California Schools Christmas Vacations??

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
We're from Central California and most of our schools are getting out on Dec. 21st. How about Southern California and beyond?? Will they be out by Monday the 18th and already hitting DL?? :confused3 Just trying to plan our best options for everything. :dance3: Thanks! :tinker:

We are from northern CA and we don't get out till the 22nd. So our first actual day off school is the 25th. They don't go back to school till the 8th if that makes sense.

This works great for us as we are going down for New Year's and the kids won't have to miss school when we go home on the 2nd!

Our last day is the 21st too. REALLY late! I know quite a few families (including my own :blush: ) who will not be at school that last week.

I live in So Cal and our kids are out from 12/25 - 1/8.

We are letting the boys miss a couple of days for this trip since the official calendar wasn't out when we booked our trip.

Some schools get out the 18th or so and go back the 2nd, others don't get out till the 21st and go back the 8th or 9th. Just depends on the district. A few years back LAUSD got 3 weeks off, but don't know if they still do.

Well if most of California is not getting out of school till almost Christmas, than the week before should still be pretty good as far as crowds go. At least that what I'm hoping for. But whatever happens, we're still at DL and that is what counts. :rotfl: What say you?? :tinker:

I'm hoping the same tinkermell.... fingers are crossed!

I thought I read here that So Cal schools are out from 12/15? The DL calendar shows extended hours as of the 15th.

Dis Ohana said:
I thought I read here that So Cal schools are out from 12/15? The DL calendar shows extended hours as of the 15th.

People probably just assumed that it was the 15th. In the past we've had the week BEFORE Christmas off too so we assumed we would this year too. Like I said before, I know *lots* of families that will not be at school that final week before Christmas, we all assumed that we would have that off. Instead we'll be off until the 2nd week of January.

Dis Ohana said:

The park hours are you best clue to judge crowds. Increased hours=increased crowds.

SoCal residents are not the only people who go to DL during school breaks. :confused3 People travel during holiday times and attend amusement parks. The hotels are booked (as many have already posted) - seems to me travelers might be the ones impacting the crowds.

Here in Corona (about 30 mins. east of DL) our schools last day, before Christmas break, is Dec. 22. They go back on Jan. 8th. Except, that is for the 25% who'll be off-track during the entire month of Dec. They'll be off Nov. 23 to Jan. 8th(Our elementary and intermediate schools are year round here)

Added-I just checked the Anaheim school district website (which covers alot of Orange Co. schools) and their holiday schedule is the same as ours. Off 12/23 to 1-7.

My daughter is off 12/18 to 1/2/07. We are planning a trip on 12/17 - maybe it won't be as crowded.

So OC is off 12/23-1/7. We are going 12/3 and 12/17. Crowds, in general, have been bigger than they were 3-4 years ago. With the 50th Anniversary celebration and the overall better advertising, I don't think crowds will go back to the way they were years ago.

For the Pasadena Unified School DIstrict the last day of school is the 21st of December. They go back the 8th of January. I know for us we will be avoiding DL during the holidays because of th crowds!

kelmac284 said:
We are from northern CA and we don't get out till the 22nd. So our first actual day off school is the 25th. They don't go back to school till the 8th if that makes sense.
Same here in Northern Nevada-Reno (all Washoe County Schools)

Actually, our first day of vacation in the 18th up here in Nor. Cal. We're hoping crowds won't be huge on the 21st. I wonder why everybody's is so late.

Uh-oh! it's gonna get crowded around there, but I know we'll have fun anyway.

I'm a teacher at a charter school in Southern Cali (San Diego) ... we are out on Dec 15th :woohoo: and head back on Jan 8th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter