• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bmwdsny said:
A fish extender is extra pockets which you can hang from the Fish by your door...See my pic here from my last cruise. You can see my yellow Pooh fish extender.
DCL-CaliforniaAugust2005221.jpg

That door looks familiar!!! We spent 14 days in the next cabin....August 20, 2005. Hi Melinda!!!

Too bad we didn't get a picture of our cabin.....I don't know what I was thinking. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 We probably had 200 magnets on it. Not only did we not get a picture, but the last day of the cruise we gave all the magnets away. Live and learn. We'll make up for it this cruise with more doors and more magnets!!! (we have three cabins between my two sisters and I).

Between Melinda's door and ours, we had the best doors on the ship. IMHO of course!!!

Anna

Thank you all for the condolences, I really appreciate it. Ken will truly be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.

I went to work this AM, but once I sat down it was all over. So, my boss, who is the greatest, told me to go home. So off to bed for a nap.

Talk later,

Elaine

Elaine - sorry to hear about your friend. I've been there so I can completely understand their situation. I actually just came back from a memorial service for my cousin who was killed in a car accident last week.

There have been so many sad things lately that around here we can't wait for this cruise just to have some happy times!

Elyse

Lainie1222 said:
Thank you all for the condolences, I really appreciate it. Ken will truly be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.

I went to work this AM, but once I sat down it was all over. So, my boss, who is the greatest, told me to go home. So off to bed for a nap.

Talk later,

Elaine

Elaine,

I'm really sorry for your troubles...may he rest in peace..

M.

Lainie1222 said:

Talk later,

Elaine

Elaine: I missed the post about the passing of your friend. :sad2: I am so sorry for your loss and am glad you were able to be there for the family. :grouphug: I know you must still be in shock, give yourself some :hourglass

Elyse....I grew up in Orinda and Walnut Creek (Northgate High School). I live about five miles from there now (Clayton side of Concord)!!!

Mel....I see myself holding Emilie in that group pic but I don't remember being there. Uh oh!!!!

Tina: Love the costume! BTW I hope that was 9pm you were talking! :lmao:
9am does not give our family time to get up, get ready & eat breakfast. I guess we could have our photo done before breakfast! ;)

Elaine: So sorry to hear about your friend! I'm glad you were allowed to go home & rest. Take Care!

Diane

jweiss said:
Elyse....I grew up in Orinda and Walnut Creek (Northgate High School). I live about five miles from there now (Clayton side of Concord)!!!

I graduated from Northgate too! Class of '85!

Elyse

minniemanor said:
That's Outpost Farm and it's right down the road from my BIL's parents (they live by the golf course in Holliston. You must have moved out to CA pretty recently as the Ashland train station has only been open for a few years.

I grew up in Walnut Creek & San Rafael (that's CA for the rest of you) so I'm very familiar with the east bay (and the north bay and everywhere in between).

Elyse

Thanks! I'd been racking my brain trying to remember Outpost's name! Yes, we only returned to CA two years ago. Before the Ashland station openend up, Ken would usually go to the Framingham station or sometimes the Southboro station once it opened.

OK, you'd know where I grew up - in Novato!

So, how long have you lived in Mass. and was it strange for you when you first moved there? I know I hit culture shock when I got there! Now of course, there are a lot of things, and people, that I miss!

Small world!
Kris

Hi Guys! :wave:

BooHoo, there are just too many pages for me to keep up with!!! I've been travelling and have one or two (hopefully only 1!!!) more business trips before the cruise (oy!), so if I miss some posts...SORRY!

Welcome to all the recent new posters!!! This will be a cruise to remember!!! :cheer2: :cloud9: :sunny:

I'm so afraid I'll miss something good on the disboards!!! If you need me to respond to something, just send me a PM (I'll try to clean out my box a bit!!!).

Woo Hoo!! 12 days and counting down fastser!!! :yay: :banana:

disneycrazzzy said:
That door looks familiar!!! We spent 14 days in the next cabin....August 20, 2005. Hi Melinda!!!

Too bad we didn't get a picture of our cabin.....I don't know what I was thinking. :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 We probably had 200 magnets on it. Not only did we not get a picture, but the last day of the cruise we gave all the magnets away. Live and learn. We'll make up for it this cruise with more doors and more magnets!!! (we have three cabins between my two sisters and I).

Between Melinda's door and ours, we had the best doors on the ship. IMHO of course!!!

Anna

ANNA!!!!!!!OMGosh!!! My Cabin mate!!! :wave: How are you?? Bob and I were just talking about you not too long ago and we forgot what your screen names were!!! You and i opened our adjoining doors for the "fools" stateroom tour!!! :thumbsup2

so are you on this cruise??? I can't believe it!! :yay: How are your Dh and the boys??? I remember you guys being the snorkel family!!I am so excited to be able to see you again!!!! :banana: what your stateroom number?? We are in 2022, down in steerage this time!! LOL!!! :rotfl2: we are in deck 2 for the 1st time!!!!

and by the way, i took a pic of your cabin door!!! LOL!!!! ;) If you want a copy, i be happy to send you one!!! you certainly had a heck more magnets than i did!!! :rotfl:
DCL-CaliforniaAugust2005812.jpg

We aren't the first, but we aren't the last leaving for vacation. Flying out of AC on 8/12 at about 4PM (note to self: double check that time! Don't miss plane.)

Huge favor!!!!!
Anyone have a list of the children under 10? Anyone want to send me a list of the children under 10?

Darlene

Hi Everyone!! :wave:

We are still sweltering here down in VA.

Moira - A nice tall glass of Bailey's over ice sounds
good right now. :drinking:

Can you believe it is "NEXT WEEK" that we all meet up? :grouphug:

Started the packing mode. Everything is laid out on the king size bed and dressers, chairs and hanger clips on the doors with every thing I want to bring. I have labled my outfits for when I want to wear them and the ones I can mix and match(hopefully this will cut down on the suitcases)Yeah Right!!!

Just came back from seeing Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest with my dh for the second time! Couldn't wait to see it on the cruise! Looking forward to pirate night to see it again.
Susan

I just went to the P.O. and picked up my mail and lo and behold I received a post card from Goofy!! Can you imagine that? I just wanted to let Goofy's assistant who I know watches these boards for him because he is so busy that it was postmarked July 31st and I just got it today. Goofy's assistant
()^(& )I just wanted to let you know that I received it and that it made my day!!!

Thank You!

Karen

Tina, I made up my costume for Pirate Night, but I bought a black eye patch w/sequins from ebay. So please wear one also.

Elaine :cool1: :goodvibes :wave2:

O'BWV said:
Okay folks, here's what we have so far. Don't forget to post before you leave!

Andrew (Andrew DEREK UK): 8/12 @ 1 am - Posting the first farewell!
Moira (Walsh clan): 8/12 @ 4 am
Denise (Denise W): 8/12 @ 6:30 am
Ed (Ct_TiggerFan): 8/12 @ 10 am
Melinda (Bmwdsny): 8/12 @ 11:30 am
Princess Crazy: 8/13 @ 2:30 pm
Shirley (Dizzyworld): 8/15 @ 4:35pm
Jennifer (DisCrazzy): 8/15 @ 5:00 pm
Jeff (BuddyBear): 8/16 @ 6 pm
Denise (msdisney53): 8/17 @ 8:05 am
Andy (Verandah Man): 8/17 @ 10 am
Mary Rose (O'BWV): 8/18 @ 5 am
Dori (Elliotfan): 8/18 @ 5 am
Anna (disneycrazzy): 8/18 @ 5 am
Tina (castoff): 8/18 @ 5:30 am
Diane (allshookup): 8/18 @ 5:30 am
Kris (dsnylndlvrs): 8/18 @ 6 am
Elaine (Lainie1222): 8/18 @ 6:10 am
Lori (Steve's Wife): 8/18 @ 6:30 am
Linda (zack&alexmom): 8/18 @ 8 am
Karen (Kap158) 8/18 @ 8:20 am
Joyce (famof8): 8/18 @ 10 am
Bev (mickeymom923) 8/18 @ 10:25 am
Terry (Seaspray): 8/18 @ 11 am
Johna & Jim (SnowWhite71 & Grumpy 69): 8/18 @ 12 noon
Paula & Bob (PaulaM & Auctiondazeusa): 8/19 @8:05am-Turning the lights off!

MR

Becky (zukeeper) 8/15 @10:57pm

Should be an interesting redeye from Seattle with 4 kids! Anyone going to Universal? We're staying at the Embassy Suites Jamaican Court and driving to PC on Sat am.

Isn't it August 19th yet?

Come on calendar, move a little faster would you, we need to get out to sea!!! :teeth:

These past few days have been :crazy: I am soooooooooooooo ready to get away, just like the rest of you!!! ;)

I just called DCL to find out which movies might be playing on our cruise. The CM said that these movies are in their library, but they might not necessarily play all of them, but they'll list which movies are playing and when, in the Navigators:

Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest
Cars
Chicken Little
8 Below
Narnia
Glory Road
Annapolis
Shaggy Dog
The Wild
Stick It

I'm SURE they'll be playing Pirates!! pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter