California Grill

wonder4fam2011

Mouseketeer
Considering making reservations at CA Grill for Bday celebrations and was wondering the best time to make reservations to see the fireworks. We are going in June.

Can we also request a table by the window or is there a better place to view them?

Thanks!

You can request a table by a window but be aware that there are windows on the west side that do see the Magic Kingdom and south side that do not so you'll need to be specific. They have two outdoor viewing platforms that IMO are a better place to watch the fireworks. Your waiter will work with you to let you go out during the fireworks and keep your table while you do. You can also try to time your ADR so that you finish dinner before the fireworks and then enjoy them before you leave.

Time it so you should finish main courses just befor Wishes starts. Go outside to watch the fireworks, then come back in to find dessert waiting at your table ;-)

Problems are always IF you will be seated on time (often we are not), how fast will the service be that night. and what are you eating? A full meal with apps, etc? That at CG can easily take 2 hours. No matter where you are in the meal (assuming you aren't done) just go out and watch Wishes and then return. We've done that while on apps, doing entrees, and even in the middle of dessert. The staff does their best to time things with a minimum of interruptions..

Lets also remember you and everyone else requests a table by the window. We usually will eat here earlier and come back for the fireworks and watch them from the balcony. Very Cool

We always try to make a reservation where Wishes occurs about an hour into the meal.

We dined at California Grill for the first time last week. We really enjoyed our dinners. I have to say, though, I was rather surprised at how frenetic and very noisy that place is. Will we return? Maybe. But it's not a place for a quiet romantic evening, that's for sure.

Yeah, you really don't need a table by the window. We make our ADR for about an hour and a half before wishes. We know we will either be done by the time it starts or be bwteen entrees and dessert by that point. I would much rather delay my dessert than worry about trying to delay my entree.

For viewing, we go outside on the observation deck about 10 minutes before the start of the show.

I agree that the number of tables that have "Position A" for fireworks viewing is too few to count on. It is better to time your meal so that you can go out onto one of the decks to watch the show. You get better sound that way too.

I have to say, though, I was rather surprised at how frenetic and very noisy that place is.
It's been this way since the doubled the size of the dining area, and then, after the latest remodel, tripled it. It used to be that everything to the right of the bar/hostess stand was lounge seating with loveseats, cocktail tables and chairs. That area is now all used for dining and the sheer numbers just make the place loud boisterous. As long as one expects it going in, it is all good. I will say, however, that the work product coming out of the kitchen has never been the same since they started taxing the kitchen staff so much more heavily. It is hard to maintain consistent quality when the kitchen is pumping out so many plates at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter