California - LAX Hotels

rickdeni said:
We stayed at the Grand Floridian Hotel and returned our car to LAX in the morning and then took the shuttle.
But wouldn't the Grand Californian have been more convenient than the Grand Floridian? Racing across the continent to return your rental car can get boring, and you might have missed the shuttle if there were heavy rains in Texas. :D

Funny Horace!

Any suggestions for leaving from the GC if you have no car rental?? :rolleyes:

O.k. Now I am more confused than ever! We are flying into LAX on Monday and renting a car. We will be at DL until the cruise. Now, what am I going to do with this car? This is all killing me because no one has any experience with this yet!!!!! :confused:

There is a National Car Rental located at D'land if you are renting from them and then take a shuttle from there.. You can always return the car to the airport at Long Beach and take a taxi or shuttle from there.
We are looking at flying into Long Beach and just doing shuttles now instead of renting a car the day before.

My DH had us booked with a package for next summer, which included
transfers from GC to port, and port to LAX. We have since cancelled the
package and are booking everything on our own, but the woman at the
GC did ask him if he didn't want to keep the transfers (this does not
include transfer when we arrive, from LAX to GC) - and, yes, we are
definitely keeping the transfers - $50/person. I will investigate ways
to get to GC from airport, there was something mentioned on this board,
of a transportation service that will include a food stop (we like to
have bottled water in our rooms) and there will be 7 of us using the
transfer. Let's keep in touch with ideas. Diversions sounds great - I
can't wait to see it (this will be a new area for us - haven't been on The
Magic in several years).
Today is very, very depressing in Kutztown, PA: heavy rain, and wind
It feels good to talk with everyone and think of next summer.
:charac2: I'm feeling sorry for myself, the weather and no Christmas shopping as of today, and still seven months until I meet everyone.

lwilliam, if there are 7 in your group you may want to look into hiring a private service. The GC may be able to give you ideas on who to use. I will ask my friend which private service she used to tour the LA area. Which cruise are you on next summer?

If you get to the DLR and forget to buy bottled water, there is a Target just down the street. Take Harbor BLVD. south for about two blocks. It's too far to walk unless you really want to walk! Take a taxi. The Target is on your left. Don't buy water at DL. It's too expensive. I have stayed at all of the DLR hotels and I always see many shuttles and even a big Disney bus taking tourists back to the airport. Call the hotels and they will glady help you with transportation. I came home after vacationing in Hawaii and I saw many shuttles with the Disneyland title just outside the baggage claim area at LAX. Don't forget about Ports of Call when staying at San Pedro. It's a tourist/sea village that was once very good but has since lost some shine. The Queen Mary in Long Beach is a fun place to visit and even stay in. It operates as a hotel. If you have a rental car at the DLR hotels, parking is included with the resort fee. You are allowed two cars per reservation. If you are staying at the GC, you can either do valet parking for a fee or use the parking lot across the street that is included with your resort fee. If you use this parking lot across the street, you should first pull into the GC, unload your luggage, register, leave someone there, and then repark the car across the street. You will be very upset having to pull your luggage across the street!Don't forget about White Water Cafe at the GC. It's next to the pool. It has a good and cheap breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. More like fast food though but cheaper than Story Teller's Cafe. You can take the food back to your room, the pool area, or eat there. Oh, don't forget the hidden Mickey at GC in the Grand Father clock!

Great tips everyone! Thanks!

We also have 7 in our party. Who's the best company to book for a trip from DL to the port???? :flower1:

AOP157 - WendyP, her parents and my family are traveling together. After her return trip this Thangsgiving from Hilton Head - she did some more research based on again someone's recommendation. She went ahead and booked for us the Best Western Sunrise in Redondo Beach - about 7 miles from LAX, right on the beach. Not really knowing much about the areas and hotels, we decided to go ahead with this one and cancel the Holiday Inn. It's only for one night so hopefully everything will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter