Calling a Uk Mobile

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by gibbo01, May 18, 2010.

1. gibbo01

gibbo01 Earning My Ears

Hi
    I have a request.

once in WDW my UK mobile phone will connect to a USA network. How does my American friend call me from his mobile?

Does he use +44 XXXX as he normally does, as the phone is still a UK phone?

or does he use another mobile prefix?

I am confused please help:confused3:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

You need to contact your service provider to double check. When I use mine in the US on roaming it is still treated as a UK number so anyone calling from the UK dials the number as they would if I were in the UK and those in the USA would dial as if I were still in the UK (so yes, with the +44 prefix). Not that they charge as if in the UK .... :rolleyes1. However that is how my network does it. I don't want to say that goes for all as I am sure it would depend but I do ring them up before I go to make sure I am up to date with my info before each trip. :)

4. gibbo01

gibbo01 Earning My Ears

thank you i will check.

5. TOONMADLAD

TOONMADLAD Mouseketeer

I think that your friend wil get charge for calling an international mobile and you will get charged for recieving a call while on roaming,

The best way to get around this is to get a local sim card if your phone is unlocked, you should be able to get them from Walmart.

Pete.

6. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

Yes, that is how mine works.

Well worth looking into if you want to make (and receive) more than just the occasional call.