Calling All 8/19/06 Special Western Cruisers! AKA "The Cruisin' Castaways" Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verandah Man said:
I was feeling so guilty over the weekend that I called my TA and was able to add Hazel and Angelina to the May 13rd cruise. The funny part of this is, this cruise is actually costing less then the August cruise thanks to the Florida Resident Rate. :banana:

I still haven't told Hazel and Angelina yet, will be doing that very soon!!! :banana:

Andy: So happy for your family to be together for the cruise. party: Can't say I am surprised you were able to work it out though. :cool1:

Joanna: I am for the loss of your friend. My ex MIL had lung cancer 5 years ago and she seemed to recover from it. This past Dec. she died of a massive heart attack. Only in time can you start to heal. I hope you and his family are able to find comfort.

superpdust.gif

castoff said:
Andy: So happy for your family to be together for the cruise. party: Can't say I am surprised you were able to work it out though. :cool1:

Yea, I think I might have to add on another year at work before I can retire, but it was worth it, just to see Hazel's reaction when she read the note from Mickey and Minnie, it was like she hit a mega-million jackpot or something!!!

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!!! :lmao:

Bev - Thanks for the Radisson info. We are going to talk about it and make a decision soon. Right now, the DH wants to stay at the MCO Hyatt for Thursday, rent a car to drive to Kennedy on Friday and then have dinner at Downtown Disney, stay again at MCO Hyatt on Friday and then take Disney transfers to the port on Saturday. I think we should stay around the port and make Saturday morning easier. Unless we get the MCO Hyatt for $25 a night like last time (thank you Hotwire!), it will definitely be cheaper to stay at the Radisson and take a town car.

Andy - you are absolutely wonderful for booking Hazel and Angelina on your Mom's special cruise! I don't know if I could go without my family. Well maybe I could, but I'd definitely feel guilty doing it!

Hope everyone is having a great hump day!

Denise

Haven't posted for awhile but our family will be on this cruise. Our friends came over friday night to help us celebrate our sons 21'st birthday and we were all so excited talking about the cruise. Our friends daughter will be getting married on the Magic that week and we can't wait to celebrate!

SamRoc said:
Haven't posted for awhile but our family will be on this cruise. Our friends came over friday night to help us celebrate our sons 21'st birthday and we were all so excited talking about the cruise. Our friends daughter will be getting married on the Magic that week and we can't wait to celebrate!

That is so exciting !! We got married on Castaway in Nov.04 and we are looking forward to going back , kinda a delayed honeymoon. Is your friends daughter getting married on the ship or Island? I thought they only did re-new vows on ship. Glad to see you back posting on the thread. :thumbsup2 I like your glass slipper. :)

Andy: Call me :crazy: but how about that fla. rate and re-book on board in May get that 10% and credit and book for Aug? Hey what's another year so you can cruise we freinds? :rotfl2:

Hi Castoff. Congratulations on your wedding in November! I am not sure where my friends daughter is getting married. I think it would be beautiful to be married on Castaway Cay, so I hope thats where the ceremony is. Will know more this week.

msdisney53 said:
I haven't posted for a long while, although I've been faithfully reading everyone's posts.
Andy,sorry you won't be joining us,but have fun on your upcoming cruise.
Terry,maybe we can hook up the next time you are visiting the "Jersey Shore"

So far I've got my flights booked,the rental car, hotel before the cruise,we are traveling with two other families and will be staying at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach,Thursday and Friday. the REAS package, and the Hard Rock for 3 days after the cruise. Just waiting to see what excursions to do.

Are there any plan for a meet on Friday night for those of us who aren't at the Radisson? or are we just waiting to we get on board????

I don't think I'm wearing a costume for pirate night,but definitely some pirate attire. pirate:
Denise :wave2:

Hi Denise :wave2:

I'll be in Toms River this summer, before the cruise, so maybe we can meet up then! :sunny:

castoff said:
Terry: Silly question..........Can you explain how to get more then one quote in a post? :rolleyes: Thanks

Ok I'm sure there is a much easier way, but this is how I do it:

First I just click on the regular "quote" button in the other person's post. So that'll put their entire quote in your reply window. But when I want to interject a comment into the middle of their quote, I just type out the commands, such as [ QUOTE = castoff ] then here is where I'd have whatever else the person said then you end with [ / QUOTE ] Except, you don't put spaces in like I just did. Without the spaces, it'd look like I was quoting myself ;) lol

So really, you can "quote" anybody, and make believe they've said anything, such as:

castoff said:
I think SeaSpray is the BEST person EVER!!!
Even though you really never said that! LOL :lmao:

Think of [ QUOTE = castoff ] and [ / QUOTE ] as bookends! You need to have those at the start and end of every quote. And of course, the name of the person who you're quoting would be in place of your name there :)

AboutTheMouse said:
OK Guys, I should jump back in as well. I've been lurking the past few months, but I promise to post more from here on out.

We're still going and added on additional person to our group. His name is Mike and he is a dear friend of mine since childhood. He's single and booked himself a cabin so that he can hang out with us for an entire week. I think that I've got him soooo excited that he wishes that this cruise was next week instead of August :thumbsup2 I think that we have another Diser in the making!

We will be paying our cruise off next week :banana: Still need to book airfare, but it looks like we will fly into MCO on Thursday, maybe tour the space center on Friday and then board on Saturday. We don't know where we will be staying yet - still trying to work out the logistics of five people plus luggage with a side trip to Cape Canaveral. Any ideas?

See you all really soon! :wave:

Denise

GREAT to see you again, Denise!! :sunny:

Verandah Man said:
I was feeling so guilty over the weekend that I called my TA and was able to add Hazel and Angelina to the May 13rd cruise. The funny part of this is, this cruise is actually costing less then the August cruise thanks to the Florida Resident Rate. :banana:

I still haven't told Hazel and Angelina yet, will be doing that very soon!!! :banana:

WOOT Andy!!! Way to go!! I hope you all have the best time ever in May!! :cheer2: :banana: :woohoo: pirate: :sunny:

Mjasp said:
Thanks for the PD, it's just when we got back from our cruise my friends husband (or I can say my friend LOL) got so bad with lung cancer, we saw him last Saturday March 4th after we got home, and to see him gasp for the little bit of oxygen he could get with each breath was just horrible, well he died last Monday March 6th, the same day as Dana Reeve from the same disease. He was 50 and they were so much in love. Very sad. Their son is 8 yrs old and I don't think really knows the finality of it.

Keep living and as long as you are healthy you can make money.

:hug: Joanna :( :( :( My former MIL who was like a second mother to me died a few years ago from lung cancer. I saw her just 2 days before she died. What a horrible disease. I am so sorry for your loss :(

SamRoc said:

Great to see you again on this thread!! :3dglasses :wave2: I can't wait until ALL of us are meeting in person on the Magic!! :grouphug: :boat:

Hi All!

Nothing special to say, I just wanted to see my little trip ticker again to jump start my day! :thumbsup2

Have a great day, Everyone!!! :sunny: :cheer2: pixiedust:

Denvick said:
Denvick, Dennis, DW Vicki, DS Steven (15), DS Greg (13), Undecided

Welcome to the Cruising Castaways!! :welcome: I will add you and your family to the list of cruisers in the very first post!! Looking forward to getting to you on and seeing you on the ship! :boat: :sail: :sunny:

WOW

Good Morning All, Nice to see the thread come alive again.

Now that we will be staying at Old Key West resort before the cruise for a few days and then the Raddison the night before, I am in planning mode again.

Its the Autotrain to Fl, then Disneyworld, Now I am trying to decide how to celebrate my 49th Bday. maybe breakfast with Stich at the Poly,

I know already for Caitlin even tho its my Bday- it will be dinner with Cinderella and Prince Charming at 1900 park fare.

Ahhh so many plans to do, so little time lol
Ed

SamRoc said:
Hi Castoff. Congratulations on your wedding in November! I am not sure where my friends daughter is getting married. I think it would be beautiful to be married on Castaway Cay, so I hope thats where the ceremony is. Will know more this week.

Thanks but I don't wan't to give the impression it was this past November it was Nov. 04 :rotfl2: Please let me know if they are getting married on the Island. They do a nice job making it private and they won't REGRET it one bit !!! The view of the ship in the background with the water is soooo beautiful. They will still have time to enjoy there day at Castaway after the reception. How exciting ! :Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter