Call from Disney about construction at WL

Bamapixie

Earning My Ears
A couple of weeks ago our travel agent got a call from Disney asking if we wanted to move from the WL to either Bay Lake Towers, Poly or AKL due to the ongoing construction at the WL. We thought about it and told her to move us to Bay Lake Towers. Well they couldn't do that and my husband hates the bus service at AKL so that left the Poly. We said ok. It was basically an upgrade compared to what we had at the WL. So now I'm getting real nervous about the move because I find out there is also construction at the Poly too. We're going the second week in December. Did we make the right decision in moving? We've never stayed at the Poly and I know absolutely nothing about the Poly. We've only eaten at Kona's before. Any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'd have stayed at WL or moved to AKL. They would've probably offered a discount to stay at WL. Poly is fun though. No worries.

The Poly is beautiful! the construction is largely complete. The quiet pool is all that is currently being worked upon, I believe. We are going in Jan and we hate construction, but are hoping that it will be finished enough not to be a huge problem.

It is a great upgrade! You will be on the monorail!

Currently, the construction at Poly is mostly around the quiet pool area which they have completely torn up. They are doing maintenance projects around the resort as well, but they aren't that intrusive (at lease they weren't when we were there in August). If you have concerns about the construction, I would put an "away from construction" request on your reservation. It's not a guarantee, but at least they will have an idea of where you would like to be in the resort. We were placed in Fiji on the beach side and it was beautiful and peaceful. Enjoy your trip!

Are they moving you to the Poly villas?

We were just moved from VWL and our choices were BCV or Kidani, we went for Kidani.

:earsboy: Bill

No. They didn't offer the villas. And the travel agent tried to get a discount at WL. We had a bunk bed room. I would have just stayed there if we'd have gotten a discount.

Well, you'll have far less construction at the Poly than you would have dealt w/ this year at the WL.
You'll be on the MK monorail and you can walk to the TTC or monorail over and take the Epcot monorail - so that's 2 parks w/ no buses.
The grounds at the Poly are lush, the rooms are nice and large. Personally I'd request a room w/ a balcony as not all have them.

No. They didn't offer the villas. And the travel agent tried to get a discount at WL. We had a bunk bed room. I would have just stayed there if we'd have gotten a discount.
Aren't there go discounts coming out tomorrow morning? I was offered a discount on a bunk bed room at WL laser week when the codes came out for Disney Visa Card holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter