• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Call Center Locations

My aunt works at the call center in Overland Park, KS. She used to do Disney Club, now does Disney Catalog. She was laughing at me when I came to visit because I knew more about the restaurants and resorts than she did, and the call center sometimes takes overflow for both. I wouldn't mind the job, but I can't see myself relocating to Kansas.

I worked at CRO in Tampa and Orlando. Yes, during peak periods - disney will call upon other resources to assist.
This includes not only catalog - but also Disney cruise.
Pretty much any area can be made to receive those calls -
the bad part about Kansas city- is the lack of knowledge that Orlando and Tampa would have.
It is not a secret where call centers are located. And yes- if you ask -they should tell you. After all - if you need to get back to Lettuce - or anyone else's stage name - you would want to at least know which office handled your call.
There is no security issue. The call centers are not located on property. The one in Tampa is nowhere near downtown Tampa and looks like a normal building with no real indication it is disney.
And the one in Orlando is about 15 minutes from the furthermost points of disney. It is actually about 2 miles from Universal and the building is also not obvious that it is Disney.

I dont work for disney, wish i hadnt turned it down when i got the chance..

I've worked for one of the largest inbound call center co. for the last 3 yrs doing satalite programing, main rule is we can say state, but nuthing more.

Why? we talk to crazy people. nuthing against my customers since only like 8 percent of 12 million actually ever call in, but we got some wierd, lonely people out there that simply need to be in an institution. ( i have 1 customer that over 4 yrs has called us over 1200 times, and these are only the documented calls that we know of since we didnt do complete documentation untill the begining of 2003) not only this, but people are willing to get violent over very trivial stuff... stuff happenes in the house hold, lost there job or there just not having a good day, they misread there bill or never bother to open it until the tv tells you to please call us and we the entertainment consultants get the brunt of there oversite...

and over the location thing i'll usually be nice about it and tell ya more info than im supposed to but if your acting wierd, dont expect a straight answer when it comes down to info like that, i'll never mislead you on product info, but qwite frankly you dont need to know were im at.

Why do co. not take there own calls, simple its cheaper to train some one elses employees that already know how to talk on the phone to sell your product, than it is to train sells agents to talk on the phone. Tho i wish more co were as professional as DirecTV. (I dont want flame mail over this, just my position on this particular co. since most co i deal with think im a pile of poo when i talk to them.)

Chris Rhodes
Proud employee that works for DirecTV

Just remember, Disney is not just ANY product. Can you just imagine what it would be like to send those CRO calls to India? Where would be the pixie dust? The product knowledge? Despite the recent problems with the new system, by and large, the people I have spoken to at CRO are friendly, knowledgable, and really want to help me as a Disney guest. They seem to truly want to help me, as they have as much stake in it as I do. They have company loyalty. Anyone can be trained to sell Rainsoft, or Sprint, or Wacky Widgets, or what have you, but Disney, Disney is different, isn't it? Ok, maybe dining is easy, but how about questions like "How do I get to _________from_______, what's the best resort for someone with a 3 year old?, What is the name of the Scottish Band in the Canadian pavilion, etc etc, etc, and in my experience they always listen and they always care adn try to help. I am also not very happy with the sending of many call centers off shore. Kansas is one thing, but India? I cancelled my JC Penney Credit Card when I found out that it was administered in India, and I plan to cancel EVERY credit card or what have you that is adminisered over there.Nothing against India, or people making a living, but hey, they are OUR jobs.
Eventually, if enough jobs go overseas, who will have the money here to even Go to Disneyworld? Henry Ford had the right idea, pay your people enough so that they can enjoy and buy your product. Be kinda hard to do from 8000 miles away, wouldn't it?
Sorry, just venting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter