California Screamin'

momsmail

Mouseketeer
My son is 6 1/2. He is 49" tall with shoes on (probably 48.5 without) and is 51 lbs with clothes on- so skinny/average build and a tall guy.

I know the ride height requirement for Screamin' is 48 inches. I am just worried about how young he is -- can he really fit in the seat with the safety bar in place properly? He has been on tons of rides but never one like this. :eek:

Has anyone taken a young child on this ride? Thoughts?

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

The harness on the ride goes over the head and then locks into place, so the height requirement is important, but he should be held securely. If he likes this type of ride, then he should be fine - the roller coaster is so smooth you hardly know it is going upside down until you are through the loop. It really is a great ride!

Agree with PP. Both of my children have been riding California Screamin' from the day they were tall enough too. They will be secure if the harness comes down tight over their heads. Have fun!

My 7 year old son is 54 inches and he's been riding it for years. He loves it! They are really buckled in good.

As soon as my older 3 kids were tall enough they rode it! They all love it! It is safe and if you want there is room for hand holding over the harness.

Have a magical time!

a child's age has nothing to do with whether a ride is safe or not.

if your child meets the height requirement and is otherwise in good health there is no reason for him not to go on if he wants to.

my niece is extremely tall for her age and was going on tower of terror and splash mountain at the age of 3.

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate all of them! We're gonna have a blast on this ride! :thumbsup2

My DD1 was only 5 when she was tall enough to ride it. She loves it and will go over and over and over. The harness seemed ok and she was willing so we let her go for it. My DD2 is 4 and is 47 inches so when we go in another month she'll be close. All she does is talk about wanting to go on it. She's 4! We are going to play that one by ear. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter