Call me crazy but...

...I really hope the person who had my resort room before me didn't make poached chicken and couscous in the coffee maker

why would they?????????????:confused3

Yikes, lol! Although with the ticket price increase, this may be the way to save $$ especially if free dining isn't offered!:rotfl2:

Okay, I"ll be honest. I read that link and it actually intrigued me. I have a desire to travel the world cheaply and this was actually a bit of a "how-to" for me!

Anyhow.... just wondering WHY they would say to NEVER use your coffee maker to make coffee again after you make the poached chicken and couscous? Why couldn't you just wash the pot like you would any other pot or pan in your kitchen? You aren't putting chicken into the actually coffee maker, just the glass pot.

Okay.... I know where this thread is going. Lots of folks screaming and yelling about fire dangers, mis-use of standard hotel rooms and hotel room appliances, and lots of others shouting about expensive vacation foods and how they need to save whenever/where ever they can. ....................P

Anyhow.... just wondering WHY they would say to NEVER use your coffee maker to make coffee again after you make the poached chicken and couscous? Why couldn't you just wash the pot like you would any other pot or pan in your kitchen? You aren't putting chicken into the actually coffee maker, just the glass pot.

Agreed. Unless they had actually steamed asparagus in the basket like they mentioned at the end of the gizmodo couscous article. Or carrots like int he main article.

They are going to have coffee-oatmeal in that first picture. Ick. That's the problem with getting hot water from the keurig. You have to clean it and run water through it a few times first.

They are going to have coffee-oatmeal in that first picture. Ick. That's the problem with getting hot water from the keurig. You have to clean it and run water through it a few times first.

I don't know. I hate coffee but like the occasional hot tea. I have never noticed a coffee taste in my tea. Not that I think cooking in your coffee pot is a good idea but the hot water for instant oatmeal/grits I could see working.

I don't know. I hate coffee but like the occasional hot tea. I have never noticed a coffee taste in my tea. Not that I think cooking in your coffee pot is a good idea but the hot water for instant oatmeal/grits I could see working.

I use my keurig for hot water for things like instant oatmeal and cup o' soup. I've never ran water through it a few times first and have never noticed a coffee taste.

THIS is why I bring my own water heater.

And they have the grilled cheese totally wrong. Everyone knows you use the iron for grilled cheese! :rotfl2:

I've never cooked in a hotel room coffee maker. On long business trips I may run short of a pair of underwear or socks and the coffeemaker is perfect for doing a tiny load of laundry.

That is funny :)

We always take one of our own (4 cup) I drink leaded, DH drinks unleaded and we always take our own cups. But, with the reports i've read of what people do with the coffee pots in hotels we have decided to take 2 small coffee pots with us from now on. We drive so it won't be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter