Called by timeshare compamies to sell?

Mrs.Milo

DIS Veteran
We have received calls from 2 different timeshare companies this last week to see if we were interested in selling our points at the Boardwalk. Has anyone else been contacted? We declined of course.

We have received calls from 2 different timeshare companies this last week to see if we were interested in selling our points at the Boardwalk. Has anyone else been contacted? We declined of course.

I usually get a call a week, and something in the mail, about attending a gathering at one of our local restaurants to discuss our timeshare.

It is extremely rare that I receive a solicitation of this nature. But, since I switched to Vonage a few years ago my phone number is no longer in the phone book.

Oh, yes-we get the calls to sell at least once a month. I can tell, because DH, who's usually not rude, always says "Why would we want to sell? Did H**** freeze over?" and hangs up.

99.999% of those companies just want you to send them money up front to list your timeshare on their website. IMO, it's a scam. If you send them money, the chances of anything happening are virtually zero.

99.999% of those companies just want you to send them money up front to list your timeshare on their website. IMO, it's a scam. If you send them money, the chances of anything happening are virtually zero.
::yes::::yes::::yes::

I just got a call!! We don't get them very often.

Right after he told me the call would be recorded, i told him i wasn't interested and hung up the phone.

I :love::love::love: my DVC!!

i'm curious - are you on the FTC "do not call" registry?
if yes, you can report them (normally, i just inform the very few solicitors that call that i will file a complaint if they call back, and that stops them).
if no, i would suggest doing so (else, the calls will likely continue).

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free.
https://www.donotcall.gov/

hth :)

i'm curious - are you on the FTC "do not call" registry?
if yes, you can report them (normally, i just inform the very few solicitors that call that i will file a complaint if they call back, and that stops them).
if no, i would suggest doing so (else, the calls will likely continue).

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY
The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website. You can register your home or mobile phone for free.
https://www.donotcall.gov/

hth :)

Unfortunately, there is a growing number of "businesses" that pay no attention to the Do Not Call registry. They will show a false number on your caller ID, and will continue pestering you without giving you specific enough info to report them. I can;t believe these people are dumb enough to believe I would do business with any company that bypasses the law in such a way, but I guess they bully enough people to fall for their promises that it makes it worth it. There are also a lot of business masquerading as charities to bypass the No Call list, often giving only a few pennies of every dollar collected.

I was contacted by phone last week. When Inasked where they got mt information from the woman stated it was public record. I told her not to call again and hung up.

I was contacted by phone last week. When Inasked where they got mt information from the woman stated it was public record. I told her not to call again and hung up.
It is true that our deeds are public record and likely that some timeshare companies go through those records. They then try to match up recorded names and states to phone and address records to solicit business.

If these scams never worked, they'd stop. Therefore, there must be a bunch of suckers, I mean naive people out there. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter