California new COVID-19 mask mandate thru mid-January

Managed to get myself infected over our trip last week despite masking pretty rigorously indoors and outdoors. The parks are just really, really crowded. Some distancing measures would be nice, but I doubt they're going to be imposed. A vaccine requirement would be ideal if they're not going to do anything about the distancing.
Sorry to hear you got covid on the trip :(

The most common timing of transmission remains indoors-meals. We routinely ordered quick service and eat outside as possible -- luckily Bengal BBQ is our standard and lends itself to this as does French Market :)

Managed to get myself infected over our trip last week despite masking pretty rigorously indoors and outdoors. The parks are just really, really crowded. Some distancing measures would be nice, but I doubt they're going to be imposed. A vaccine requirement would be ideal if they're not going to do anything about the distancing.
So sorry to hear that. Hope you’re OK!

The most common timing of transmission remains indoors-meals.
I won't reply after to avoid covid debate, but is there any source you have for this claim?

I'm just amazed they can track down to the second covid entered someone's body as they were eating inside a restaurant (but coughing and breathing down someone's neck behind you in an outdoor queue line, with no mask, is perfectly safe.)

Last edited:
Is Disneyland going to require a negative covid test within one day before attending a mega event as it seems to indicate will be required in the article? That doesn't seem practical. We don't want to drive into town and immediately find a testing center. Do they even do rapid testing there?

Is Disneyland going to require a negative covid test within one day before attending a mega event as it seems to indicate will be required in the article? That doesn't seem practical. We don't want to drive into town and immediately find a testing center. Do they even do rapid testing there?
Read through this link: https://covid19.ca.gov/mega-events/

It appears as though only indooe mega events have a requirement, outdoor mega events have a recommendation.

Regardless, as of today, DLR was not checking vaccine status or requiring a test within 24 hours of entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter