better (and less smelly) tomorrow!

Mary Rose

I have to share this...

I have several surprises lined up for my girls. Many of you know about the suite and the onboard credit, but sometimes it is the little things that can make a BIG difference.

Our family has become accustomed to sleeping with portable fans at our bedside. My wife enjoys the breeze, I like it for its "white noise" generating effect. Catherine and Sarah each have one too.

Since someone on this thread mentioned shipping packages directly to DCL I am going to give it a try. I went to Wal Mart and bought two portable fans like we have at home and hopefully after shipping them tomorrow they will appear in our stateroom.

The funny thing is that I was looking for bubble wrap, newspaper, or something like that and suddenly got a brilliant idea (OK, it was mediocre). Since we never seem to have enough diapers in the house I decided to break open a new pack and use them as packing material. I am sure Missy and Catherine will appreciate the gift and get a laugh out of the packaging. :goodvibes

Linda - I think you need to tell DCL or your travel agent. We're celebrating DD 16th Birthday and I had to let my TA know and tell her which date we wanted to celebrate.

MR

Thanks Mary Rose - I feel so bad because I can hear her barking in the garage but I just can't let the house get any worse. Especially because it is going to be closed up for so long. I keep thinking that the smell is getting better in here and then I go outside and come back in and realize how bad it still is!

Linda

Jeff - my husband got me started on this and at first it drove me nuts, now I have a hard time sleeping without one. I was trying not to pack one but now that we are adding another suitcase maybe I can pack one in.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter