Call Me Coral 8.8.11 {Kristin & Richard's Wishes WP/BoardWalk Wedding Plans}

Found this planning journal and decided to join in! My DBF and I are waiting till I'm done with my masters and he's done with his PhD before getting engaged and married so for now I'm going to live out my Disney wedding planning fantasy through you and the DIS wedding board in general! :thumbsup2 I love that it was common knowledge that little Mason would be your ring bearer...it's totally common knowledge in my family that I'll get married at Disney World as well, my Goddaughters always ask DBF when they get to go to Disney World and be our flower girls...I've trained them to ask that! :rotfl: Love the way you asked your bridesmaids...such a CUTE idea!!! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Love all your plans!!! I love how you asked your bridesmaids. I will definitely keep reading!!

Thanks Ladies! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Tessaluvstigger!

Sorry for the delay in updates ladies...I needed to get my pictures off my old computer-Thankfully I am back-up and running!

As promised I am sharing our save the dates with you all...

But before I get into that I wanted to say that 7 days after Rich and I were engaged I contacted DFTW...As I mentioned before I work for a wedding planner in Philadelphia {The Queen of Hearts Wedding Consultants}, the owners name is Mark Kingsdorf and he is PHENOMENAL! Awhile back he attended an open house at DFTW and met their Senior Wedding Consultant, Pam Pearce...as soon as he heard I was engaged and would be planning a Disney wedding he told me to contact her. Of course I called Pam the very next day! Pam was not in the office when I called so I left a message, not long after I hung up the phone she returned my call :yay: We chatted about my engagement and my ideas for our wedding, it was a great conversation and I knew that I would LOVE working with her from that point on! Later that day Pam sent me a follow up e-mail with a ton of information that she promised to send me, she is absolutely wonderful {I'm a bit sad that I won't have her through the whole process...but I am excited to find out who my planner will be}! Pam and I have been in contact via e-mail ever since and I can't wait for our planning session this August to meet her {And hopefully my planner too!!!}

Now onto the STD's {which is odd to type, however it takes too much effort to type Save The Dates...over and over again :rotfl:}

Since we are doing a destination wedding I knew that our STD's had to be fun and "destination-y"...I search the internet and wedding magazines for inspiration. I saw a lot of cute ideas {ie: boarding passes} but I wanted something that our guests could actually use when traveling to our wedding...and that is how we decided on...LUGGAGE TAGES :goodvibes

Once again working for a wedding planner has yet another benefit...I work with an AMAZING graphic designer, Christina, and thankfully she offered to help us out and design anything we needed!!!

I found some great 100% recycled envelopes on envelopemall.com and luggage tags with plastic straps on another website-I placed the orders and waited for the items to arrive
1.jpg
2.jpg

Once I received these I went to work on measuring and working with Christina {The Graphic Designer} to create our logo for the tags...as she was working on those I took inspiration from Martha Stewart and made labels for the envelopes...which matched our King/Queen of Hearts stamps perfectly and I didn't even plan it :woohoo:
DSC_0012-Copy.jpg

I always loved the idea of envelope liners and knew I needed to have one...so I made these
DSC_0005.jpg

notice anything?!

I then wrote a letter to include in our STD package
DSC_0013.jpg

because I know everyone might not be interested in coming to a Disney Wedding {However something might be wrong with them :rotfl2:}

Next was the STD card that included an informal RSVP
DSC_0009-Copy.jpg

Christina sent me the AMAZING logo that I just LOVED and bam
DSC_0020.jpg

our luggage tags were born!!!

DSC_0036-Copy.jpg

I placed everything in the the labeled and lined envelopes...We loved them, and hope our guests do too!

Our little beauties were ready for their send-off...so they buckled up for safety
3.jpg

Our guests have received them and started replying...we are at close to 50 yes' and only under 10 no's...they have until next Saturday to reply :dance3:

Wow!!! Your STD's are awesome!!! The luggage tags are a great idea. I have been having trouble coming up with something my guests can use.

Those tags are awesome, I'd be really happy with those too!

Wow!!! LOVE your STD's!!!!:cool1: Great job! And thanks for crossing your fingers for me...we went "ring shopping" this weekend!!!!!:thumbsup2

Wow!!! Your STD's are awesome!!! The luggage tags are a great idea. I have been having trouble coming up with something my guests can use.

Thanks pixiegirl!!! It was tough thinking of something that would be useful...now only if my guests use them on their luggage for our wedding :lmao:

Those tags are awesome, I'd be really happy with those too!

Thank you :hug:

Wow!!! LOVE your STD's!!!!:cool1: Great job! And thanks for crossing your fingers for me...we went "ring shopping" this weekend!!!!!:thumbsup2

:woohoo: Thanks a bunch! How exciting?! Maybe it's working!

Ladies-We found the dress-es!!!

I have been searching high and low for a dress for my girls to wear, or dresses. I have looked at J.Crew, Vera Wang...and a BUNCH more...there were so many that I really liked and thought "there it is." But when I went to the bridal shop to pick up my bridesmaid dress for my cousin's wedding I saw this dress in the window and I fell in love with the fabric! Fabric I know...however it was this light tissue taffeta that had this beautiful iridescence-y look {which sounds odd}. However the dress was short and strapless...I had always imagined that my girls would be in long dresses that would not be strapless! So I went to see what other dresses this designer, Bill Levkoff, had that were long and not strapless...much to my surprise I fell in LOVE with a short strapless little dress-with POCKETS {which I didn't notice at first}!:love:

The store's sample of this dress was "watermelon" and not "terracotta" so this is the color sample
DSC_0063.jpg

I sent all my ladies a link to the Bill Levkoff site and asked them all their opinion...and much to my surprise everyone liked the dress as much as me! So we made an appointment to go to the bridal shop to try it on. Luckily we were all able to go this past Saturday and everyone was able to meet each other for the first time :yay:

Everyone was able to try on the dress...but here is my one cousin modeling it for you!
DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0057.jpg

There are so many things that I love about this dress...asymmetrical, pleats, pockets...of the adorable bow in the back the won't come untied!!!

Thankfully I was also able to find another dress that I loved just as much...but for the flower girls! My future nieces {Olivia and Paige} were more then happy to try this one on...they would have loved to stay in the dresses all day {they didn't want to take them off when it was time to leave}!
DSC_0058.jpg
DSC_0061.jpg

Olivia {the oldest} gave it her seal of approval..."Aunt Kristin this is the perfect spin-y dress!" :hug:

Since the flower girl dresses are by "Us Angels" they do not have a coordinating or matching color...so I am purchasing extra fabric from Bill Levkoff and making each girl a sash. I am also going to make pocket squares for the groomsmen, a tie for a ring bearer {Mason} and our ring pillow that Mason will carry down the isle.

Hope you ladies like them as much as we do! :flower3:

I love the dresses. I could see wearing something like what your cousin is wearing even outside of weddings. Your niece to be is adorable.

LOVE those BM dresses!!! Your BMs are gonna look gorgeous!!! :cool1: Your little flower girl looks like she was in heaven twirling around in her dress...she is going to be on cloud nine on your wedding day!:thumbsup2

Wow!! Your dresses are really cute. I love the color!!!! The flower girls dresses are adorable as well!!!!

I love the dresses. I could see wearing something like what your cousin is wearing even outside of weddings. Your niece to be is adorable.

LOVE those BM dresses!!! Your BMs are gonna look gorgeous!!! :cool1: Your little flower girl looks like she was in heaven twirling around in her dress...she is going to be on cloud nine on your wedding day!:thumbsup2

I am so in love with the dress. And pockets too :thumbsup2

Wow!! Your dresses are really cute. I love the color!!!! The flower girls dresses are adorable as well!!!!

Your dresses are so cute!

Thanks Ladies!!! Glad the dresses got the Disboards seal of approval too :rotfl:

I can't wait until the dresses come in...I will be sure to post more pictures!

Well since I can't do too much with planning...YET...I am always on the lookout for something I can do, make, or use for our wedding.

The other day I was making my weekly trip to my favorite store...Target. I was "window shopping" when I noticed a big bin of these beauties..

Tissues.jpg

I quickly recounted my pre-rsvp yes' in my head and decided I needed to buy about 50 {to be safe} so that I could put one in each of our hotel room welcome boxes! The lady at the cash register must have thought I was crazy or had a really bad cold...especially since I counted them and knew how many of each character I had! I know...I'm :sick:!

I think they are so cute so I figured I would share :thumbsup2

Well I am coming to the boards for some help from you ladies!

I knew that I wanted to buy ties for our guys since the "coral" color at Men Warehouse was not what I was hoping for...Anyway my mom found these ties and I need to know which ones you like best, please and thank you!

Just a reminder our colors are Coral, Turquoise, and Grey.

Here is the BM dress color
Swatch2.jpg

And here is something new...our FG baskets
FGBasket.jpg

Now here are the ties...

Option #1
Tie1.jpg

Option #2
Tie2.jpg

I am not sure if option #1 is too much pattern with the flower girl baskets {this pattern will be making more of an appearance also}! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Ladies...I know you will help me out :flower3:

I love the tissues! I may have to go to target and pick some up!

I also completely understand what you mean by "falling" in love with a fabric. I was bummed when the dress we all loved didn't come in the fabric I wanted.

I like option 2 for the tie, but I'm not a big patterny person. If the pattern is going to be on a lot of things, then maybe it would tie in with the groomsmen? Sorry, i'm not helpful! lol

Well I am coming to the boards for some help from you ladies!

I knew that I wanted to buy ties for our guys since the "coral" color at Men Warehouse was not what I was hoping for...Anyway my mom found these ties and I need to know which ones you like best, please and thank you!

Just a reminder our colors are Coral, Turquoise, and Grey.

Here is the BM dress color
Swatch2.jpg

And here is something new...our FG baskets
FGBasket.jpg

Now here are the ties...

Option #1
Tie1.jpg

Option #2
Tie2.jpg

I am not sure if option #1 is too much pattern with the flower girl baskets {this pattern will be making more of an appearance also}! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Ladies...I know you will help me out :flower3:

Kristin,

Are the guys wearing suits or a tux ?

I love the kleenex's. I may have to go pick some up for welcome bags as well!! I have been racking my brain on what to put in the welcome bags and that is a great idea.

I like tie #2. I think number 1 may be to much of a pattern for the flower girl baskets. I love the pattern on the baskets by the way!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter