• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
...although it is only 9pm here on the west coast, I guess I am part of the nightshift.

Here is my dilemma for the day or I guess it is night:

I have had the red-eye booked on the evening of 8/18 for 10 months. And so I've been worrying for 10 months that we are going to miss the boat. Our flight gets in at 7am. If I am not worrying about us missing the boat, I am worrying about being so tired for Castaway Cay on Sunday. Anyway, I talked to Alaska Airlines a month or so ago and they told me we would have a good chance of getting on the 8am flight on 8/18 if we wanted to fly standby (no charge to fly standby on a different flight on same day...cool!). This would get us into Orlando at 5pm on 8/18. Here comes the dilemma part....since I don't know if we will make the flight, how do I make reservations for somewhere to sleep on Friday? I haven't found any hotel that was willing to give us a reservation and not a cancellation penalty...not unreasonable I understand. So, my only thought is to make a reservation as soon as we know we are on the flight which probably would mean I need to make it after we get on board the plane and before they close the doors. Ideas on who I should call? My boys have always wanted to stay at the Swan/Dolphin. Do you think they'd have reasonable rooms with no notice? We are meeting my sister at the airport in the morning and my other sister for breakfast at Coronado Springs before we head to the cruise, so a cheap hotel near the airport would probably be okay too. We have a car rented for both flights. Ideas?

I just checked and per Orbitz, there are 30+ seats available on that flight! Here's hoping. It would cost us almost $1000 to change to that flight without flying standby.

Got to get back to work. I am now living Dori's life...or lack of. I'm guessing I'll be working 60+ hour weeks for the next 18 months. Ugh!

Thanks for letting me ramble...dang, I should have split this into about six posts to keep our post count going....

Anna

I have an important question to all you Disney fans -

Goofy has a son named Max. Who's the mother and what happened to her?

Are Mickey and Minnie married or just living together?

Now that I asked those questions, I can go to bed because when I get up tomorrow morning hopefully I'll have my answers

Good nite all

Bev

No idea on Max's mother.

Mickey & Minnie are not married and not living together. Haven't you seen their separate houses in ToonTown? Also when we were at WDW on our honeymoon (11 years ago) Minnie made a huge fuss over my ring and kept pointing at Mickey and then at my ring. She was very upset that she didn't have one.

Elyse

BTW............Andy, a big thank you for the post card. That was so sweet of you. My pre-cruise post card collection is growing.

disneycrazzzy said:
Got to get back to work. I am now living Dori's life...or lack of. I'm guessing I'll be working 60+ hour weeks for the next 18 months. Ugh!

Anna

Anna,

You can't have my life! I'm not done with yet!... Unfortunately!!

Dori :teeth:

P.S - I'll make a deal with you and Curtis, I won't talk about work on the cruise, if you guys don't. ;)

DisneyAgainIn2006 said:
:thanks:Thank You Everyone! :bday: To Me!!

What Beautiful Birthday Greetings I Received From All Of You, And The PM's Were Wonderful Too. My DH Surprised Me By Arranging The Day Off From Work To Take Me Shopping, What A Stud!!:cloud9:

We're going out for a romantic dinner now, party:

Thanks again everyone!:grouphug:

Sorry Molly! Meant to say Happy Birthday but kept getting side tracked!

M.

I tried to keep up with everyone but kinda lost track!

Where is the nightshift? Doreen have you forsaken me?????????????

Early morning crew checking in!!!

This time, two weeks from now, I will be sitting here with our suitcases packed and them sitting by the front door waiting for Rapid Rover to pick us up and take us to the Philly Airport. I am getting so excited for this cruise and meeting all you folks!!! :yay: :yay: :banana: :banana: :yay: :yay:

Another sultry day here, can't wait for this heat wave to break.

I forgot to mention, I changed the song on My Cruise Blog page, when you have a few extra minutes, LOL, take a listen and "Remember the Magic!!!"

mickeymom923 said:
I have an important question to all you Disney fans -

Goofy has a son named Max. Who's the mother and what happened to her?

Are Mickey and Minnie married or just living together?

Now that I asked those questions, I can go to bed because when I get up tomorrow morning hopefully I'll have my answers

Good nite all

Bev

Bev: #1 this is what I found--------Even Max and Goofy in The Goofy Movie are in a momless world. We relish Goofy's well-meaning incompetence as a single dad, and when father and son take a long trip, no reference is made to a dearly departed or otherwise-occupied mom of any kind. The father-son bond is all that matters. Even Max's heartthrob, the Girl Next Door, has only a father!

#2 Well this is what was on top of our wedding cake so if anything I think they give the illusion they are married but it isn't official. :rotfl2:
2004_1125Image0029.jpg

That's it for homework........or I will start passing some out. :teeth:

Im guessing Ive missed a whole lot of what has happend on this thread , so Im just going to say hello.

Hello everyone, I cant wait to meet you on the cruise.

My stateroom is 5638

Verandah Man said:
I forgot to mention, I changed the song on My Cruise Blog page, when you have a few extra minutes, LOL, take a listen.

Andy: That's twice now in 2 days that you made me cry, keep it up and I will tell Chuck on you. :rolleyes1 That is a beautiful song.

Stateroom List
Buddy Bear- 8530
Castoff-6578
Ct TiggerFan-6088
Verandah Man-7556
ElliotFan-7567
Walsh clan-6128
RobinMarie-2601
Aurora's Mommy-2632
AboutTheMouse-2626
PaulaM-5132 & 5134
Sandygirl-7512
DisCrazzy-7128 & 7129
Dizzyworld-6006
Reenieny18-5522
Kap158-5524
Lanie1222-5524
SeaSpray-6042 & 6043
DeniseW-6626
SnowWhite-2542 & 2544
Famof8-7036 & 7038
O'BWV-6610 & 6611
Poohjen-6064 & 6066
Msdisney53-7048
Zack&alexmom-5506 & 5505
Princess Aurora45-5638

List is updated, for a short time anyhow. Let's see who our neighbor is. Never know when you might get some surprise fish mail. :teeth:
Keep them coming in..........

SeaSpray (Terry) 4
AllShookUp (Diane) 4
VerandahMan (Andy) 4
Ct TiggerFan (Ed) 3
Lainie (Elaine + family) 6
DizzyWorld (Shirley) 4
zack&alexmom (Linda) 6
mickeymom (Bev) 3
O'BWV (Mary Rose) 6
PaulaM & Auctiondazeusa (Paula) 5
SnowWhite71 (Johna) 4
WalshClan (Moira) 3
castoff (Tina) 2
AboutTheMouse (Denise) 5
SandyGirl (Darlene) 3
HawkinsCrew (Leslie) 4
DisneyCrazzzy 9
Famof8 (Joyce) 8
Princess Crazy (Kristi) 5
ElliotFan (Dori) 2
mickeymisfit (Beth) 4
msdisney (Denise) 4

____
98 for lime green, so far (Ok, looks like the lime green leis have won the decision. LOL)

$1 each. I need to know if anyone else would like to order.

If you don't see your name on the above list and want to order the leis, you need to let me know ASAP. I will be placing this order TODAY, Thursday August 3rd, in order to be sure that it arrives before the cruise. Thanks!

Since we are doing lists this morning, here is a copy of the Grills Meet List. If anyone else is interested, or can't make it, please let me know so changes can be made. I'll be printing off the list before we head to Florida so I have a good idea of who will be meeting.

Here's a Reminder About Grills

For those meeting at Grills on the 18th, don't forget to print off your 10% discount coupon from their website, here is a direct link where you can find the coupon: http://www.visitgrills.com/discounts.php

So far, we have 51 people on the list to meet at Grills on the 18th, anyone else interested???

Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar
321-868-2226

Our group is growing!!!

Grills Meet Friday 8/18 5pm:

Andy(Verandah Man)--4
Tina(castoff)--4
Bev(mickeymom923)--3
Mark(Mark&Sandra)--7
Mary Rose(O'BWV)--6
Denise(Denise W)--3
Ed(Ct_TiggerFan)--3
Darlene(sandygirl)--3
Denise(msdisney53)--10
Karen(kap158)--6
Darlene(2angelsinheaven)--2 "A special friend that I invited to join us"

Grills is only about a five minute drive from the Radisson. It is along the shoreline of the Port Canaveral channel where the ships sail from. Here is Grills website link: www.visitgrills.com

Andy: Very nice song...it was a great backdrop as I scrolled down the page and looked at your pictures :3dglasses And I almost forgot to say "YAY!!" regarding Angelina's passport. I know that must make her, and you, feel so much better to have :goodvibes

Shirley: You made me laugh with your post number transposition there and reading glasses comment :teeth:

Moira: I don't think Doreen has forsaken you, I think she's just getting a better night's sleep these days :teeth:

We had a really bad storm pass through here last night. Our power only went out briefly, but DS Craig said he saw lots of branches down and power outages on his drive home from band practice last night. Some areas still don't have electricity this morning. EVERYONE TRY AND STAY COOL TODAY! :smooth:

For those of you who use door magnets, don't forget to put your cabin number or other personalized indication to reduce the liklihood of your magnet being stolen.

I know a lot of people were disappointed to have beautiful door magnets only to have them stolen or removed. I put either a picture or our cabin number on our signs + magnets and it really seems to help. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter