California seat belt law and taxis

Well, the friend I mentioned earlier told me that on her taxi ride home from the airport yesterday, the driver told her that the law changed 3 years ago, and he almost refused to take her. She was surprised (I don't think she believed me when I told her that taxis were no longer exempt from the booster law), but called to tell me I was right! She said she's going to buy a bubblebum for future travel. Kind of cracked me up that after I'd told her she was breaking the law and she didn't believe me, then the same week she gets an earful from a taxi driver. :rolleyes1

I hear you. My DD8 is still in a 5-point in our Camry. She still fits and it's much easier to do 3-across with a harnessed seat than a booster.

OP. Depending on charges for checked luggage/oversize bags, you still might be better off with Bubblebums than lugging regular boosters around. Just weigh all the costs before you decide!

I was going to suggest the bubble bum as well but it isnt available in Canada. OP is there anyway for you to order a bubble bum to a hotel before you get to anaheim? I have been on the fence about getting a couple for when we fly into the US. I wish we could use them here :(

I am now looking into renting a vehicle and getting boosters with it. Does anyone know of a car rental company that has pick up near the San Diego cruise terminal (we are coming off of a DCL trip) and drop of near Disneyland?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter