Called to order our tickets and WOW was I treated rudely!! Need advice!

So glad you got this figured out. I hate it when Universal gets represented so poorly that it makes people actually consider not even going. I wonder who Debbie actually is and what her job is. It obviously isn't ticket sales!

i'm a border town by lake michigan.
we never get the high temps others do as the constant breeze keeps us with lower temps.

works just opposite in the winter.
makes us colder....

i found the number in the international drive partners guide sheet on line where it lists hotel number for pbr.

I found that too. Given the hours, I wonder if it's the ticket desk next to the EP kiosks (going by memory of RPR here, not specifically PBH) and I wonder if she was running into closing time, or very difficult customers right in front of her? Still isn't excusable (if I could keep it together while answering phone calls from people whining about potentially late Mother's Day presents, not 2 months after my mom died suddenly at 55, anyone should be able to keep it together IMO) but could be explainable (if that distinction means anything to others).

Thats a third party number.

Here is something I found, it's part or the I trolley service, but shows PBH as the call number. I think it's a third party to handle transportation to sea world, aquatica, wet and wild and such. It is not an official Universal ticket center. Maybe one of the RPR employees knows someone there and the agent gets a percentage of sales. Bottom line not a Universal employee and probally had customers in front of them. This is not an excuse for their actions but the issue.

Complimentary transportation to nearby Sea World®, Aquatica and Wet n’ Wild® water park. Please visit or call the Universal Ticket Center at 407-503-1209 to make you transportation reservation.

Anyone that rude is likely to have given you the name of her nemesis at the call center - that Debbie girl that's always so sweet and kind to all her callers making every one else look bad.

Brink of sunshine is correct. The 503 number is for the hotels. Sounds like it was someone sitting at the desk at the ticket kiosk at the hotel. It used to be run by a company called Destination Universal but I am pretty sure it is someone else now. They do sell tickets to people who are in front of them at their kiosk but aren't set up for ticket orders to be mailed. Some of them can do an online order for you to pick up at the hotel but not for mailing. Definitely rude but the person at the hotel gave you the wrong number to call for online orders. Glad you got it taken care of.

I'm not sure why she didn't just transfer me or tell me I'd reached the wrong place. And I know what you mean, I've maintained myself on the phone even during outragously stressful times in my life too. I totally get that everyone has a bad day which is why I always cut people some slack and just try again. It was, for me, the fact that instead of something like that she flat out told me it was memorial day weekend and she was busy and didn't have time to bother with me (not know where to find the link online (which didn't exist)). But all is well now!! :) And yes I realize it may be an overreaction to some that I consider changing my plans, but I only have so much time and money to spend on vacationing so I guess I take it seriously.
Anyone that rude is likely to have given you the name of her nemesis at the call center - that Debbie girl that's always so sweet and kind to all her callers making every one else look bad.

Yes, I bet so too. So, I didn't call to complain. I got my tickets ordered from someone pleasant and decided that evened the karma and let it go (let it go, i'm one with the wind and....oh wait wrong theme park franchise!!)

I totally agree that she was rude and I would have been very upset to be treated that way. I was just trying to figure out why neither the hotel nor Debbie gave you the correct phone number. If you want to make a complaint, just stop by guest services inside the park and they will make sure that her supervisor is aware of how she treats customers.

I'm not sure why she didn't just transfer me or tell me I'd reached the wrong place. And I know what you mean, I've maintained myself on the phone even during outragously stressful times in my life too. I totally get that everyone has a bad day which is why I always cut people some slack and just try again. It was, for me, the fact that instead of something like that she flat out told me it was memorial day weekend and she was busy and didn't have time to bother with me (not know where to find the link online (which didn't exist)). But all is well now!! :) And yes I realize it may be an overreaction to some that I consider changing my plans, but I only have so much time and money to spend on vacationing so I guess I take it seriously.

Yes, I bet so too. So, I didn't call to complain. I got my tickets ordered from someone pleasant and decided that evened the karma and let it go (let it go, i'm one with the wind and....oh wait wrong theme park franchise!!)

escriven, you got a raw deal on that phone conversation you had and i totally understand you being upset.
it is always shocking to have someone talk rudely and insulting to a person that is trying to make a purchase over the phone.

but, i did read you now bought the tickets and it was a pleasant experience.

i hope you can move on now and not let this one bad experience keep you upset.

sometimes these bad things happen to nice people like you.

plan your trip and dream about all the fun you will be having.

and if you ever get a pet, don't name the animal Debbie.

Why thank you. Yes, I've over my moodiness about Debbie. Karma. And we do have a cat luckily her name is Liz Lemon not Debbie. It's a shame I couldn't milk it for a discount somewhere tho!! More $$ to buy Butterbeers. We're super pumped to get there. Each time we go, it seems my kids are a couple inches taller and able to do another new ride they were too short for last time. And I read so much is on the chopping block that we're going to try to ride some of those since it maybe be the last time. My son ( 8 yo ) saw that Nintendo is coming and basically expects it will be up and running when we go. In 2 weeks. I love his blind optimism!! So anyway, Debbie isn't ruining my trip. I am bummed that all the family members that are coming for their first visit ever that also heard her on the phone now have that as their first impression though. :(

i did notice that you are over that unfortunate rude person incident, but i do want to let you know that there are always someone or something that makes trip planning that tries to spoil your happiness.

if the family members later bring up what they heard on that phone call from hell you had, just say, "oh, completely forgot about that......."

you wil have so much fun at the darkside, that moment of ugliness you experienced, will soon be a past memory that will be forgotten quickly....

we are both from around the same area, maybe you are recieiving the same rain storms that i have had all day....and still going on tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter